Contact us

NSC 214 in Kadis | Confirmation Thread | DDL February 04th 23:59 CET

MARCOMEN

NSC-214.png

Welcome to Kadis for NSC 214! xcheer

Send your entries to me by PM.

DDL : Saturday, February 04th 23:59 CET

CONFIRMED (58/58)

::kad ::oos ::ugl ::cyd ::bif ::sic ::sun ::moi ::adb ::grf ::mor ::tan ::ems ::doi ::ser ::che ::bal ::sak ::szk ::ros ::svo ::kam ::ari ::beg ::bag ::eff ::rum ::ous ::bel ::com ::nac ::hal ::tch ::tad ::fer ::uto ::end ::tro ::red ::big ::slf ::mat ::vyl ::nbs ::taa ::aim ::pyr ::ora ::tyb ::cal ::rah ::ins ::yap ::nal ::rld ::lac ::tuz Joseyeon

RESERVE ENTRIES

Fierraria
Illumia
Konthena

BREAK
::dal

Last edited:

anselm

The following recipients have reached their maximum allowed inbox limit: MARCOMEN. :eek:

MARCOMEN

58 nations confirmed taking part.

Only ::dal (break) and ::per (forced to sit out) didn't travel to Kadis.

DRAW

PQ :

PQER.png

1.png

::mor ::rah ::ous will vote in SF1
::grf ::nbs ::bif ::kad will vote in SF2

POT 1

POT-1.png

POT 4

POT-4.png

POT 5

POT-5.png

POT 6

POT-6.png

POT 7

POT-7.png

POT 8

POT-8.png

SF1

SF1.png

SF2

SF2.png

The semis will be posted later today or tomorrow :)

Last edited:

esc87fan

Two observations:

1. Kamande is listed twice in SF2's draw
2. Tonallan is listed in both SF1 and SF2

Tinchey

Y'all keep looking for ways to make NSC more accesible to WLers yet the same nations are being allowed to send late entries when they should have been kicked out from the rosters years ago. Really unfair to all WLers who are waiting to join the main roster.
I found it really disappointing that Tuzi was late to confirm which would, had the deadline been respected, result in their removal from the roster and the debut of Fierraria (who actually sent a resrve entry). Probably these instances with other nations being on the brink of removal have occured in the (not so recent) past.
What I find ridiculous is the constant discussion on how to improve the flow of new members by enacting new rules which have to be respected yet the deadlines are extended at host's choosing and that is with constant reminders that are being sent nowadays. I feel like being strict with deadlines would be a better solution for the WL problem much more than idk a separate contest.
This is not meant as a personal attack towards anyone, rather an observation.

dogmeat

I believe the inactivity removal rule was made to do just that - remove inactive users. And is not meant to work as a snaretrap to prey on forgetful people.

congrats22

Last edited:

Tinchey

I believe the inactivity removal rule was made to do just that - remove inactive users. And is not meant to work as a snaretrap to prey on forgetful people.
What I am trying to point out is the deadline extension. I will open the discussion thread for it with the problematic part and suggestions.
For the record, Tuzi was on time, but due to problems with forum access asked me to confirm on their behalf. I was unable to do so before midnight, but that is no fault of their own.
Sounds fair. However that does not sound on time hence the italics you would have to agree.

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member
Personally, I don't think enforcing very strict deadlines will really accomplish much. Yes, it may have eliminated Tuzi this time, but if we had a clear rule banning extensions then I doubt we'd have nearly as many people missing deadlines.

Sure, it will still kick people out every so often, but it essentially becomes a "gotcha" for people who forget, like @dogmeat says, or for people who face unexpected obstacles, like Tuzi this edition. Neither seems like a good way of determining whether someone deserves a spot in the contest. It seems more like a way of weeding out certain personality types that have a tendency to leave things to the last minute.

Also, this is a personal preference, but I rather like NSC's relaxed approach to things like this. I have enough stress in my life already without having to worry about being kicked out of NSC arbitrarily...

But of course, you are welcome to open a discussion topic and we can vote on such a rule!

Top Bottom