5 3.1%

4 2.5%

9 5.6%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Norway-scaled.jpg

John1

omggg I just listened to Wild and this... THIS IS INCREDIBLY STUNNING OMG WIG SIS'.

To be completely honest, I was having a lot of doubts regarding the whole revamp of MGP, but this utterly convinced me. :no: maybe found the miraculous winning formula.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
These Melodi Grand Prix heats..

BraveBestIncatern-size_restricted.gif

One Last Time is ok and kinda bless. The rest? Oh boy. I wanted to like How About Mars. It felt like it was building to something and then......... yeah. The drop is unfortunately very dull. I love me some tasty electro pop with a sci fi theme but this is so monotonous. This NF desperately needs a Margaret Berger to save my soul.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Rein - "One Last Time"
I-
I guess this is where Hodor went. It is such a weird mix of genres, this second we are going to war, then the next we are shaking our asses on that chorus beat. It sounds so dated. But arghh, it is kinda enjoyable ngl.

Jaeger - "How About Mars"
Sounds interesting for sure. Any song with a "danger zone" lyric is a plus. Modern, sleek, waiting for the live version. But it is still safe, no fireworks.

Kim Wigaard & Maria Mohn - Fool For Love
With that ten seconds intro I thought it would be another of those "please hire me as the next James Bond theme singer" songs. And it kinda is, in a form of a 2000s Moldova ballad.

Tore Petterson - The Start of Something New
Snazzy jazzy but nothing innovative for that genre. Did they accidentally put the interval act of semi 2 as an entry?

Another pretty average semi, Norway. COME ON. Show us the good songs already, I beg of you. I guess Jaeger can beat any of the three in a duel. Lowkey wanting One last time to win tho

John1

Rein - "One Last Time"
I-
I guess this is where Hodor went. It is such a weird mix of genres, this second we are going to war, then the next we are shaking our asses on that chorus beat. It sounds so dated. But arghh, it is kinda enjoyable ngl.

I'm pretty sure that he will win this semi easily. How about Mars is a close second and she could elevate her song with the performance, but... hey, OLT is a powerful entry.

tuorem

Jaeger is the clear standout. Just like the first show, the rest of the bunch cannot even compare to it. Hope to see more suspense and competition in the following shows.

I really don't get the point of the format of the NF this year. There probably is one stand out per semi surrounded by fillers. Also the concept of pre-qualifiers is strange to me.

They might as well have made one single show with the most solid efforts.

For me, "How About Mars" is above the rest hands-down and so far the only song I could see as a winner, even if it's not perfect in my book. The live performance will have to be on point though, it requires attitude and good staging to work.

John1

I really don't get the point of the format of the NF this year. There probably is one stand out per semi surrounded by fillers. Also the concept of pre-qualifiers is strange to me.

Objection votre honneur ! :lol:

Jokes aside, I do think that this concept of having only one winner per semi is bold since you can cut the number of "fillers" much more easily by picking out the stand-outs.

I mean, Wild was the clear stand-out of the first semi and it definitely earned its spot square and fairly. It depends on how the producers of the show sort those acts out in all of the semis. For instance, there would be some issues if How About Mars competed with Wild in the same semi.

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
Raylee was a clear standout for me in the first semi, in the second one, there are two I like, JÆGER and Rein. Surprised about Rein's song tbh, I thought it would be a ballad, so this was a nice surprise. If I need to choose between them in a duel, it'll depend on the live performance, and I think Rein is the favorite there.

DanielLuis

It seems that the contenders for the win will probably be among the automatic finalists. The semifinalists are just competing for 5 filler spots in the final. I don't get the point of doing a NF like this to be honest.

Romeo

Semi 1 had 1 VERY strong song (wild) and one strongish one (Talking about us)

Semi 2 has 2 okay songs (How about Mars & One last time) I cannot decide whether How about Mars is good or bad. One last time is schlager old school but it's addictive and don't know whether its going to flop on stage :unsure:

Mrm

Veteran
Unfortunately I don't like any song from Heat 2! :(

Loindici

Veteran

After this you can call me granpa

Top Bottom