5 3.1%

4 2.5%

9 5.6%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Norway-scaled.jpg

JohnyKaz

The last two heats of MGP have been very underwhelming compared to the first two ones and especially the first one. Out of the prequalified songs only Attention is good but needs better staging, otherwise it will flop on the televote. If nothing good comes out of Heat 5 the winner will be either Raylee or Rein (both of them have the potential to win). The other songs so far are just going to be filler entries between these two.

Uto

Veteran
What's Balkan about it?

Not actually Balkan, but that's just phrasing. Lots of songs from the Western shores of the Black Sea got imported to Western Europe last two decades. They are generally this brand of Europop with marimba-like sounds in the higher registers, a very strong vocal melody in the chorus and a distinctly summery feel to the whole thing, usually very successful as club bangers. Given that I'm Dutch and club bangers are our basically our national style of music, I've heard more than a fair share of this stuff. This song by Raylee fits right in. I get that this is now incorporated into the global pop scene and you can find stuff like this coming from the USA, but that wasn't the case a decade and a half or so ago. Romania reigned supreme back then with Bulgaria and the Ukraine following suit.

SAYAY

I am currently so unsure about who I actually want to represent Norway, because I suddenly find myself having too many favorites. I think I will find out who is my personal winner at least in the final the 15th February.
When it comes to northern Norway artist, there are many who are rumored. This is some of the names I have picked up:

Marcus & Martinus (Spokespersons for Norway 2017)
Kevin Boine
Elin & The Woods (MGP 2017)
Agnete (ESC 2016)
Jenny Jensen
Sandra Lyng
Mattis Hætta (ESC 1980)
Steffie

• Scream
Reactions: Mrm

Ezio

Veteran
Over The Sea is the Norwegian Universo. Soulless overproduced pseudo-sentimental pop

SAYAY

Elin & The Woods, Kevin Boine and Jenny Jensen seems to be more or less confirmed.

Neweat rumor is that Agnete and Marcus and Martinus has a song together (even though the management of MM has been out denying it, but that was also the case with Ulrikke and, well 😅)

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Could the fourth participant in this semifinal be Red Moon (Debrah Scarlett from ESC 2015)? On her Facebook page she said she's gonna release a song today.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Not sure if this has already been talked about, but I'm really uncomfortable with any format that includes as much network thumb-on-scaling as this one. Whether ultimately a too-clever-by-half effort to make people fall in love with an underdog story or an attempt to establish some entries as also-rans, something about it just doesn't sit right with me.

SAYAY

Could the fourth participant in this semifinal be Red Moon (Debrah Scarlett from ESC 2015)? On her Facebook page she said she's gonna release a song today.

Hmmm good observation. I thought she has said earlier that she did not want to do this again at a couple occations however, but hey never say never.
(I would not mind if this is true though, I love her!! I even went under the username ScarlettGirl for a while here haha!)

SAYAY

Also, I love that the title on Kevin Boines song is literally 《Vote for me》 :lol:

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Everything i heard about I Am Gay raises so many red flags for me.

opinionsigotem

I am laughing at the very idea of a song existing called I Am Gay. I AM GAY. It makes it sound easy as saying three magic words to come out, completely ignoring the implications of less privileged members of the LGBT community doing so! She's not even gay! The song is saccharine kids special garbage! Hilarious I hope it wins.

Stem på mæ - enough of the meta Eurovision songs. These peaked at sophisticated ballad Congratulations by Silvia Night. It goes on for three minutes without ever getting to the point.

We Are As One - Anyone remember Solju's entry into UMK, Hold Your Colours (which was incidentally also written by Ylva and Linda)? It's like that but not as good.

Mr Hello - this kind of stuff used to be a fixture of the often-maligned Maltese NFs. It should have stayed there.

Verdict: IT'S OVER THANK GOD NO MORE SEMI FINAL LANDFILL

Top Bottom