8 4.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Mainshow

Veteran
Great. Another bunch of artists not being able distinguish between countries being invaded or being part of conflicts and broadcasters taking part in Eurovision.

It's fine to advocate for peace and only wanting "peaceful countries to participate" but always bringing up that "Russia was also expelled" makes them look a bit dumb.

theditz83

Veteran
Remember way back before the semis started and I said "I wasn't getting fully invested so I couldn't be crushed like I was in 2021..."

It's happened again... And it's all because of the perfect live vocals from this vid... Seriously, I am BEYOND BUZZING for the show they're gonna bring tomorrow xheat

Send help, I'm not okay!!! xhelpxhelpxhelp

123456789yami.gif

Mainshow

Veteran
I still can't believe "You're Mine" didn't qualify.

I think that it's my most listened to NF song this season so far :D
It just misses a middle 8 part or B chorus to turn it into a pop masterpiece.

Neo

His voice is also very good for the song.

Remember way back before the semis started and I said "I wasn't getting fully invested so I couldn't be crushed like I was in 2021..."

It's happened again... And it's all because of the perfect live vocals from this vid... Seriously, I am BEYOND BUZZING for the show they're gonna bring tomorrow xheat

Total pros. And yes a likely disappointment coming up with the odds favoring Ulveham.

theditz83

Veteran
Total pros. And yes a likely disappointment coming up with the odds favoring Ulveham.
They truly are - Alexandra's voice is a gift from heaven, and my crush on Fred is getting to the stage where a restraining order might be highly likely if I was ever to travel Norway :lol:

Let's not forget that no one knows what the Semi 3 participants are bringing yet - Gåte, while very well liked and respected from the initial studio cuts, only rocketed in the odds after their Semi 2 performance, so there is no reason why we couldn't have another act doing the same tonight.

I just hope for the sake of my emotions that I don't have to watch my darlings at the end as one of the last two acts standing only to find out that they finished as runner-up again. I still cry watching the Monument performance from the final in 2021, partly from the very special and personal way the lyrics and music hit me so hard, but mostly because I just know after seeing such joy and perfection from them all, I now cannot help but thing of the heartache that was just around the corner for them.

Third or fourth would almost be easier for my heart to take. But I'm trying to bear in mind that regardless of the result, I am still blessed to continue to have them lifting my spirits and bringing me such unbelievable joy with their music. xlove

No rage-splitting my honeys if it doesn't work out in MGP... xpray

rasmuslights

Veteran

Send help, I'm not okay!!! xhelpxhelpxhelp

123456789yami.gif

Sorry but no matter how good their vocals are. They're so cringy to me (as performers)

Irish Cameltoe

Btw. I believe this be the traditional sample in Gåte's song. And old recording by Marit Jensen Lillebuen (she was mentioned and seen in the interview before their performance):

Paco Roca

I listened to the MGP songs or rather the top five songs preferred by bookmakers. I must say that MGP 2024 is of great quality and the five competitors I listened to could either win the national selection or enter the Top 15 ESC without too many problems. However, after the four hundredth thunderous blow of the uvula, continuous wild dancing, costume parades, sparkling lights and powerful sounds... I went into tachycardia. Seeing MGP is pleasant and unpleasant depending on what kind of person you are and your tastes.

Here is my review of the songs:

• Ulveham: the beginning gave me the sensation of an Amerindian litany (I expected the Great Manitù to emerge) after which the singer began to make her timbre travel from Enya up to that of a Balkan nature to finally reach some arabic nuance. The music is impactful. However, where is the song? I witnessed a great improvisation, a hypnotic rock session. Atmosphere that at times recalls the epic nature of KEiiNO years ago. Great quality, keeps you glued but doesn't involve you. At the end of the song I couldn't help but say "Wow" but it left nothing in my soul. If the MGP wins it means that the Norwegians chose well. This is a song contending for the final victory. The Top 10 is guaranteed.
  • Damdiggida: the most engaging song of the five listened to. Great quality, Disco sound with reminiscences of the 90s which still manages to be current and overall very fun. The downside is that it's repetitive but repetitiveness in 90s Disco was a key element to drive the audience crazy. The female singer's voice reminded me of the female singer of Aqua (although the former has a bit more strong voice than the latter). Top 10 guaranteed and... mmm... Yes, the victory could be in play but I find it less epic and less fresh than Ulveham.
  • Gothminister: a cross between Lordi and LOTL. The song is overall pleasant but not as powerful as those of KEiiNO and Gåte. It could do well at ESC thanks more to the Goth climate and the charisma of the singer. Maximum result Top 15.
  • My AI: captivating sound and entertaining show. It's probably the kind of song that would satisfy European fans who love bright lights and antics. Many fans would love to see a Lolita dance with her robot. Like Gothminister it is less powerful than Gåte and KEiiNO and can just aspire to a Top 15 and maximum, given its originality, a low Top 10 (depending on the strength of the other competitors). However, Norway is proving to be the state closest to the musical concept of South Korea and Japan: masks, powerful lights, excessive dancing and captivating sounds. If manga and anime were to be produced in Europe I would see Norway as their home haha.
  • Oblivion: pleasant song that stands out from the others for the simplest handling. The sound is always intense. The beginning and the recurring theme seem to me to be a small plagiarism from "Living On My Own" by Queen. Excellent singer's voice. This song could also enter the Top 15 at the ESC.
Again, I enjoyed following these MGP songs but now I suffer from rapid heartbeat. Little diversification but what I saw was quality.

Well done Norway! Will you be able to wrest the ESC scepter from Sweden?

Last edited:
  • Like It
Reactions: Neo

Sparky

I wouldn't mind Ulveham or Gothminister over Keiino at this point. Keiino is in a no-win situation considering their past and they should shift their focus on carreer beyond the ESC bubble from now on.

I still hope that the slog by Margaret Berger and the incredibly awful MyAI won't win though. The first one is the embodiment of mediocrity and everything that I dislike in ESC (her song in 2013 was good but not great), the other is an awful parody of classic electropop and just a blatant, tryhard bandwagoning of the current AI craze.

Irish Cameltoe

I actually fear that My AI might win (even with the juries). Thanks to kids and their smart phones (see Tix and Subwoolfer).

• Like It
Reactions: Neo

Kitakaze

I think I’m still not writing off Erika and Rob either but after the performance it’s hard to favor them over both KEiiNO and Gåte, especially since Gåte likely won the semi. Based purely off stats alone, KEiiNO ought to be the front runners when you consider Damdiggida currently has double the Spotify streams of Ulveham despite not having been performed yet and they also have the stronger online following of the two which tends to translate to people willing to actually vote. Not to mention Damdiggida just resonates a whole better with the average fun-loving MGP demographic and you can be sure KEiiNO will deliver the goods live. The juries are the biggest wildcard because you can never be sure whether they’ll vote with any musical integrity or simply vote for their favourites without any particular rationale or criteria.

theditz83

Veteran
Based on my running order theory, the qualifiers tonight will be AnnPrincess, MIIA and KEiiNO. Don't think that's far off tbh, but as I've given my prediction throughout so far, here goes

Safe:
MIIA - Green Lights
KEiiNO - Damdiggida

Maybe:
AnnPrincess - Save Me

Vidar Villa - Mer
Thomas Jensen - Take Me To Heaven

Out:
Mistra - Waltz of Death

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Mer has the kind of string-laden Scandinavian pop sound I just love. Vocally wasn't the strongest performance and I'm not sure he'll do much results-wise but I'll definitely add the song to my playlist

Etanna

Waltz of Death is my guilty pleasure song, I hope it makes it to the final

Top Bottom