Contact us

Possible Venues

escfreak

The chairman for AIK says that Friends Arena don´t want to host ESC so you can stop dreaming about that it will be there

The same article also mentions that the cost for ESC in Malmö 2013 was 28 million Swedish crones

06c922c.jpg

:lol:

SuperGirl

I still think their prio list is this:

1. Tele2 Arena
2. Scandinavium
3. SAAB Arena
4. Globen

If they don´t manage to get a solution for having Tele2 Arena, I think they will go for Scandinavium and Gothenburg

Why do you think it will be Saab Arena ahead of Globen??? I just can think they will put ESC in another city than Gothenburg and Stockholm.

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
Awh I didn't know that :( I know two venues had been but I thought Friends was still in the running. Oh well maybe 2017 we can have a big stadium :p

You understand Tele2 is huge as well, right?

FilipFromSweden

Göransson Arena sounds embarassing, so it seems like something SVT would like. Is the Ericsson Globe ruled out? My dad said he doesn't think it will be the Ericsson Globe because they would've had to move a lot of games/matches, but maybe he was talking about Tele2 Arena?

Mimoliin

Praying to a God I don't believe in for it to end up in Tele2!

I don't mind going to the city of Gothenburg, but Tele2 is better than Scandinavia on so many levels it would take me a year to list them.

Pawhlen

Örnsköldsvik is bidding, this is quite pathetic, it´s not even realistic :lol: :lol: :lol:

I mean, hello, this is going to be in 2016, not in 1996

Pawhlen

Göransson Arena sounds embarassing, so it seems like something SVT would like. Is the Ericsson Globe ruled out? My dad said he doesn't think it will be the Ericsson Globe because they would've had to move a lot of games/matches, but maybe he was talking about Tele2 Arena?

Globen is empty for the most, especially since "DIF Hockey" moved back to Hovet again

It´s nice to see that Sandviken and Örnsköldsvik are interesting but come on, it has to be realistic with infrastructure, venue and so on.

If it would have been 1995 or 1996 (when 23-25 countries were participating), it could have worked but not with the current format of ESC.

It´s only Stockholm, Gothenburg, Malmö and maybe Linköping that are capable of staging the contest in it´s current shape

FilipFromSweden

Globen is empty for the most, especially since "DIF Hockey" moved back to Hovet again

It´s nice to see that Sandviken and Örnsköldsvik are interesting but come on, it has to be realistic with infrastructure, venue and so on.

If it would have been 1995 or 1996 (when 23-25 countries were participating), it could have worked but not with the current format of ESC.

It´s only Stockholm, Gothenburg, Malmö and maybe Linköping that are capable of staging the contest in it´s current shape

I can see SVT picking Örnsköldsvik, Sandviken and Linköping. They would love how small it would be, and the challenge to make a Eurovision in such a tiny arena. I see it as SVT being hipster, they picked Malmö in 2013 because it was the least expected decision.

Mimoliin

That's one big maybe from me. Their arena is looking like every other medium sized arena around Sweden, and their hotel capacity is far from amazing. Infrastructure isn't the best either, so I can't see how Linköping can even be an alternative.

aardvark

FSC Mod
Staff member
According to this on the OGAE ROW Facebook page, it seems as Friends Arena is also out of the question:

Stockholm has submitted the official bid as candidate city to host Eurovision Song Contest 2016. The most interesting fact is that the bid doesn't include the exact name of proposed venue, which is characterized only as "Globen Area".

"In Globen Area we have several different suitable halls (Globen itself, Tele2 Arena, as well as two more halls - Annexet and Hovet) and we will be discussing the particular variants with SVT later. Currently we would just like to officially declare that Stockholm is interested to organize 2016 Eurovision, said municipality representative Karin Wanngård.

Municipality of Solna has backed Stockholm bid, so Friends Arena is officially out of the competition. Malmö municipality also decided not to submit the bid, since their arena is occupied with the events till Autumn.

Meanwhile, the list of candidates was joined by Örnsköldsvik. Eurovision can be well organized in Fjällräven Center, press-center built on it's parking and additional accommodation places made on ferries, say in municipality.

Earlier about their interest to organize the contest have declared Gothenburg (Scandinavium), Linköping (Saab Arena) and Sandviken (Göransson Arena).

Pawhlen

That's one big maybe from me. Their arena is looking like every other medium sized arena around Sweden, and their hotel capacity is far from amazing. Infrastructure isn't the best either, so I can't see how Linköping can even be an alternative.

I have no really information about how well it is but I rather think that Gothenburg, Stockholm and Malmö have the best infrastructures in this country.

It will be Tele2 or Scandinavium

FilipFromSweden

press-center built on it's parking

oh God no :lol: that they even gave a bid is an insult

Top Bottom