::cal ::ins
Onlar, Waiting Iist of Shelley & Nici, Papendink, Elvaci

backup entry:
Grand Duchy of Strenci

Last edited:
Mathematics theme NSC?
I am in heaven

Zeus

Congrats to the one sending that song with all them lady's with no mercy. I was too late. :(

At least this country can already expect high points from ::kon!

theditz83

Veteran
::moi has confirmed our 100th anniversary entry - the song itself shall be unveiled in a special post in our thread tomorrow! You can join us in sharing your favourite Moisantia there now... xup

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
As much as maths were the bane of my existence in high school, it's a really cool theme. xheat Good luck with the hosting!

Veliky

In ancient times, in my 4th year of high school (second-to-last), math programs were divided into weak math, medium, and advanced math. Your grades on your 3rd year would get you in one of these three classes.
Since I had good grades in that subject, they put my in advanced maths.

I got 3% on the first exam. I asked to be moved to medium maths. I failed that class too. Before the year was over, they shipped me to weak maths, and I barely got the passing grade.
So the year after, on my last year of high school, I did the bare minimum to complete the weak math program, went into communication studies where not a single math class could be seen, got a degree, got out of school, and promised myself to never touch any math whatsoever for the rest of my days.

I can do mental calculation of simple equations. The rest gives me seizures.
And yes. I still count on my fingers.

So this theme makes me shiver.

Entry sent. *cringe*

Last edited:

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
My journey with maths was the opposite. When I finished high school, my maths grade was low. Not fail level, but below average. But my intention was to work in accounting, which pointed me towards a Bachelor of Business Administration in college. Maths is obviously important there. But the lecturer was amazing, and somehow she made me quite literally put two and two together, and something just clicked. In just one year, I went from low grades to being among the top 5% in the entire class (which covered nearly all students on the first year). :eek:

I never got that Bachelor tho. My downfall started with "Tax law" :eek:, the first class I failed in college, and things went downhill from there. After a couple of years where I spent more time listening to music, chatting online at night and gaming than actually studying, I finally gave up, moved to Trondheim, and ended up in logistics instead, as one of the biggest companies in Norway gave me a chance despite my lack of education. I've worked for them since 2007. ;) Things turned out ok after all. :)

Haven't decided on my entry yet tho, but ::bal will be in. :)

esc87fan

I stopped taking math after grade 12 when I barely squeaked out a pass. Grade 11 was my best year, I got 85% in the subject despite missing the final exams in June do a broken collarbone that I got falling off my bike on my way to my English exam (my math teacher was nice enough to call me to give me my final grade)

Top Bottom