Contact us

Photos of Countries

Miguel

Photos of Countries

Post photos of countries from around the world: landscapes, cities, monuments/buildings, events, etc. :)

Miguel

:pt: Portugal :pt:

I'm starting with my country this time. :)

po_locator.gif

640px-Evora-RomanTemple_edit.jpg

The Roman Temple of Évora, Alentejo.

640px-Mosteiro_da_Batalha_78a.jpg

Batalha Monastery, built by John I of Portugal, the founder of the House of Aviz.

640px-Pico.jpg

Pico, besides being the highest mountain in Portugal, is a wine region whose landscape is protected as world heritage.

640px-Lagoa_das_Sete_Cidades%2C_Miradouro_da_vista_do_Rei%2C_Sete_Cidades%2C_Ponta_Delgada%2C_ilha_de_S%C3%A3o_Miguel%2C_A%C3%A7ores.JPG

The lakes of Sete Cidades on the island of São Miguel in the Azores.

serradaestrelaiiportuga.jpg

Serra da Estrela, the highest mountain range in continental Portugal and popular tourist winter destination

alentejooakonwheatfield.jpg

The Alentejo, in the south, is Portugal's flat rolling plains region.

640px-Dona_Ana_beach%2C_Lagos.jpg

The Algarve's coasts are high plateaus over low sandy beaches.

640px-Parlamento_April_2009-1a.jpg

São Bento Palace is the seat of Portuguese Government.

640px-Obidos_10.JPG

Most of Portugal's farms have a small area devoted to a diversified intensive farming, like these in the Oeste subregion.

640px-Vilamoura.jpg

The Algarve is an internationally reputed resort region.

640px-Pavilh%C3%A3o_de_Portugal_4.JPG

Parque das Nações, a financial centre for Lisbon, and Portugal as a whole.

640px-Sintra_2006.JPG

The Cultural Landscape of Sintra is one of Portugal's most visited locations.

algarve1.jpg

The Algarve is Portugal's second most visited region, after Lisbon.

449px-Ponte_de_D._Lu%C3%ADs.jpg

Porto Metro over the Dom Luís Bridge, Porto.

640px-Aeroporto_de_Lisboa_%281%29.jpg

Lisbon Portela Airport is the country's largest and most important airport.

640px-Ponte_Vasco_da_Gama.jpg

Vasco da Gama Bridge, Europe's longest bridge (including viaducts).

640px-Lisboa_-_Marqu%C3%AAs_de_Pombal.jpg

Aerial view of Lisbon.

4293439.jpg

Night view of the Parque das Nações, Lisbon.

lisbona.jpg

Night view of the Duarte Pacheco Viaduct, Lisbon.

marqusdepombal2fotoamri.jpg

Night view of the Marquess of Pombal Square, Lisbon.

funchalatsunset1.jpg

Panoramic view of Funchal Bay during sunset, taken from Ponta do Garajau (Madeira island).

640px-Metro%2C_Ponte_e_Porto.jpg

Porto.

640px-Porto_Ribeira.jpg

Porto and its region is an upcoming star in Portuguese tourism.

Lisbon_set_of_images.jpg

Lisbon. From top to right: Panoramic view of Lisbon from the Ponte 25 de Abril; the Castelo de São Jorge; the Baixa Pombalina de Lisboa; a Lisbon trolley; Praça do Comércio at Christmas; Palácio de São Bento; Torre de Belém; Parque das Nações; the triumphal arch in the Praça do Comércio; Estádio da Luz; Sé de Lisboa; Gare do Oriente; the 25 de Abril bridge over the Rio Tejo; Eduardo VII Park and the Marquês de Pombal square; view of Lisbon from the Castelo de São Jorge; Aeroporto da Portela.

Porto_montage.PNG

Porto. From top to right: Torre dos Clérigos; Palácio da Bolsa; Liberdade Square; St. Francis Church; Episcopal Palace of Porto; Porto City Hall; Ribeira houses

640px-Lissabon_Strassenbahn.jpg

A tram in Alfama's Portas do Sol (Lisbon).

640px-Lisbon_10064_Lisboa_Pra%C3%A7a_Lu%C3%ADs_de_Cam%C3%B5es_2006_Luca_Galuzzi.jpg

Luís de Camões Square, the center of activity in the Chiado district.

640px-Santu%C3%A1rio_de_F%C3%A1tima_%283%29_-_Jul_2008.jpg

The Sanctuary of Our Lady of Fátima, one of the world's largest Marian shrines.

640px-Coimbra_December_2011-19a.jpg

Coimbra University, founded 1290, is one of the oldest universities in the world.

640px-Hospital_de_Santa_Maria.jpg

Hospital of Santa Maria, Lisbon, the largest hospital in the country.

503px-Torre_Bel%C3%A9m_April_2009-4a.jpg

Belém Tower is a typical example of Portugal's unique Manueline architecture.

640px-Jer%C3%B3nimos_April_2009-4.jpg

The Jerónimos Monastery, a Belém landmark and one of the most visited buildings in all of Portugal.

640px-Euro2004OpeningCeremony.jpg

Opening ceremony of the UEFA Euro 2004 at Estádio do Dragão, Porto.

seb89

I love the MAS in Antwerp. Especially the parties, they organize :lol:

201105130848-1_mas-opent-zijn-deuren.jpg

rotated-0-581-353-15784-inhoud-mas-museum-stroom-antwerpen-sarah-blee.jpg

seb89

@ Miguel:

Portugal is really a beauty. I've been there twice, but I still want to go there again and again!

Jim

Portugal seems amazing! And I want to tell you that I love your wines/liqueurs! I want to visit Portugal in the future! :p

Miguel

seb89, I had to google it. MAS stands for Museum Aan de Stroom. :lol: It looks good.

Oh, thanks. We are waiting for your next visit. xhug Some minutes ago, they said on TV 85% of our tourists want to come back. :cool:

Miguel

Portugal seems amazing! And I want to tell you that I love your wines/liqueurs! I want to visit Portugal in the future! :p

I'm not a big fan of wines, so I really can't say if Port wine is overrated or not. :lol: It seems everybody loves it. xcheers

seb89

seb89, I had to google it. MAS stands for Museum Aan de Stroom. :lol: It looks good.

Oh, thanks. We are waiting for your next visit. xhug Some minutes ago, they said on TV 85% of our tourists want to come back. :cool:

Yeah, they don't have translation for it, but it would be something like "Museum next to the stream (river)" or something like that :lol:.

I loved it. I went once with my parents and once with school. Both trips were amazing and I felt in love with Porto & Coimbra :). I haven't visited Lisbon yet, only Belém and that Aquarium in Lisbon? I don't remember its name.

Jim

Ooohhh yes! I like that picture! (Don't think bad things about me, I'm not alcoholic!) :D

Miguel

Yeah, they don't have translation for it, but it would be something like "Museum next to the stream (river)" or something like that :lol:.

I loved it. I went once with my parents and once with school. Both trips were amazing and I felt in love with Porto & Coimbra :). I haven't visited Lisbon yet, only Belém and that Aquarium in Lisbon? I don't remember its name.

Lisbon Oceanarium. ;)

I really want to visit all the Benelux countries. Your lifestyle and development fascinate me. :D

Jim

From BENELUX, I like only Belgium! One of my favorite countries in the world, although I've not been there before but from what is said from people and what I see! :)

seb89

Lisbon Oceanarium. ;)

I really want to visit all the Benelux countries. Your lifestyle and development fascinate me. :D

Yeah, that one :lol:!! And also that shopping mall nearby. I had to go with the security guards to check my bags, because I was taking pictures in the mall :lol:.

Always welcome, I will go you a tour in Belgium :D. I didn't know we had a special lifestyle & development tbh :D.

seb89

From BENELUX, I like only Belgium! One of my favorite countries in the world, although I've not been there before but from what is said from people and what I see! :)

You should come and visit us :D!! A free tour, by the one and only me is included :lol:!

Miguel

Why? Luxembourg and The Netherlands are also amazing. xbeee They are just as good as Belgium. xlove

Where are Greece's photos? :rolleyes:

Yeah, that one :lol:!! And also that shopping mall nearby. I had to go with the security guards to check my bags, because I was taking pictures in the mall :lol:.

Always welcome, I will go you a tour in Belgium :D. I didn't know we had a special lifestyle & development tbh :D.

Vasco da Gama shopping mall. ;) Yeah, the Benelux countries are, in my point of view, Europe's most advanced urban centers (not counting Norway). So yeah, special lifestyle. :p

Where are Belgium's photos? :rolleyes:

MyHeartIsYours

Here is the Town Hall of my home township Chadderton :D And how it was 100 years ago :p
495144963_35a5cc7b6b.jpg
chadtownhallpcrop.jpg

The hospital I was born in, 19 years and 50 weeks ago!
C_71_article_1472787_image_list_image_list_item_1_image.jpg

The "capital" of our county is Manchester. Her Majesty popped into a wedding at the Town Hall a few months back, to the surprise of the bride and groom :D
C_71_article_1489358_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

Then my University city is Bangor, in the North Welsh county of Gwynedd
1257762963_d3aedfb9a5.jpg
1004365_56b60250.jpg

A few "real" sights from the United Kingdom there ;) :uk:

Top Bottom