17 9.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

MopManMoss

Veteran
The kid is a talentless brat who makes lame, semi-funny party music. But the committee chose this from around 600 entries because it "had such tremendous hit potential". Seriously, where is it? The song doesn't even go hard and it's not funny at any level. The chorus is melodically weak and the harder "gabber" part at the end is something to be ashamed of. Nothing special here. You can do this kind of entry once, but it must be incredibly strong and ingeniously put together then. And that is not at all the case here.

It's the worst my country has send since Sieneke, maybe it's even worse. This fits perfectly in a year in which we also elected Geert Wilders. :0: points.
Other than that Mrs Lincoln how was the play

0scar

It's gonna be a massive hit in the Netherlands for sure wouldn't be surprised if I'm gonna hear it being played when I go clubbing tomorrow

Mainshow

Veteran
The :nl: entry is alright, imo I think it's memorable and catchy and the last part of the song goes hard. It will stand out in May and it's a borderline qualifier.
It was lovely to hear a phrase in German, too and I like the witty and funny music video (the stereotype/national dishes in the lyrics were a bit off-putting but it will make do in May when the general public try to make sense of this entry).
I think it got some potential.
:6: for now.

Shadowfuxcs

This is really disappointing, it's a rather regular and low-impact song with the visuals trying too hard to push it as something different.
Then the trope of throwing references about countries is overdone and here it's being used without any punchline.
And finally the last section is out of place, more like a bonus clip than an actual part of the song. Feels disjointed and the inclusion to his parents was heavy-handed ala Bulgaria 2021. Of course the latter is very important for him but in the context of the song the tribute didn't feel genuine.

I was expecting the Netherlands to be a contender for the televote since the artist announcement, but now they could be NQ in the semis (this type of humour only translates in small part of Europe).

Reinventor

The kid is a talentless brat who makes lame, semi-funny party music. But the committee chose this from around 600 entries because it "had such tremendous hit potential". Seriously, where is it? The song doesn't even go hard and it's not funny at any level. The chorus is melodically weak and the harder "gabber" part at the end is something to be ashamed of. Nothing special here. You can do this kind of entry once, but it must be incredibly strong and ingeniously put together then. And that is not at all the case here.

It's the worst my country has send since Sieneke, maybe it's even worse. This fits perfectly in a year in which we also elected Geert Wilders.

:0: points.
Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean he is talentless. A bit more respect even if it’s not your thing would be nice.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
It's political. I hope the EBU bans them... oh wait, this is not Isr...??? but the :nl: ??- so it's fine, I guess.
absolutely none of the lyrics are political, but i agree. ban them anyway.

the two men with ugly blond mullets can hold hands in the bottom two of my ranking until azerbaijan release "aisel - The Genocide Song (A Game of Chess)" as their entrant.

Zeus

Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean he is talentless. A bit more respect even if it’s not your thing would be nice.
You are assuming two things that are not true: firstly that the label 'talentless' is purely based on this song alone while it's not and secondly that everything and everyone who produces something that I don't like would be instantly 'talentless' for me. Also false.

When looking at the lyrics/text-writing and the production of his songs, I'm not impressed at all - even quite shocked that there is an audience for this. Doesn't mean people should enjoy whatever they enjoy, but I indeed don't see the artistic talent in him or any of his productions.

It could be that he is just very likeable, had some good friends in the industry and that people pick up on his energy. Good for him though.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I hated it and then I kind of liked it, then I kind of liked it some more... and then I absolutely despised it and then I liked it again.

The little bit at the end of each chorus is super cute, and the second verse is pretty hype. That outside rave bit towards the end of the song deeply hurts my already tinnitus riddled ears. It sounds horrible. Despite that hideous bit, all the little cute parts it has stop me from turning into a vicious, out for blood hater of Europapa. No, for I can't hate, not when I imagine these are the kind of antics @Uto and @Zeus get up to on the daily, living their wholesome lives in The Netherlands.

Also, the best part of this entry...

The hat requires me to give no less that 6 points. And so I shall follow the rules, you hat well, you get :6: points.

Mainshow

Veteran
That jokes starts getting old and annoying, find better things to say

"Europapa" is more political than that song about "dancing" (the 2nd option recorded by Eden which allegedly got rejected by the EBU as well)
So technically, it's not a joke just to be "funny" - it's about how the EBU applies double standards when it comes to the lyrics/messages of songs coming from different countries (and some fans follow them).

absolutely none of the lyrics are political, but i agree. ban them anyway.

The first two lines:
"Europe, let's come together" (+ many EU flags in the music video): advocating for countries to join the EU
"It's now or never" (could be read as "now" before the ruZZian Empire invades you)

Other lines:
"Welcome to Europa, stay here until you die" (could be levelling criticism at the EU in general)
"Fortunately don't need a visa to be with you" (supporting the idea of the Schengen area - mocking countries like :bg: or :ro: )
"So take the bus to Poland or the train to Berlin" (indicating that German trains are superior to Polish ones - that Poland's infrastructure isn't as advanced and modern as in other parts in Europe so that visitors have to take a bus instead)

So many political lines before the first chorus occurs....
EBU in shambles.

Zeus

"So take the bus to Poland or the train to Berlin" (indicating that German trains are superior to Polish ones - that Poland's infrastructure isn't as advanced and modern as in other parts in Europe so that visitors have to take a bus instead)
Thank you, this made my day.

0scar

even quite shocked that there is an audience for this. Doesn't mean people should enjoy whatever they enjoy, but I indeed don't see the artistic talent in him or any of his productions.

lol ok sure, that "pretending to be shocked people don't just agree with the weird standards I decided for myself are the only things that fall under 'artistic talent'" look doesn't suit you well. I'm not gonna argue this any further because agree to disagree but I get the yikes from these kind of remarks - I do not enjoy Finland at all but I see its artistic value for (trying to) being a fun entry.

Looren

Veteran
"Europapa" is more political than that song about "dancing" (the 2nd option recorded by Eden which allegedly got rejected by the EBU as well)

The chorus of that song "about dancing" obviously refer to the October 7th event, you would need to be blind or just not wanting to understand to not get that

And we don't even know the verses of that song ;)

Top Bottom