Contact us

NSC World Tour Spinoff in Tuzisantia 🌍 Live Listening: THIS EVENING (21h CEST) !!!

apasionata

Super Moderator
Staff member

NSC World Tour: send a song with the name of a city, country, region or famous landmark from around the world in the title (or as a central theme in the lyrics). Once a place is claimed, no other cities, regions or landmarks in the same country can be used.

ADDITIONAL AMENDMENT: If your entry focuses on a town/city/landmark, then other towns/cities/landmarks in the same country can be registered. However, to try and encourage variety, we're limiting the total number of entries from each country to maximum of 3.

Starting confirming NOW

Send your entries to @theditz83 ! ! !​

Last edited:

theditz83

Veteran
Quick amendment on the rule on destinations - if your entry focuses on a town/city/landmark, then other towns/cities/landmarks in the same country can be registered. However, to try and encourage variety, we're limiting the total number of entries from each country to maximum of 3. Entries about a country itself will obviously count as one of that country's total entry count.

22 Confirmed tour destinations:
:be: BELGIUM (1)

Brussels (::ous Oussou Empire)

:ba: BOSNIA & HERZEGOVINA (1)
Sarajevo (Endórë)

:cn: CHINA (1)
Tibet (Rehi Kaita)

:eg: EGYPT (1)
Lighthouse of Alexandria (::kam Kamandé)

:fr: FRANCE (1)
Paris (::tad Tamausia & Deltannor)

:in: INDIA (1)
Bombay (Mumbai) (::moi Moisantia)

IRAQ (1)
Babylon (::nbs New Bander State)

:jp: JAPAN (1)
Tokyo (::ems Emsfrynt)

:kz: KAZAKHSTAN (1)
Almaty (Leylâ)

:ng: NIGERIA (1)
Lagos (::yap Yaponesia)

:no: NORWAY (2)
Bergen (::hyp Hypjø)
Kristiansund (::kim Kimmystan)

:ru: RUSSIA (1)
Moscow (Utopolis)

:kr: SOUTH KOREA (1)
Gangnam, Seoul (::ari Arirang)

:se: SWEDEN (1)
Stockholm (::svo Svobodnia)

:tr: TURKEY (1)
Istanbul (Effiland)

:ua: UKRAINE (1)
Ukraine (::qdq QuiénDQ)

:us: USA (4)
California (Joseyeon)
Chicago, Illinois (Öösingimäed)
Daytona, Florida (::bal Balearica Island)
New York (::rum Rumia)

:vn: VIETNAM (1)
Hanoi (::tuz Tuzi)

Last edited:

ferret

Do the names of a city, country, or region have to be real, or can they be historical? :unsure:

theditz83

Veteran
Do the names of a city, country, or region have to be real, or can they be historical? :unsure:
Well since we will be taking a World Tour this edition, it would be good to be able to visit each destination even if it maybe isn't the bustling metropolis that it once was. Drop me a message with where you had in mind - I don't wanna be super-strict so as long as the place isn't made-up or fictional you should be grand ;)

theditz83

Veteran
All 3 stops for the United States :us: have now been confirmed, so no more cities, states or landmarks in that country will be permitted ;)

dogmeat

However, to try and encourage variety, we're limiting the total number of entries from each country to maximum of 3.
Could you rethink the details of this rule? I mean, San Marino is allowed the same number of entries as United States...

theditz83

Veteran
Could you rethink the details of this rule? I mean, San Marino is allowed the same number of entries as United States...
I don't want to get too technical by bringing in factors like land mass - I feel that this rule will encourage enough variety of destinations while not limiting anyone that may miss out on a larger country (e.g. Russia) because they were offline when the country was claimed. What would you suggest as an amendment to this rule?

theditz83

Veteran
16 stops confirmed on this World Tour now, and there's still around 58 hours left to confirm your ticket - #JoinUs #NSCOnTour xup

apasionata

Super Moderator
Staff member

theditz83

Veteran
20 entries confirmed so far - continental distribution:

Europe - 9 (one bordering Europe & Asia)
Asia & Middle East - 8 (one bordering Middle East & Africa)
North America - 3

Poor South America, Oceania and Africa xcry

dogmeat

@theditz83 You asked for an alternative to the rule. By continents? Regions? If it's necessary at all.

I'm obviously biased because this rule prevented me from taking part with the only song I wanted to enter. But it's literally the only thing it achieved, looking at that clusterfuck in Europe.

This is enough, no more allowed:
BBKuP1c.png

This is fine, plenty of room for more:
Sby5J6s.png

theditz83

Veteran
As I wanted to avoid this becoming a "70% USA tour", I decided a country limit was the best course of action here. Of course it means that for the countries with the largest land masses it would potentially result in a smaller density of covered destinations, but I did this to try and encourage more world coverage.

I don't want this to stop anyone from entering the contest however, so if there is genuinely no other landmarks, cities or countries that you'd want to register, I will allow another US stop since that would still be less than 20% of the overall entries as things stand.

Send me a PM if you want to take part, and that goes for anyone else that is still wanting to register - just 1.5 hours left to go ;)

Last edited:

dogmeat

Thank you. I understand your reasoning. I don't want it to look like I'm pressuring you to accept my entry regardless of the rules. I didn't initially plan to take part, but then I remembered that one song I really wanted to enter and was disheartened to find out I couldn't. Entry sent :)

theditz83

Veteran
Deadline has passed and we have 22 entrants for this World Tour - welcome to Tuzisantia!

THE DRAW
Screenshot-20210506-001001-com-android-chrome-edit-1510984823761629.jpg

I'll leave you in the able hands of my glamorous co-host @VasilijeM to update you on when the show will be posted and looking forward to touring the world with you all ✈️🌎

Top Bottom