8 4.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

theditz83

Veteran
So I know that the songs will be revealed at the start of January, but any chance we might get some spoilers of featured artists of anything else before then? It's mighty quiet in what had become my fave thread in terms of NF quality xheat

SAYAY

So I know that the songs will be revealed at the start of January, but any chance we might get some spoilers of featured artists of anything else before then? It's mighty quiet in what had become my fave thread in terms of NF quality xheat
So, not that I actually know anything 100%, but based on...lets say intuition - I think at least Raylee and Keiino is in haha.

I was actually on the same train as someone going to Oslo that has been speculated for MGP last week. I kinda regret not asking that person if I would see them january 5th just to see if they would accidentally spill anything haha!

theditz83

Veteran
Well, apologies - but in the absence of any other more concrete news right now, I'll continue with the hype of my faves.

They've released a look back at their first 5 years together, and I'm not crying at all, you are! xcry

Also, not sure if anything towards the end is a hint towards what's to come in MGP... they did add #mgp to this video on their Facebook but assuming that's just the reference to their previous participations...

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I mean? It was a shock it won the televote yes, but typically eurofans are far too analytical when it comes to songs, and expect far too much at times. See Spains hype this year for example. Casual viewers just vote for what captures their attention and they like, they're easy to please. It makes sense to me KEiiNO did well in 2019, they swept 12s across all Germanic countries with a super catchy pop song that had a bit of a local sound. It was easy listening, stood out, had a great production and staged well. Not everything had to reinvent the wheel or have super deep heartfelt meaning.

rasmuslights

Veteran
You can add me to the list of people who never understood that result either. What it has taught me is that Nordic clichés are the second most potent televote catnip after Moldovan wackiness (for example :dk: 2018 and :no: 2023)

I hate all of those types of entries... I think the same people who complain about Eurovision being cheesy and wacky end up voting for those entries.

Rocket man

Imo the juries got it right about Keiino, they wouldn't have even made it to the final if the juries had only decided. However as much as I disliked their song that year, their performance in the final was fantastic and it did stand out a lot, you could hear the crowd was really into it.

njdevils94

Veteran
Raylee is rumored to be in with the song Charade. Heard it this morning before it got privated. Release date is January 5th which is the same date NMGP reveals all the songs.

Gwendal

ChaChaLand (without Ryan Gosling :( emoji sadboi)
Raylee is rumored to be in with the song Charade. Heard it this morning before it got privated. Release date is January 5th which is the same date NMGP reveals all the songs.
Interestingly, KEiiNO also release a new track this same day called "Damdiggida".
And even... Alessandra (with "Narcissist")!

HarryUK

Veteran
If the Norwegian public weren’t on drugs in 2021 then we’d have had a KEiiNO victory at MGP and probably Eurovision which means they’d have achieved what they should have done in 2019, as per the public’s wishes!!

SAYAY

Interestingly, KEiiNO also release a new track this same day called "Damdiggida".
And even... Alessandra (with "Narcissist")!
Alessandra has tour dates on all the Saturdays when MGP happens I think, so I think her being in again is not very likely. Keiino being in the run for it again is 99.9% likely at this point I think, so no shock or surprise there. I think Raylee is also more or less confirmed. There is also a song out called "Waltz of Death" by a duo called "Mistra", which seems to consist of Anders Odden and Benedicte Adrian from Dollie de Lux (1984) which also seems like a very likely MGP 24 entry. Other names that is currently rumored (with big emphasis on rumored) is Erika Norwich, Vidar Villa, Kyle Alessandro (from Umami Tsunami), Staysman who hosted MGP last year, Hagle, Carina Dahl, Nizhna, Gåte and Margaret Berger. But I have a feeling at least some of these aren't actually in. I think these are rumored because they are releasing new music around January 5th or already have released music that could work in MGP.

SAYAY

If the Norwegian public weren’t on drugs in 2021 then we’d have had a KEiiNO victory at MGP and probably Eurovision which means they’d have achieved what they should have done in 2019, as per the public’s wishes!!
Thing is, TIX had/has a very large (and extremely dedicated) fanbase here in Norway that is a lot bigger than Keiinos, and 2021 was still a year that was affected by a certain virus, so I think many who dont traditionally watches MGP did in 2021 - partly because one could not go out and stuff on Saturday evenings and also because "their guy" was in it. My impression is that it seems a lot of kids and young people who might not quite fit into "the A4 box" if we can call it that, look up to him because they can relate to his struggles with Tourettes, ADHD etc., so I also think a big portion of the votes actually came from this age group. You have to be over a certain age to create an account to online vote in MGP, so I assume a lot of parents had to deal with kids begging them to vote for their idol ;)

But MGP 2024 will probably end in a Keiino win I think. Personally I am a bit tired of their music, but I shall not be negative until I have heard their song. I am also low-key kinda hoping Nizhna and Gåte is actually in, cause I am actually very curious what they could bring to the table. I still have not really decided if I will actually even watch Eurovision or even MGP this year since I have kinda fallen out of love with the contest for various reasons and there is other things happening on those Saturdays I might be more interested in this time around. But if they are in and bring something cool to the table, my interest might be higher and my love might come back xcheer

Last edited:

Ajeje Brazorf

KEiiNO would not have beaten Måneskin and Barbara. Maybe they could have finished on the podium though.

HayashiM

Veteran
KEiiNO would not have beaten Måneskin and Barbara. Maybe they could have finished on the podium though.
Agreed, as much as I love KEiiNO, I don't see them seriously threatening those two in 2021. Would have certainly fared better than Tix though.

Also, even if they are in this year, I doubt they would win MGP. The Nordic countries tend to not got for the same act twice (unless it is a Eurovision winner).

Last edited:

Sammy

Veteran
I read the rumor that Alexander Rybak is about to make his third attempt...

Top Bottom