5 2.3%

25 11.5%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

SAYAY

Not disliking this line up, but not totally loving it either. My main problem is based on the snippets, a lot of the songs sounds a bit too similar to each other.

As of the snippets, I think my current favorites is (and I can´t believe Im saying it), a song about clogs, Jone, happy jazz, a slaying drag queen and Alessandra Mele.

EscGeek

Veteran
This NF is made for me! Great job, :no: once again. xdance2
We're (and by "we're, i mean "i'm) hitting double digits for epic songs to support! xyaaay

We have candidates inspired by Lumix, Raylee, Meandi, Sergey Lazarev, Tix and Alvaro Estrella!
We have swing and reggae!
Most of the artsy-fartsy artists have hit the sweet spot for me.
Ulrikke's song is comparable to her 2020 entry. That's good. :gimmefive:

I can't even rank my faves right now based on snippets. This time i'll wait for the full songs, but you can imagine what i like based on hints above. xbeach

aef

Hahaha this selection is already so entertaining, so much to say.

First of all, I also feel like many snippets sound so similar to each other somehow. :ROFLMAO: It feels like some contestants really wanted to do a dramatic Elsie Bay-ish song too. I more ore less enjoy them all :ROFLMAO: I listend to the recap on Youtube and the songs of Atle, Eline and Maria somehow merged into one dramatic sing off while listening.

I definitely do not agree on Queen of Kings being interesting/ decent. Even the song title is already giving me so much cringe. I this was chosen, it would be a huge fanwank & probably a big flop. Though it's a totally different song, I had :il: 2014 in mind, when imagining how this would to at Eurovision, based on the snippet. Just this over-dramatic singer (in a bad way) with lyrics I instantly don't like at all...

My guilty pleasure in this NF is probably Jone/ Ekko inni meg. Hahaha this would be so much fun at Eurovision. Maybe he will reach the superfinal, who knows. :ROFLMAO: But of course, no real contender from what we know today.

All in all I can live quite well with Elsie Bay and I think she is the obvious choice.

Didn't the HOD even talk about FOUR potential Eurovision winners? I can't see one?! This made my expectations quite high, I mean the quality this year is okay but we definitely had better years at MGP.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
:no: really coming through here with this line up. Based on the snippets several of the songs sound great. A handful I could do without, but it's easily the best NF line up so far imo. Looking forward to this. :mrgreen:

mauve

Veteran
The only thing missing from this selection is rock. Can we kick Bjorn out in favor of some electric guitar sounds?:ROFLMAO:

All in favor say "i"
At least we have already some decent rock songs in the Estonia section (Ollie, Bedwetters) and also in Spain (Megara). I hope some more good rock songs will amaze us! ;)

DirtyFalcon

I'm surprised Elsie is considered as a favourite by so many people this year. Death of Us last year was a much better in my opinion and if she was competing with that song this year, she would be a more obvious favourite (not THE favourite but one of the contenders for sure). Her last song was much more striking and had more immediate effect on me. Yes it's only a snippet but based on the minute we can hear, it's not as good and potentially competitive.

Freya is Eurovision winning material with a good staging. The "freya freya" chorus hits and Maria Celin has the song with the most complete package to convince both juries and televoters i think. My personal favourite is Queen and Kings.

And finally, speaking about Ulrikke, i wouldn't mind her winning MGP but i dont think Honestly is as good as Attention. Still a great song.

empo21

Veteran
Eline Thorp is a lost Haim sister??

None of the snippets are really catching my attention. Maybe Queen of Kings (but I'm still traumatized by EDM shanty Klara from last year)

Overall, last year's MGP final had at least 5 really good songs, I don't know if this year's line-up can beat that. Hoping the full entries change my mind.

jatojo

No thanks to the Spanish-American inspired stuff. That's minus three. And the Norwegian drag queen seems just as bad as the Spanish drag queen. So from there we can slowly start to like the songs. No clear winner as of now. I'm a bit surprised that Ulrikke's chorus is with so much backing? She has a wonderful voice herself?

lasse braun

Looren

Veteran
Okay so the songs that really stood out to me (listening order) :

Ulrikke - Honestly
Alessandra Mele - Queen of Kings
Sandra Lyng - Drom d Bort
Elsie Bay - Love you in a dream
Tiril Beisland - Break it
Atle Pettersen - Masterpiece

theditz83

Veteran
Here's a summary of today's show:

The awkwardness of this video is next level - living for it!

Once again, NMGP is coming for my attention, and quite a few of these have really grabbed my attention. Plenty of catchy hooks, just a few fillers on first impressions, I'm excited to see the live shows! xheya

HayashiM

Veteran
Meh. :sick:

MGP 2021 >>> MGP 2022 > MGP 2023.

Jone, Alessandra and Maria seem the most promising, but based on the snippets there's no song I would be in a rush to hear in full and put asap on my playlist (2021 edition had around 5 of those, and while Elsie Bay's live wasn't as great as I wanted it to be, Death of Us ended up being in my top 10 replayed ESC related songs last year). Ulrikke went from gentle strings to a slower anthem-ish sound, while Elsie finds herself in an even darker dramatic situation. Neither is bad, but I would wish for something more grabbing.

I hope the full songs can make me change my mind :)

Top Bottom