8 4.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

mauve

Veteran
Well. This seems fishy. Seems like someone doesn't want Gåte to win? Is it because of that Robotersong or because of Keiino? Guess, we will know soon enough.

rasmuslights

Veteran
MiiA or Gåte should win this but I have the suspect they will not...

tbh we're forgetting the jury vote, which is 40 % but that's enough to prevent a keiino/my ai win.

I suspect the jury vote will look like this:

1. Miia
2. The country duo
3. Gate
4. Margaret Berger
5. Eya
6. Keiino
7. Annprinces
8. My Ai
9. Gothminister

and the televote:
1. Keiino
2. Gate
3. Miia
4. the country duo
5. Gothminister
6. My Ai
7. Margaret Berger
8. Eya
9. Annprinces

Overall:
1. Gate
2. Keiino/Miia
3. Miia/Keiino
4. Country Duo
5. Margeret Berger
6. Gothminister
7. My Ai
8. Eya
9. Annprinces

Pretty sure about the last two places. I'm sure Gothminister and My Ai won't win because of the jury even if they win the tele (which they won't). And pretty sure Gate will win. Keiino also has a chance but I really doubt they'll do better than 5th place in the jury and I also don't think the televote will favour them massively. I can't imagine young people digging this at all, as well as the older generation. Miia and The country duo can give us a surprising win, tbh.

rasmuslights

Veteran
tbh we're forgetting the jury vote, which is 40 % but that's enough to prevent a keiino/my ai win.

I suspect the jury vote will look like this:

1. Miia
2. The country duo
3. Gate
4. Margaret Berger
5. Eya
6. Keiino
7. Annprinces
8. My Ai
9. Gothminister

and the televote:
1. Keiino
2. Gate
3. Miia
4. the country duo
5. Gothminister
6. My Ai
7. Margaret Berger
8. Eya
9. Annprinces

Overall:
1. Gate
2. Keiino/Miia
3. Miia/Keiino
4. Country Duo
5. Margeret Berger
6. Gothminister
7. My Ai
8. Eya
9. Annprinces

Pretty sure about the last two places. I'm sure Gothminister and My Ai won't win because of the jury even if they win the tele (which they won't). And pretty sure Gate will win. Keiino also has a chance but I really doubt they'll do better than 5th place in the jury and I also don't think the televote will favour them massively. I can't imagine young people digging this at all, as well as the older generation. Miia and The country duo can give us a surprising win, tbh.

And also the reason why I'm putting Margaret over Gothminister and My Ai is because I think the top 4 of the jury votes will be far ahead of anyone behind them.

theditz83

Veteran
So the dust has settled on the semis for most, but I'm still a mess...

I don't know that I'll be able to be around this thread much in the coming week as I'm way too invested in KEiiNO (not just their participation here, but as the crazy mega-fan that I am that can't stop crying watching every performance video!) So for now, I leave you all with my personal wish for the final vs. how I think it will pan out...

MGP has once again slayed - congrats :no: xclap

My wish:
1st: KEiiNO - Damdiggida
2nd: Gothminister - We Come Alive
3rd: Ingrid Jasmin - Rya
4th: Super Rob and Erika Norwich - My AI
5th: AnnPrincess - Save Me
6th: Margaret Berger - Oblivion
7th: MIIA - Green Lights
8th: Gåte - Ulveham
9th: Anne and Dag Erik - Judge Tenderly of Me

My prediction:
1st: Gåte - Ulveham
2nd: KEiiNO - Damdiggida
3rd: Margaret Berger - Oblivion
4th: MIIA - Green Lights
5th: Gothminister - We Come Alive
6th: Super Rob and Erika Norwich - My AI
7th: Anne and Dag Erik - Judge Tenderly of Me
8th: AnnPrincess - Save Me
9th: Ingrid Jasmin - Eya

Enjoy the final peeps - and if someone could just check on me next Saturday night if my prediction pans out, I'd appreciate it... :cry:

Paco Roca

Well. This seems fishy. Seems like someone doesn't want Gåte to win? Is it because of that Robotersong or because of Keiino? Guess, we will know soon enough.
The answer may be simpler than we think. Gåte's song is epic but lacks melody, it is pure musical and vocal virtuosity. It's not to everyone's taste. It is possible that the children's vote pushes "My AI" while "Damdiggida" appeals more to the masses because it is an energetic and more melodic sound. Let's not forget that many sympathize with KEiiNO after they were robbed at ESC years ago and dream of their revenge. I don't see any conspiracy.

Mainshow

Veteran
Can we just put away the thought of juries being "professional" enough to rank "more sophisticated" or "progressive" or "authentic" higher than pop tunes?

Yesterday, juries heavily voted for a dated bilingual pop song in Luxembourg and the International juries voted for a generic radio-friendly song by a soulless talent show boygroup in Ireland.

There's no way juries in Norway's NF wouldn't massively be voting for KeiiNo or even My AI.
We'll be getting ESC-related pop artists, members of foreign delegations, ESC bloggers and members of broadcasters as juries as well.

KEiiNO will be top 3 in the jury voting. No doubt.

Mainshow

Veteran
I don't see any conspiracy.

Gåte had made it clear that their song got inspired by and adapted from old folklore.
The song was known to Norway's broadcaster before.
They checked it and let them take part.

The EBU confirmed the song is alright and the lyrics don't breach any rules. If Gåte wins in Norway, they can participate with the original song.

Now - all of a sudden - the head of Delegation from Norway demands Gåte to change their song AFTER they already performed the song and successfully advanced to the final and DESPITE the EBU confirming that the song is alright the way it is.

Why on Earth insists the head of Delegation that Gåte have to change their song?

Unless it's trying to sabotage the competition.

It's obvious that this decision is very arbitrary and unnecessary.

I hope you can see it clearer now.
I might not be doing it to make KEiiNO win but it's clearly a huge disadvantage for Gåte and putting more pressure on them since they have to rewrite their song and the singer has to learn the new lyrics instead of focussing on the performance.

It's unfair and fishy.

rasmuslights

Veteran
Can we just put away the thought of juries being "professional" enough to rank "more sophisticated" or "progressive" or "authentic" higher than pop tunes?

Yesterday, juries heavily voted for a dated bilingual pop song in Luxembourg and the International juries voted for a generic radio-friendly song by a soulless talent show boygroup in Ireland.

There's no way juries in Norway's NF wouldn't massively be voting for KeiiNo or even My AI.
We'll be getting ESC-related pop artists, members of foreign delegations, ESC bloggers and members of broadcasters as juries as well.

KEiiNO will be top 3 in the jury voting. No doubt.

last year there were no esc-bloggers in the mgp jury. and out of 50 jury members only 7 members of delegations.

I mean, which song in Luxembourg wasn't generic and dated? All of them were haha, they simply voted for the best performance.
And in Ireland let's be honest, it's not like any of the songs were performed well, so it's obvious that the jury will vote more on their personal taste. + the international jury there had 4 members, in Norway it has 50 members. Big difference.

Maybe Keiino will do better than expected but I don't think they'll beat Margaret/Miia/the duo and Gate in the jury.

Mainshow

Veteran
last year there were no esc-bloggers in the mgp jury. and out of 50 jury members only 7 members of delegations.

I mean, which song in Luxembourg wasn't generic and dated? All of them were haha, they simply voted for the best performance.
And in Ireland let's be honest, it's not like any of the songs were performed well, so it's obvious that the jury will vote more on their personal taste. + the international jury there had 4 members, in Norway it has 50 members. Big difference.

Maybe Keiino will do better than expected but I don't think they'll beat Margaret/Miia/the duo and Gate in the jury.
Do you also know how many members work for broadcasters or ESC-related events? Or were former ESC artists?

I just want to prepare myself for KEiiNO or My AI winning. Their performances were entertaining, imo... but I clearly think that fans try to put international juries on som sort of pedestal but usually, they vote for more basic, generic and less progressive or authentic entries in NFs around Europe.
Norway next week won't be any different.

Paco Roca

Gåte had made it clear that their song got inspired by and adapted from old folklore.
The song was known to Norway's broadcaster before.
They checked it and let them take part.

The EBU confirmed the song is alright and the lyrics don't breach any rules. If Gåte wins in Norway, they can participate with the original song.

Now - all of a sudden - the head of Delegation from Norway demands Gåte to change their song AFTER they already performed the song and successfully advanced to the final and DESPITE the EBU confirming that the song is alright the way it is.

Why on Earth insists the head of Delegation that Gåte have to change their song?

Unless it's trying to sabotage the competition.

It's obvious that this decision is very arbitrary and unnecessary.

I hope you can see it clearer now.
I might not be doing it to make KEiiNO win but it's clearly a huge disadvantage for Gåte and putting more pressure on them since they have to rewrite their song and the singer has to learn the new lyrics instead of focussing on the performance.

It's unfair and fishy.
It could also be a technique to create hype around Gåte. A reverse form of conveying consensus on "Ulveham". Evidently, without hype, Norway will bring another Disco song or a joke song. If "Ulveham" has been admitted to the MGP and does not breach EBU regulations it cannot be impeded. That is, it can be hindered but in the end, if it wins, we will see it in Malmö.

• Fuego
Reactions: Neo

SAYAY

AnnPrincess song positively surprised me live yesterday! I loved the staging and storytelling and I am currently playing it on repeat xheart I dont think it will win, but maybe some juries could rank it high. After last year I honestly have no idea what criteria the juries used in MGP are voting after, so I dont even want to try to predict what their taste will be like this time around, but I feel like maybe Green Lights, Save Me and Judge me Tenderly could score some points there. Then again, Alessandra actually did fairly well last year with the juries, so maybe Oblivion and Eye could as well? I think Gothministers song might be a bit too repetetive for the juries sadly but...omg yeah no idk IM JUST GONNA PARTY HARD AND VOTE GÅTE xdance2xdance2xdance2

Neo

Bizarre with Gåte's lyrics needing to be changed after first being okayed. It's stretching the 'original' thing a bit far if century old folk reuse is too far, especially with all the genre rehashing that goes on in ESC.

Agree juries would always go for vocal performance and the most Billboard-sounding to stamp out anything European, but there seems to have been a certain 'awakening' last years, so let's see.

mauve

Veteran
The answer may be simpler than we think. Gåte's song is epic but lacks melody, it is pure musical and vocal virtuosity. It's not to everyone's taste. It is possible that the children's vote pushes "My AI" while "Damdiggida" appeals more to the masses because it is an energetic and more melodic sound. Let's not forget that many sympathize with KEiiNO after they were robbed at ESC years ago and dream of their revenge. I don't see any conspiracy.
Well let's talk about it later. I hope you are right.

MopManMoss

Veteran
Stig is so scared that an interesting, unique and actual Norwegian sounding song that has no gimmicks might win so he is bringing up 1000 year old plagrisim accusations even though they've had the lyrics for months and the ebu have said there is no issue

Pathetic

SAYAY

Stig is so scared that an interesting, unique and actual Norwegian sounding song that has no gimmicks might win so he is bringing up 1000 year old plagrisim accusations even though they've had the lyrics for months and the ebu have said there is no issue

Pathetic
I honestly think they have seen how high Gåte is on the odds, and in case there could be problems with the lyrics if Gåte wins, they are now getting them to change it now rather then having to deal with it later. I have understood that there was a similar thing with Shum and Go_A back in 2021. And the band themselves has said that the changes will be barley noticeable as everything will be pretty much the same. I dont think this will ruin their chances in any way so as a 100% Gåte stan I am not worried at all ;) If Norways wants Ulvham, Norway will vote for Ulvham. I dont know what the rest of my country will do, but I am definitely voting for Ulvham xheartxdance2

Mainshow

Veteran
I honestly think they have seen how high Gåte is on the odds, and in case there could be problems with the lyrics if Gåte wins, they are now getting them to change it now rather then having to deal with it later.

The EBU already confirmed that they had approved the lyrics.
There hadn't been a problem to begin with - that's why it looks so tacky and fishy that the head of delegation still insisted on Gåte to change their lyrics.

Thank you for making me happy, though! I will be watching :ua: next Saturday ('cause I don't want to see Gåte or the country duet flop just to get My AI or KEiiNO [which is fun and entertaining on stage but their other two attempts were so much superior to that song])

MopManMoss

Veteran
I honestly think they have seen how high Gåte is on the odds, and in case there could be problems with the lyrics if Gåte wins, they are now getting them to change it now rather then having to deal with it later. I have understood that there was a similar thing with Shum and Go_A back in 2021. And the band themselves has said that the changes will be barley noticeable as everything will be pretty much the same. I dont think this will ruin their chances in any way so as a 100% Gåte stan I am not worried at all ;) If Norways wants Ulvham, Norway will vote for Ulvham. I dont know what the rest of my country will do, but I am definitely voting for Ulvham xheartxdance2
The EBU have already cleared Ulvham for use in eurovision there is no problem this is an artifical problem so that Stig can send who he wants

CPV4931

"Waltz of Death" and "Mer" failing to qualify yesterday wasn´t what I hoped for. but also not unexpected... now hoping for Keiino or Gothminister in the final although I find it very unfair what happened to Ulvham

Top Bottom