17 9.9%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

kamc

Thank you, Netherlands.
Here we have a novelty entry at last that fits the brief and is actually fun to listen to. That chorus is firmly lodged in my brain.

ag89

Well, Kaarija obviously set some trends. But, it will be funny, if, for example, Finland fails to qualify this year while the trend to joke songs this year literally came from that country last year.
Anyway, dutch entry works instantly, I think it will qualify.
Also, Croatia now sounds serious compared to songs from the Netherlands, Finland or Estonia.

Rudeboy81

What's with the 90s euro techno theme this year, this seems the worst of the bunch but still may qualify

Datura

this is musically obviously very close to finland, i personally definitely like finland more

Loindici

Veteran
It's not what I exactly expected, but it's makes me feel all emotions in one listens. AND HARDSTYLE? And then an emotional piano section at the end? Full of surprises like Switzerland, just in a different vibe.

PlasticToad

I don't hate it but I do find it so... weak? Is this really supposed to be techno? The beat is barely audible and even the drop lacks any impact. People are saying it's a joke entry but honestly without the video and Joost's appearance it just seems like any old filler song - in a year which has had very little filler so far.

Loindici

Veteran
That's not funny at all. :3:
I think as the ending part unveils, it becomes satirical and sad rather than funny. Seems he was dancing on top of his own sadness.

Grinch

Man, Dutch are such interesting people. Even their "joke" entry is emotional. I was so ready to comment with my typical "Eww" and smash the 0 on the poll, then I found myself almost weepy. Then the burning mill scene happened☹️

Not something I'd listen but at least :nl: had a different approach this year and the song is in Dutch, so yeah 🤷

mauve

Veteran
I think as the ending part unveils, it becomes satirical and sad rather than funny. Seems he was dancing on top of his own sadness.
I read it this way too, but think these parts are too much of a gap. Therefore I can't "feel" this song.

aef

From all of this years songs out, this one made me excited the most when listening to. This is SO Dutch and I’m loving it! Definitely the best joke/ fun song tbh. Even better than :hr:. I’m really curious about how all of these fun songs will split up the televoting points between each other.

Very clear :12: points!

0scar

I keep reformulating my thoughts about this properly but what I know is that I really like that it is incredibly Dutch. As representative for :nl:, it couldn't be more fitting in all honesty. As I said before, it will be a huge hit in the Netherlands for sure.

I expected something less tame than this is, but it's cool. The message behind it is really endearing and the last part is really emotional, it's done well. It's not just fun, it's fun but for a reason. I can imagine it isn't everyone's cup of tea though.

I wouldn't dare to predict how this will fare in the contest, it's less competitive as hoped for but again.. I'm glad as this accurately represents the Netherlands. Gonna support it for sure

ESC94

I admit that the background story behind this entry is really nice. But does that make the song any better for me?? Spoiler alert: Nope!! (n)

The beat goes straight into your heard and causes an earworm, but in this case one of the unpleasant kind, and counting the national stereotypes feels really stale nowadays in my opinion. The cheesy end doesn´t really fit to the rest of the song either for me. :confused:

In the end I give :nl: an underwhelming :2: and only because it´s in Dutch, in English this would´ve been a straight :0:. I can see it reaching the final but I don´t think it´ll be that successful. xthink

Last edited:

aef

Im standing so much behind this entry, this is what :fi: this year wants to be tbh

Judas

FSC Mod
Staff member
I think it could be a fun performance if it translates well on the stage :D Not a favorite by any means but just an entertainment for such show. :7: for now but the live performance may make me give a higher point!

Top Bottom