5 2.9%

17 9.9%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Etanna

I get why people like this entry, I do too. But do people realistically think it could win, personal feelings aside? I just don't see it.
yeah I keep seeing people claim that this has huge winner vibes and I really don't get it.

To me it's kinda like France 2014 - Moustache. A fun song with a simple memorable melody, internationally understood references but not a real heavy hitter. I can see it being like 13-17th in the GF if the staging's good

0scar

I don't think no one in the Netherlands is holding their breath for a victory though, ofcourse everyone would like for Joost to win or do as well as he can but I don't think winning is generally accepted as a possibility.

With a song so typically Dutch, I'd be SO happy if Europapa wins though (I don't think AVROTROS would feel the same though).

Fluke

I'm really surprised, even disappointed that right now, this seems to be getting the most support of all the "joke entries", including ones like Ireland, Estonia etc... Because to me this is the musically and conceptually weakest one. I just thought it was cringy and unlistenably messy from the first time i heard it.

I guess they think it's more conventional, straight-up jokey Eurodance like they recognize from their youth, and in a way it's "more musical" than Finland, the problem is to me it's just cheezy and silly, and tries to hard to be funny with no points to make. And some might fall for the "serious emotional bit" at the end, to me it's just out of place and doesn't change my perception of the rest of the song anyway.

I almost expected it not to qualify for a while, but now that it's so popular, that's almost impossible, but who knows, really popular novelty songs (Aina mun pitää!) have failed before. Maybe the humor and appeals just works on a few countries who were used to Eurodance in the original heydays, and the rest will ignore it, we'll see.

MopManMoss

Veteran
The unregistered hypercam 2 has really brought me back to watching runescape videos on YouTube in the mid 2000s

musicfan

Obviously in contention for best dance song of this Eurovision. No real problem with the music, except possibly for the end of the music video with the quiet ending which feels tagged on. I noticed that it's not in the audio only version though and it would probably take it over 3 minutes anyway. While the final piano chords are nice this end piece doesn't fit with the rest.

While some may not be used to the dance style it's hard to argue that it isn't a pretty good example of it.

The endless harping on about Europe does puzzle me in a Eurovision context however. Eurovision stopped being only about Europe as early as the 70s. And now there's even a world vote. So contestants saying thanks to Europe at the end of performances makes me cringe, and this guy is even saying it at the start of the song. There's an argument as well that he's just mentioning countries to try and get votes. I think I'd prefer a global song now than one just about Europe. But beyond my preference it feels weird emphasizing singing to Europe when other places are watching/listening and actively taking part.

Obviously performance and staging will be important. If he looks too weird to get attention it might not have a positive effect.

mup

I like this entry overall and it's very representative of its country, being a genre that developed in the Netherlands, there's also a tribute to 2 Unlimited if I'm not mistaken. Points for using the Dutch language which might be hard to sing with. Good luck to :nl:(y)

Wynnter

This is really damn charming, holy shit. I do have to give it a point for making me at least smile every time I listen to it. And it does have quite lot of oomph to it, which is good, and a nice flow throughout which culminates into a very energetic breakdown at the end. It never leaves me bored. The song is just nice, you know? The overall style is outside of my personal tastes, so due to that this probably can't go higher from here.

:8: points

0scar

I'm absolutely obsessed with the way he yells, with the hardest Dutch accent "Ai kennot heer joe!!!"

Ted Talks

Putting aside my (well publicised on this thread) dislike of this song, I do struggle to see how it’s going to win in May.

In the final (which I expect it to make) it’s televote winning potential is going to be seriously hampered by the likes of Estonia, Finland and Croatia - who I all expect to qualify too.

They’ll all be fighting for the same voters due to their wacky/fun nature. Last year, Kaarijia really only had to fight with Let3 on that front and they both got decent televote points as a result - Kaarijia significantly better of course.

I just feel that Joost’s points will be a lot lower than expected as the vote among these four ‘fun’ entries is going to be spread out.

I also can’t see the juries supporting it that well. Kaarijia came fourth with them (and even though I liked Cha Cha Cha thought that was generous given how breathy he was in Liverpool in his performances). I struggle to see Joost doing that well.

Alcatraz

The juries will probably give it a "Mama ŠČ" treatment. A similar type of joke entry. :D

MojVoda

How can western nonsense be so boring and annoying simultaneously? This paint Eurovision as soulless CIA reality show when this is a betting favorite.

:0:

Top Bottom