Self love amnesia, don't worry if it got you
'Cause you're not alone, not alone
I try to fight but it's getting strong, getting strong, getting strong
Oh, I lost myself tryna have it all
Self love amnesia, don't worry if it got you
'Cause you're not alone​

Last edited by a moderator:

tararaaam

This is not bad, on the contrary. But somehow, it just doesn't progress that much, it feels a bit plastic/too perfect, and yes, a bit generic radio music. Maybe its also how this is tooooo Billie Eilish that dissapoints me somehow. I guess it could be really elevated by a nice staging, 7 from me.

aef

The first upgrade was from :6: to :8: points now Roxen finally gets my :12: points! This song is such a big improvement to her song from last year and it's definitely my biggest grower this season so far. It slowly made its way into my current top 3. Just a very current song with character, a song I'd definitely also listen to on Spotify!

• La La Love
Reactions: Mrm

hijirio

Veteran
In fact, this is a grower and possibly my favorite ballad of the year.
I really like the idea behind the lyrics, a great message during these difficult times.
It's much more relatable than her song in 2020, which had many distracting references such as Alcohol You, fake news etc.
Well, supposing that 'self love amnesia' is not an analogue for 'self love I need ya' or whatever...

I'm upgrading from :7: to :8:, and possibly :10: later but that's way too generous.

harey

The "Oh, I lost myself tryna have it all" reminds me of an other song but I can't get which one?!?

Preuss

This song is really beautiful... I hope Roxen does well xlove But it will need impactful staging in order to grab people's attention. I suppose Roxen's record label has the $$$

• La La Love
Reactions: Mrm

wtf

With most songs released now, this stands out well and is way more original than Bulgaria. I think this has potential to go top 5

The last minute is so good :love: hope she nails it live

Uto

Veteran
With other countries dropping this is still standing pretty strong. At first I thought it was maybe a bit on the weaker side, but it turns out it's pretty strong. I like the melodies quite a bit, production isn't pushing any boundaries like last year but they're serving something strong. I mean there's some nice tricks in there to please those who look for such things and at least it has a proper pulse in the bass. Staging this should be fairly easy to do, guess it's up to Roxen to wrap it up then with a good performance. Should be in for a top 10 finish at least.

Last edited:

Preuss

I agree that the final minute is really good, but they'll need to do something in the first two minutes to keep the viewers interested in the song/performance and then just do something really great for the final minute xlove

rasmuslights

Veteran
well my friend checked the eurovision songs so far (without Sweden and Iceland) and she liked Romania and Cyprus the most. She also kinda liked the Austrian song, but hated the German and also the Italian song (so taste in some ways - Romania, Cyprus and dislike for the German entry, but she is also tasteless for liking Austria and disliking Italy haha)

Realest

It is a Grower, but does it have enough instant Appeal to qualify?

rasmuslights

Veteran
It is a Grower, but does it have enough instant Appeal to qualify?

I think the staging will be good enough to make it qualify. Romania usually has the budget for staging, but it's usually used in a very distasteful manner (basically all their entries since 2017 have looked cheap on stage), but with Global Records on board their budget is much higher + the global records have taste, just look at their music videos.

Iker

Veteran
I dislike the vocals in this studio record, very fake sounding and it does not fit this musical style she's aiming for imho. Easily my bottom 5 so far.

Last edited:

Geborgenheit

I read lyrics and don't understand what she wants to say. However, overall the song has a nice feeling.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
I think she's trying too hard to be poetic with her forced metaphors. I interpret it as "forgetting your doubts and inner demons" (amnesia) to find self-acceptance (self-love), but who knows what she actually means. It lowkey represents everything I detest about nebulous poetry. Whatever. "Alcohol you" was way worse in that regard and she means well, so no points docked from my end.

and @Iker has a good point re: her voice. Her autotune is too pronounced. It distorts her voice to a point I can barely make out what she's singing, which is bad, given the nature and message of her song.

Top Bottom