Contact us

Reversed Eurovision - GAME OVER

tuorem

Hello guys,

Would you mind playing a lil' game? :p I thought I would try to organise a new one.

What is "Reversed Eurovision"?

Well, imagine for a second that we live in a parallel universe where the qualifiers and pre-qualifiers of the contest disappear into oblivion while the non-qualifiers all make the final... Terrifying thought, innit?

How to vote

I would need your help to reward the most deserving acts of each "reversed" grand final, according to your personal taste: rank all competing songs from first (favourite) to last (least favourite) to vote. Many acts will benefit from your generosity, here is the grid I would use to convert your ranking into points:

FsGBNe2.jpg

We would go through a bunch of editions: one round = one year = one grand final. Once the deadline is over, I'll reveal the outcome.

A LIL' SPICE?

To spice things up, before the voting starts, each round will have a lil' guessing game that may trigger an "EVENT": guess who will perform in X position in the next heat, and something may occur. Guess it wrong, and something may happen too! It can either be positive or negative, personal or joint... It is mandatory for you to submit two guesses publicly for each round, otherwise your ranking won't be taken into account. Here are the events I had in mind:

fg79j5n.jpg

This might turn the game into a mess but it might be fun. Who knows? :D I would point out that I will vote too and that I will be affected by the aforementioned EVENTS too. I will make a guess for each round before the right answers are decided by my homie Random.org. The running orders will be random, and so will be the EVENTS chosen: there is no shady scheme here!

Let me know if you have any opinion, suggestion, question, feedback on this project. :) Just don't expect visuals and whatnot, I have neither the time nor the skills to provide you with mind-blowing graphics. Sorry about that! I just want to have fun with you guys.

Feel free to tell me whether you're interested or not. To attract the highest number of voters, I plan to base the game on the 2009-2019 era, which means 11 rounds in total.

REVERSED EUROVISION WINNERS

tuorem

Re: Reversed Eurovision - the game

Hello again guys, :p

I'm giving shout-outs to a few people who participated in games before to know if they would be interested in "Reversed Eurovision". This is like the non-qualifier counterpart of my last game Perfect-final-lineup that included qualifiers only, but with a different approach obviously (which, like I said, could get messy with the experimental "events" situation, but I'm trying to bring something new and hopefully fun to the table).

I'm just testing the waters to see if the game is doable or not. If you're bored with the concept, that's fine (I get it it's another game involving non-qualifiers...). If you'd like to play, then let me know. :)

I haven't set a starting date yet, so I'm all ears to your feedback. The fact it won't be a long game might be noteworthy for some.

xwave Hi to [MENTION=12489]Alaska49[/MENTION] [MENTION=16089]anaraqueen[/MENTION] [MENTION=16481]BorisBubbles[/MENTION] [MENTION=13043]EDC0708[/MENTION] [MENTION=13185]Edward[/MENTION] [MENTION=11532]EscGeek[/MENTION] [MENTION=16493]HayashiM[/MENTION] [MENTION=7006]Hele.[/MENTION] [MENTION=15159]midnightsun[/MENTION] [MENTION=16329]njdevils94[/MENTION] [MENTION=15870]Realest[/MENTION] [MENTION=4395]Schlagerman1[/MENTION] [MENTION=14118]LesterMalvo[/MENTION]

Everyone (including newbies) is welcome to join if they wish to do so.

tuorem

I am not sure I 100% get the events part, but I am sure you will explain it in due time. Otherwise sure, I am in :)

Indeed, I'll explain this part in detail if need be. :)

In short, the events are just an addition to bring a part of drama/randomness to the game (like in the real contest).

For instance, for the first round, we might start with the reversed grand final of 2009 featuring all non-qualifiers of the 2009 Eurovision edition. Your task will be to rank them all from fave to least fave and send your vote to me via PM.

But just before that, I'll ask you to guess which country - out of the 17 competing ones - was set to perform in 8th position in the running order decided by Random.org. You post two guesses in this thread and, once I reveal the running order (and thus the answer), it may trigger a bonus or a penalty depending on which country you mentioned: bonus points to your faves, negative points to your least faves, and so on.

Feel free to ask questions if something isn't clear. ;)

EscGeek

Veteran

Those events are confusing, but i'm in

Is it one round = one event
or x voters = x events?

and how is starting with 0 points a reward?

tuorem

Those events are confusing, but i'm in

Is it one round = one event
or x voters = x events?

and how is starting with 0 points a reward?

It's one round = one event (the same for everyone).

Regarding the "Maltese brown envelope" situation, there is no reward per se: the act to guess is trying to cheat by buying points (it's kind of a funny nod to how Malta is appreciated by the juries in the contest :mrgreen:), if someone guesses right, the act starts with zero points like everyone else because it's been "exposed". If everyone guesses wrong though, the act succeeds in cheating and starts with 24 points, which can have a major impact on the final outcome. :) And since you don't know whether you love or loathe the recipient, it might be useful to prevent them from doing better than they should.

I know that part is a lot. If it's too much though, we can scrap it and just focus on the rest. Or we can test it for one round and see how it goes.

njdevils94

Veteran

I will participate. Just need to understand the rules slightly better :)

Are we starting with 2009?

tuorem

I will participate. Just need to understand the rules slightly better :)

Are we starting with 2009?

Yes my friend! Feel free to ask me anything. :) I can tweak the game if it seems too complicated. Or maybe I should write a post with examples of each event and the voting process? xthink

tuorem

Reversed Eurovision - FIRST EVENT (deadline: 12 October 20:00)

Hi guys! Shall we start the game? :) [MENTION=16089]anaraqueen[/MENTION] [MENTION=11532]EscGeek[/MENTION] [MENTION=16493]HayashiM[/MENTION] [MENTION=16329]njdevils94[/MENTION] It seems like we'll be five voters as of now.

Welcome to Reversed Eurovision, the game where you can (once again) support your favourite non-qualifiers, but also trample on acts you dislike in some instances. But keep in mind that, like in the contest as we know it, there may be surprises and drama, hence why I tried to include a mini-guessing game that might bring a bit of spice ("mess" would be the correct word) to the results.

Like I said, we are going to start with the reversed grand final of 2009 that will include all non-qualifiers of that year, and you will have to rank them all from first (fave) to last (least fave).

But first, let's have our very first EVENT xcheer

:se: SWEDISH LUCK :se:

tumblr_inline_pcjhdxLinN1uj0mew_540.gif

Random.org decided that "Swedish Luck" would be the perfect event for this round. :D What does that mean?

Well, a running order for the reversed grand final was decided, so each act was given a starting position. You have to guess which act - out of the seventeen ones that will compete - will perform in first position!

You have to publicly post two guesses in one single message, please don't edit it afterwards because I'll write them down in my game table.

If you find the correct answer, the top 5 in your future ranking will be awarded bonus points (+5 for 1st, +4 for 2nd, +3 for 3rd, +2 for 4th, +1 for 5th) in addition to the points they'll receive according to the grid shown in my first post.

Several members can guess right and benefit from this bonus. Nothing happens if your guesses are wrong.

Here are the competing countries: :ad: :by: :be: :bg: :cy: :cz: :hu: :ie: :lv: :me: :nl: :mk: :pl: :rs: :sk: :sl: :ch:

You have until Saturday 12 October, at 20:00 to post your guesses. Then I'll reveal the running order, the correct answer and the member(s) who got it right. Only then will the ranking part (via PM) start. xcheer

If something's unclear, feel free to ask. :) Good luck!!!

tuorem

To show you how to do it, here are my own guesses:

:sk: or :by: ?

tuorem

Re: Reversed Eurovision - FIRST EVENT (deadline: 12 October 20:00)

Here is a little reminder for [MENTION=16493]HayashiM[/MENTION] because there is only one day left to post guesses. :)

Mr. Monkey - the executive supervisor - is tryna call you back.

giphy.gif

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

:cz: or :cy:

I'll send my votes shortly. :D

Kaz

I'm going with either :nl: or :mk:!

tuorem

OMGG! Oh My Gabriela Gunčíková! Three more unnanounced voters overnight xheat I'm flattered, guys! Welcome! :)

Sorry [MENTION=12078]AshleyWright[/MENTION] [MENTION=13042]Kaz[/MENTION] for not mentioning you when I created the thread, I thought you wouldn't be interested in/available for this game. :oops:

Ashley, you're a bit ahead of the schedule :) : I thought of giving two days for guesses only, and then a few more days for rankings to be made and sent. But it's fine, I'll keep and write down your ranking asap. ;) Thank you!

If anyone else wants to participate, remember you have seven hours left to post your guesses. Tonight, I will reveal the running order, the act you had to guess and the potential member(s) who found the correct answer. Then you will all have time to rank the acts of this reversed grand final. xcheer

HayashiM

Veteran

:bg: or :ch:

Edit & disclaimer: I only saw [MENTION=16089]anaraqueen[/MENTION] 's guess once I have submitted mine. It's a funny coincidence though :D

Top Bottom