5 2.9%

17 9.9%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

marty

I am not sure if he will make it into the final. Parts of it are fun. I give 5 points.

JSSArcos

that's not bad. But will it be good enough?

Opah, I don't know, after the first listen I wasn't completely satisfied.

Now with good work on stage, this could elevate the music and I think it will be a safe qualifier as a televote.

I think it's an interesting entry, a little different (I understand, but I think it's more constructed than Finnish music)

aef

This year, I can't get behind most of the "joke"-entries. :( But I have a new No 1 today - Switzerland! :)
Omg I really don’t get/ like :ch:! We always had similar taste haha…

MAD20

Fun entry, on par with Finland I would say. It's not my cup of tea, but it can have it's public for sure. It's a :5:.

kamc

Yes there’s a real sense of melancholy in that chorus which gives this song that extra depth and makes it very interesting.

Franzilein

Aww..... I can't, Dutch is too cute. The song is like a rabbit, you just want to cuddle/listen to it and afterwards you feel a lot better and simply happier.

And then comes the ending and I felt like crying and got emotional :lol: I don't know how and why, but it works for me. A joke entry that I can take seriously. The autobiographical note it contains is incredibly powerful to me.

Also, Joost is a walking meme and I love him :lol:

wPzBRDE.png

Sammy

Veteran
I like that it‘s in dutch.
That kind of humour is not entirely mine but it doesn‘t annoy me… :5: for the moment

mauve

Veteran
Omg I really don’t get/ like :ch:! We always had similar taste haha…
I know! Mostly or taste is really similar, but this year it is different. It's funny cause sometimes when I come to a thread with a new release and you like or dislike a song, then I can rely on it. But this time I am like: 😱
😂

Loindici

Veteran
I wish Looren won the Televote last Year.
K**rja lead the Contest in the wrong Direction.
2 Points.
*sigh* alright, let me rant for a bit while I'm on a night shift...

This is simply tone deaf, dear. Maybe you're not the audience target for this type of song and act, but there're also crowds who love it. Maybe this is the type of music the lads and boys like instead of us who delve deep into polished pop and intricate stagings.

Blaming Kaarija for making more unconventional acts step forward is spiteful, because televote is the reflection of the people voting. Loreen was second in televote, and more female and dramatic acts have been selected in this year's contest, so what's the point of blaming only one?

There you go. Let the lads have their music be heard.

Also: can we reduce naming more boisterous or non-pop-conforming acts "joke" or "novelty"? Most genres have been in ESC at some point in time, nothing's really 'new'.

Last edited:

0scar

I'm obsessed with the dining table in the videoclip consisting of René Froger, S10, Joost, Donnie, and Emma Wortelboer

Emmawortelboer.jpg

aef

I can’t help but feel he’s missed the mark here. People are getting tired of the novelty acts this year
It’s the strongest fun song though. It’s way more dynamic than :hr:, more elaborate than :fi:, more mainstream than :ee:

Fluke

Okay, so i have no idea what to make of it. First it is absurdly jokey, like Windows95man but worse. There's no memorable chorus, nothing.

In fact it resembles a lot of really late 90s Eurodance in which the "artists" were just making fun of themselves and the genre, like "The Lawyer" or "Wubble-U".... then it gets serious and sad for some reason. Why? I don't know and i don't care, others here speak of some story behind it, but i don't know of the story, so i don't get it and neither will the vast majority of viewers.

Kinda curious how they'll stage it, especially the last part, but i'm not enthusiastic about it for now, and it may very well not qualify - though with so few entries in each semi, anything could.

HarryUK

Veteran
It’s the strongest fun song though. It’s way more dynamic than :hr:, more elaborate than :fi:, more mainstream than :ee:
I mean in a year where we're all tired of political songs taking centre stage, they really had to send this?

Top Bottom