• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
That was really good and super catchy, good opener. Despise that horrific curtains hairstyle hes got going though.

NemesisNick

Song 1: Jone – "Ekko Inni Meg"
A lively song, with a powerful beat to start the line-up. I noticed some rap, and I've never liked rap, but thankfully its use is minimal and, if anything compliments the song. Good usee of light beams, and some amazing video effects (added on-screen images) at times. A good choice of song to open the line-up, this could do well tonight.

Etanna

I really enjoyed Jone's performance. Also if the big note sounded pretty good, I hope it wasn't playbacked

ZoboCamel

I honestly enjoy every song in this final to some extent!... but I do have some preferences. Ideally I'm hoping for the shock outcome that would be a Skrellex win, but Jone/Ulrikke/Alessandra/Eline would be pretty good for me too. Fingers crossed~

Sparky

I'm afraid Jone won't win this. I expected better staging. There was an off key moment in the end as well. It's still the best song, and hopefully the overrated trash of Ulrikke won't win.

Mainshow

Veteran
The verses and the built-up are amazing. Seriously, I´d give this entry 10/10 if the 2nd part of the chorus wasn´t dragging so much.

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I think Eline's song is actually my favourite of this final, I've had it on repeat since last week and it seems to get better every time! Such a good performance as well. I wish she could cause an upset xheart

Decayingbooks

2 songs in and this nf seems to be really strong, the stagings aren't impressive visually but both songs are vocals are really really good

NemesisNick

Song 2: Eline Thorp – "Not Meant to Be"
A noticeable change of pace here; "Not Meant to Be" is what I describe as a power ballad. Eline has a beautiful voice and sang well, and "Not Meant to Be" is a likeable song. The snag is, it's rather slow to start, and takes until the first chorus to deliver any noticeable impact. As for the bridge, I think that part of the song could have been better. Overall, an OK song, but I have my doubts as to whether or not this would be memorable / competitive enough in Liverpool in May.

Datura

Even though jones music is not totally my style hes an amazing singer and i wouldnt be totally mad if norways picks this. Just the prerecorded female vocals disturb me

Elina was great aswell, i didnt care for the song in the semifinal too much but its a grower and she performs it great.

Great start from norway

Mainshow

Veteran
Guilty pleasure of ESC 2023?

Usually, I kind of dislike drag acts at Eurovision (the songs we´ve got so far) but this one is a freaking catchy bop and a lovely throwback to Melodifestivalen 2009-days.

But there are many better and more competitive options for Norway in this GF tonight!

Datura

Skrellex song is not for me (its not bad but a cliche eurovision / drag song), but damn the vocals are again great and its full of positivity. Great. Norway is doing amazing

Top Bottom