11 5.5%

10 5.0%

7 3.5%

28 14.1%

• Total voters

DaFlo

Banned
also killed by Jurys, sad :(
I hope Poland sends another awesome person next year!

GermanBango

17_polen_kuss.5363826.gif

xlove

evija87

I want to say I am deeply proud with Monika. I think in Final performance she did better than in semi.
I am happy we had such classy, lovely, inspiring person as our representative xheart

Considering what has happend to Ann-Sophie and Makemakes, this 23-rd place isn't as tragic as result indicates. I am happy we got out of semi for the second year in a row for the first time in history. I didn't read what press and internet said, but Monika to me won a lot: she spread her message, gained a lot of new fans (around 13K new likes on her Facebook), represented our country in good way, showing we are open to all people.

Touching welcome for Monika from Polish fans xhugxlove

GermanBango

I want to say I am deeply proud with Monika. I think in Final performance she did better than in semi.
I am happy we had such classy, lovely, inspiring person as our representative xheart

Considering what has happend to Ann-Sophie and Makemakes, this 23-rd place isn't as tragic as result indicates. I am happy we got out of semi for the second year in a row for the first time in history. I didn't read what press and internet said, but Monika to me won a lot: she spread her message, gained a lot of new fans (around 13K new likes on her Facebook), represented our country in good way, showing we are open to all people.

Touching welcome for Monika from Polish fans xhugxlove

Awwww she's so amazing! I hope someone told her that she was acually #15 with the Televoters

Genesis

I'm really glad that they gave her such a warm welcome, without even mentioning the results by saying slogans like: "nothing has happened" "its ok", or "do not worry". Just one big thank you for touching performance. You are my winner Monika! xlove

Misi

Question towards our Polish friends in here! How did the press react? I hope Monika get's the support and love she deserves back home!
The press covered the results in a mild tone, stressing that we were again graded down by the juries. No negative feedback though.

Milos-BC

The song is good and the performance was also quite solid, but I think it couldn't achieve more than this. I think :pl: has no reason to be disappointed, they were represented in a very positive way. Much better than last year, if you ask me.

GRE

She gave me positive vibes.
I liked the fact she quailifed to the Final.

Sammy

Veteran
She might be an excellent performer and a very nice person, but the song for me was too calculated and didn't touch me really. But I congratulate her for reaching the final, though it wouldn't have been my petsonal choice.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
She might be an excellent performer and a very nice person, but the song for me was too calculated and didn't touch me really. But I congratulate her for reaching the final, though it wouldn't have been my petsonal choice.

It's amazing how different the reactions are by people to this, in the semi final 2 press conference one of the journalists asking her a question was almost in tears at the impact the song had on him.

Krishoes

It's amazing how different the reactions are by people to this, in the semi final 2 press conference one of the journalists asking her a question was almost in tears at the impact the song had on him.

Same here!

GermanBango

I have to admit that I had tears in my eyes as well. (and still have when I listen to this song)
Hard to describe but for me the song is a very honest one - I believe her every single word she sings. It really encourages/inspires me to see what she's been trough and how she still keeps on living her dream.

aletem

She was truly amazing and she gave a great performance. And importantly, she translated that to the viewers (regardless of what her vocals were like). For me it was a guaranteed qualifier (more so than Azerbaijan or Norway) the moment I saw she will perform last. And indeed she cruised through the televote and for my surprise the jury put her down..but then again the jury was tasteless this year. The only good thing about the jury was them putting Ireland in the top10 in the second semi and that's it.

Sammy

Veteran

I didn't see the press conference and maybe that was the reason for my different reaction. I do think she is a sincere and authentic peson and I have the highest esteem for her and the way she copes with her situation.
Nevertheless, the songitself did not impress me at all...

Genesis

Monika performed a polish version of "In The Name Of Love" on Opole Festival this weekend.
I thought its worth posting here :)

lilka

She will also perform in a duet with Edyta Górniak on 30th August during the concert "Europa to my". :) It is still unknown whether it will be their own duet (new song), or just a cover.
635691273085678073.jpg

tuorem

Time for me to review the Polish entry this year :D (better late than never, no?)

Song: As I've said in the new Polish thread, Poland has had a tendency to send middle-of-the-road ballads lately, and after the good surprise of their comeback with "My Słowianie", I was expecting a lasting change of perspective entry-Wise, but it seems like they went once again for something meh. The song is very standard and kind of anonymous melody and arrangement-Wise, it's lovely to listen to but totally harmless imo The verses may be the parts I like the most, while the chorus sounds flat and drags on since there is no bridge sadly (it's too repetitive towards the end). Don't get me wrong, as much as I find the music unsignificant, I dig the lyrics. Of course, Monika had a message to share: her own story. It's rather touching for this reason, but since it's a song contest, I just can't disregard the overall blandness of this piece of music. That saddens me because I'm convinced Poland can do better in terms of ballads.

Voice: I guess Monika's voice is touching because she puts lots of emotions into it, it's difficult to sing when seated, so she did a good job during her performances, even if the final one was better to me. She looked less stressed as well.

Staging: I loved the staging! Monika's dress was very classy and the pink background was dreamy. To me it looked like pieces of pink cloth fluttering in the Wind in front of hazy Japanese cherry trees xheart I acknowledged I was very impressed by the overall presentation, it stood out imo.

Outcome: Expected qualification and expected final placing in the bottom, people loved it whereas juries disliked it very much. To be honest, Based on the song, I don't believe Poland was Worth the final, sorry. In my personal ranking, it's ranked very very low as I don't find anything memorable in "In The Name Of Love". I have higher expectations regarding Poland, we're not in the early 2000's anymore, it's time to step up your efforts if you want to reach the final top 10. See you next year, you have the means to be successful, so be a little more daring in your choices. :)

Ezio

Veteran
12 points, I love the song so much

Realest

The best Polish Entry since their comeback. Unfortunately we had the old-system back then. Deserved much more.

Top Bottom