Who'd wanna be a king
Pulling too many strings
All that I've done
Oh Lord, I'm done

Gonna take my body down
Right down, down, down to the river​

Last edited by a moderator:

lilka

This "River" is utterly boring when compared to - alsoKrystian's- "Światłocienie". The Polish one sounded interesting, the English is just another ballad. AGAIN. Almost EVERY YEAR. Alternated with sh.... and embarassing pop-dance-disco polo mess.
No chances for us this year, AGAIN.
I'm predicting either Daria or Krystian, but both of them are just... xbored

LivingOrganism

This "River" is utterly boring when compared to - alsoKrystian's- "Światłocienie". The Polish one sounded interesting, the English is just another ballad. AGAIN. Almost EVERY YEAR. Alternated with sh.... and embarassing pop-dance-disco polo mess.
Nah, I have to disagree with you. It's been a veeery long time, since we had such a good NF. Even though I criticised Ochman's River in my last post, I still think it would be our best entry since 2016, if it's chosen. Both Paranoia and Dokąd are amazing. Even Move has a lot of potential. I also don't understand the "pop-dance-disco polo mess" part. Firstly, the only song in the selection that resembles disco polo is Drogowskazy by Siostry Szlachta. Secondly, almost every song in the contest is a unique and good representation of a certain style.

Iker

Veteran
Wow, Ochman is such a gorgeous man. But the song is OK? Not really impressed.

When @A-lister said the song is "a bit like a male operatic take on Lana del Rey", I am intrigued because I freaking adore Lana. After listening to it, I can hear some bits in some parts, but don't know why it mostly reminded me of Imagine Dragons instead.
Meanwhile I dislike Lana del Rey (she's ok maybe but way too repetitive and overall drowsy, she had a couple of good songs but it was years ago already, time flies), lol - so such description rather won't make me interested even though I like operatic music here or there.

Iker

Veteran
In before it is Karolina Lizer with 'Czysta Woda'! :cool::D

lilka

Yeah, more like czysta wóda, as I said... :D

nofuxCZ

The chorus may sound "messy" to some listeners but I think it´s well-produced. It sounds a bit like Malta 2016 "Walk on Water". The Maltese entry had a "chaotic and messy" chorus as well but that´s how that genre "breakbeat" or "drum and bass" should sound like.

Well, there might be a few elements in the percussion which are similar to what is used in dnb and breakbeat.... but it's not really about that (DNB is the #1 genre I listen to so I should be stoked about it but I am not) - it's about how it fits within the rest of the song, how it flows and in this case I am afraid it doesn't do a good job. It kills the vibe and that's what bothers me the most (but it's starting to bother me less and less).

Iker

Veteran
Nah, I have to disagree with you. It's been a veeery long time, since we had such a good NF. Even though I criticised Ochman's River in my last post, I still think it would be our best entry since 2016, if it's chosen. Both Paranoia and Dokąd are amazing. Even Move has a lot of potential. I also don't understand the "pop-dance-disco polo mess" part. Firstly, the only song in the selection that resembles disco polo is Drogowskazy by Siostry Szlachta. Secondly, almost every song in the contest is a unique and good representation of a certain style.

I have given a listen to 'River' a couple of minutes ago and I have to say that I like it slightly more than 'Światłocienie'. It's not something that would blow me away (but it's not like I always need it ...), I find it cool. I think we stand a good chance at finishing in the top 10 of the GF if Ochman wins our NF.

Last edited:

Mainshow

Veteran
Well, there might be a few elements in the percussion which are similar to what is used in dnb and breakbeat.... but it's not really about that (DNB is the #1 genre I listen to so I should be stoked about it but I am not) - it's about how it fits within the rest of the song, how it flows and in this case I am afraid it doesn't do a good job. It kills the vibe and that's what bothers me the most (but it's starting to bother me less and less).
Yeah, it´s a very toned down version of what DNB can sound like but I think they wanted to slightly acchieve such sounds. To me, it perfectly makes sense - especially since he also worked with British producers on this track.

It somehow slightly bothered me on my first spin as well but now I think it´s not a problem at all (I had the same experience with Malta 2016).

debemaks

I think it miss a "wow" somewhere and it miss a part in polish too that would it make it more epic. I'd say from the first 2 listening that I like it even though I'm not crazy for it now, but with this song there are good chances for the final.

rasmuslights

Veteran
it won't be in my top 10 I think but it's still a very respectable entry for Poland that will probs brings them back to the final! not so sure about a top ten result tho... top 15 probably tho - depends on staging... if sacha does it top 10 yes if TVP does it then not.

Mainshow

Veteran
Now I even noticed a few comments online stating that Krystian Ochman can´t pronunce English very well. Seriously, I think that they just come up with invented reason to bash Poland for no reason (maybe because they think that "Eastern Europeans" don´t speak English well).

But he was born in the US and lived there as a kid - he probably speaks way better English than all the fans complaining about it + several Eurovision participants.

revallsay

Now I even noticed a few comments online stating that Krystian Ochman can´t pronunce English very well. Seriously, I think that they just come up with invented reason to bash Poland for no reason (maybe because they think that "Eastern Europeans" don´t speak English well).

But he was born in the US and lived there as a kid - he probably speaks way better English than all the fans complaining about it + several Eurovision participants.
These coments are just stupid.

Bmbriga

I said I'm disappointed with this song and I still am. I still think Gdzie iść? is a better song, so this was a bit of bummer for me.

That said, I think it's a good song, the best song in Polish NF and also one of best NF songs overall. I think I would like it more in Polish (but Polish is in my top 5 of Eurovision languages).

• Scream
Reactions: Mrm
Top Bottom