Contact us

North Macedonia NORTH MACEDONIA 2024 - not taking part

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Looren

Veteran
Probably one of my fave countries in the past few years, please come back xheart

Chalphon

Any Macedonians in this forum that could give us a rough estimation on the odds of them returning in 2024?

Stiven

Any Macedonians in this forum that could give us a rough estimation on the odds of them returning in 2024?
Pretty likely, while I unfortunately I cant give a guaranteed 100% I can be sure that our chances are 60% to 70% to return. It all depends on how much the relations between МРТ(MRT) and our music industry has improved over the past year and if МРТ(MRT) can avoid another scandal that destroys their reputation with the music industry again.

Chalphon

Pretty likely, while I unfortunately I cant give a guaranteed 100% I can be sure that our chances are 60% to 70% to return. It all depends on how much the relations between МРТ(MRT) and our music industry has improved over the past year and if МРТ(MRT) can avoid another scandal that destroys their reputation with the music industry again.

I'll take it :)

Is the relation between the Macedonian broadcaster and the Macedonian music industry the main reason behind this years withdrawal?

AlekS

Veteran
Regarding yestergay's rumour:

I'm still patiently waiting :)

Is the relation between the Macedonian broadcaster and the Macedonian music industry the main reason behind this years withdrawal?
From what I remember, they said they will come back when their financial situation gets better. Though, their budget allows them to take part in JESC again, so the real reason could be all the mess with selection process, flag scandal, etc. I would love them to come back all reborn and fierce :cool:

Last edited:

Gwendal

ChaChaLand (without Ryan Gosling :( emoji sadboi)
Interesting move from North Macedonia and, as this same budget clearly showed last year their non-participation, their comeback seems imminent.

But: 1,5 million of Macedonian denar equals only 24 000 euros. I bet their participation fee is higher than that.

Mainshow

Veteran
Seeing the amount of number, I also believe it's just the budget for JESC but who knows... maybe it's "just" for the delegation/performance (and not the participation fee?)

Stiven

Interesting move from North Macedonia and, as this same budget clearly showed last year their non-participation, their comeback seems imminent.

But: 1,5 million of Macedonian denar equals only 24 000 euros. I bet their participation fee is higher than that.

Seeing the amount of number, I also believe it's just the budget for JESC but who knows... maybe it's "just" for the delegation/performance (and not the participation fee?)
Well my guess is that a big part of the budget is covered by the artist themselves for example this happened in 2017 when Jana Burceska dad payed for most of it, we will have to wait and see if this is the case this year.

Last edited:

rasmuslights

Veteran
Well my guess is that a big part of the budget is covered by the artist themselves for example this happened in 2018 when Jana Burceska dad payed for most of it, we will have to wait and see if this is the case this year.

omg poor dad.

Wynnter

Well my guess is that a big part of the budget is covered by the artist themselves for example this happened in 2018 when Jana Burceska dad payed for most of it, we will have to wait and see if this is the case this year.
Jana was 2017 though, right? 2018 was Eye Cue.

crashworld

Veteran
Can Jana's Dad do us a favour and cover this year's participation fees so Jana can have her redemption arc? "Dance Alone" (in studio form) is basically the best North Macedonia's ESC entry ever.

Mainshow

Veteran
Yeah, "Dance Alone" was back in 2017 - tbh, I forgot the artist's name.

2018 and 2017 were both amazing and well-crafted songs - a pity that both of the performances fell flat :(

esc87fan

"Dance Alone" was Jana Burceska, she was the one that famously got the marriage proposal on live TV (she was also the North Macedonian spokesperson in 2022)

Stiven

Jana was 2017 though, right? 2018 was Eye Cue.
You're right it was a mistype, I meant to write 2017 and didn't notice I wrote 2018 instead.
Edit in order to avoid double posting but МРТ/MRT just confirmed our return with the folowing phrase:
„Програмата на Македонската Радио Телевизија во 2024 година ќе биде одбележана и со учеството на Изборот за песна на Евровизија 2024 година каде што ќе бидат презентирани македонските музички вредности преку песната - учесничка на овој фестивал.“
Translation:
"The program of the Macedonian Radio Television in 2024 will be also marked by the participation in the Eurovision Song Contest 2024, where Macedonian musical values will be presented through the song competing in this festival"

Last edited:
Top Bottom