Contact us

my ideas of hosting venues (for countries that have never won Eurovision since 2000)

for countries that have never won Eurovision since 2000, I have ideas of which venue they should use in case they win Eurovision in the future. You can see the list below.
mrvYryzv.jpg

Note: there are empty slots in some countries, so if there are natives of the aforementioned countries, maybe you can suggest some more venues.

ESC94

for countries that have never won Eurovision since 2000, I have ideas of which venue they should use in case they win Eurovision in the future. You can see the list below.
mrvYryzv.jpg

Note: there are empty slots in some countries, so if there are natives of the aforementioned countries, maybe you can suggest some more venues.

Interesting guesses!! Regarding :es: it is highly doubtful that the contest would be held in Barcelona, considering the political turmoil in ::ctln at the moment.

Loindici

Veteran
I'm not a native, but:
1. Armenia = Karen Demirchyan Complex
2. Malta = MECC, or that dock they've used for JESC 2014
3. Georgia = #2 can use the Black Sea Arena
4. Spain can try using FIBES
5. Czech Rep can also use Ostravar or the other Tipsport arena, or even experiment w/ Forum Karlin
6. Hungary can also do use SYMA arena
7. Albania would probably use PiK even if it's for 2500 seats.

I'm not a native, but:
1. Armenia = Karen Demirchyan Complex
2. Malta = MECC, or that dock they've used for JESC 2014
3. Georgia = #2 can use the Black Sea Arena
4. Spain can try using FIBES
5. Czech Rep can also use Ostravar or the other Tipsport arena, or even experiment w/ Forum Karlin
6. Hungary can also do use SYMA arena
7. Albania would probably use PiK even if it's for 2500 seats.

1. Armenia = it is slightly too small, but if that's the only suitable choice, besides having to build a bigger venue from scratch like Azerbaijan for Eurovision 2012, it should be chosen instead.
2. Malta = JESC 2014 used Malta Shipbuilding. but I prefer having a bigger venue built from scratch (multipurpose indoor arena, having at least 13,000 seats)
3. Georgia = Great second choice. should be added to the list.
4. Spain = FIBES is a bit too small (is it tho?)
5. Czech = Ostravar? a borderline venue. I prefer a venue which is above borderline.
6. Hungary = Syma Arena is also a borderline venue.
7. Albania = no idea. but your suggestion does not meet EBU standard. the venue should be spacious enough for at least 10,000 spectators.

randajad

Veteran
In the words of our lord and saviour, dame Maggie Smith, just pull yourself together. There is no chance for countries like Malta or Albania to do what Azerbaijan have done, especially just for ESC. :lol:

Loindici

Veteran
1. Armenia = it is slightly too small, but if that's the only suitable choice, besides having to build a bigger venue from scratch like Azerbaijan for Eurovision 2012, it should be chosen instead.
2. Malta = JESC 2014 used Malta Shipbuilding. but I prefer having a bigger venue built from scratch (multipurpose indoor arena, having at least 13,000 seats)
3. Georgia = Great second choice. should be added to the list.
4. Spain = FIBES is a bit too small (is it tho?)
5. Czech = Ostravar? a borderline venue. I prefer a venue which is above borderline.
6. Hungary = Syma Arena is also a borderline venue.
7. Albania = no idea. but your suggestion does not meet EBU standard. the venue should be spacious enough for at least 10,000 spectators.

We can't limit possibilities. Borderline venues can indeed be chosen if the broadcaster wants to do so.

About PiK, while it seems unreasonable, I think this is the 'ultimate' venue of the Albanian big shows (FiK and even Kenga Magjike final is held there). They would have to put some spectators somewhere else, though. Adding roofs to Kombetare Arena is unviable, and I don't know if expo centers in Albania can also suit the aforementioned requirements.

MyHeartIsYours

I think in the United Kingdom it would likely be either the O2 Arena (London), Manchester Arena (Manchester) or M&S Bank Arena (Liverpool).

Birmingham could be a contender (especially if it was 2022 the year of the Commonwealth Games) but it hosted most recently so less likely for that reason. And Cardiff also, but I think they would reckon the Principality Stadium to be too large and the Motorpoint Arena too small.

I think in the United Kingdom it would likely be either the O2 Arena (London), Manchester Arena (Manchester) or M&S Bank Arena (Liverpool).

Birmingham could be a contender (especially if it was 2022 the year of the Commonwealth Games) but it hosted most recently so less likely for that reason. And Cardiff also, but I think they would reckon the Principality Stadium to be too large and the Motorpoint Arena too small.

you said Motorpoint Arena is too small for Eurovision, and it IS, indeed, but what if Wales wins Junior Eurovision?

HayashiM

Veteran
I'm not a native, but:
5. Czech Rep can also use Ostravar or the other Tipsport arena, or even experiment w/ Forum Karlin.

Pretty much the only option in Czechia would be the O2 arena.

Should we one day eventually host Eurovision, I think only Prague can handle the organization financially speaking. For example Ostravar (10000 capacity) has the experience of co-hosting the ice-hockey world championships, but ice-hockey is our n°1 sport regarding fanbase - I don't think any other city would contribute enough money to host Eurovision.

Focusing on Prague, Forum Karlín, as much as I like it, has a capacity of only about 3000 (standing) people, that is not even borderline assuming we also need to fit in all the delegations etc. Tipsport arena in Prague could maybe fit 10000+ people, but it is quite (60) years old and in my opinion not the place we would like to present ourselves in with Eurovision. The O2 arena seems to be the most sensible option - it could have a capacity of about 14-15000 in a concert setting (perhaps even about 19000, should we experiment with some sort of a 360° stage).

Anyway we need to win first and only worry about the arena later (though we host another ice-hockey world championship in May 2024 - so should we win, it would be best in some year different to 2023 :) ).

ag89

Bosnia and Herzegovina has Olympic Hall Zetra (or officially Juan Antonio Samaranch) in Sarajevo... Probably the only hall with serious capacity; 6.000 to 12.000+ seats, depending on event. A few other have capacity of 6.000 (Skenderija, in Sarajevo as well: a very interesing hall, but needs full renovation, and sport's hall in Zenica, but I don't see that town hosting at all). But firstly we have to return.

Zetra is very interesting because it has a huge floor area that can accommodate many people. It is actually a hockey arena, that's why it has a very unusual setting. It's not pretty, but it works.

Many ESC singers had their concerts there: Marija Šerifović (more than 15.000 people were there), Željko Joksimović, Nina Badrić, Severina, basically all big names in EX YU.

Bosnia and Herzegovina has Olympic Hall Zetra (or officially Juan Antonio Samaranch) in Sarajevo... Probably the only hall with serious capacity; 6.000 to 12.000+ seats, depending on event. A few other have capacity of 6.000 (Skenderija, in Sarajevo as well: a very interesing hall, but needs full renovation, and sport's hall in Zenica, but I don't see that town hosting at all). But firstly we have to return.

Zetra is very interesting because it has a huge floor area that can accommodate many people. It is actually a hockey arena, that's why it has a very unusual setting. It's not pretty, but it works.

Many ESC singers had their concerts there: Marija Šerifović (more than 15.000 people were there), Željko Joksimović, Nina Badrić, Severina, basically all big names in EX YU.

thank you for the suggestion. I'll add it to the list. at that time I only included countries that participated in the 2018 contest.

anto475

The 3arena in Dublin is, unfortunately, our only option. Unless we host after reunification in which case the Odyssey Arena in Belfast could also host.

Sean

Admin
Staff member
The O2 Arena will not host Eurovision, it is constantly booked and would be impossible to hire for the six weeks required for Eurovision.

The UK would likely host in Cardiff or Manchester, but I personally think that Liverpool would be an ideal host city were we to somehow stumble to victory.

Also since nobody seems to have mentioned it, Australia isn't allowed to host.

Romexpo is a good choice I guess, but I find it rather small. It usually hosts events like Eastern European Comic Con etc.
We also have Arena Nationala which will host four games at UEFA Euro 2020. And Cluj Arena

but Arena Nationala is a football stadium, and a retractable roof should be added onto it to be able to host Eurovision. Putting a roof takes a lot of time. I prefer indoor arenas. Cluj Arena is also possible though. I have seen also BTArena, but it's a bit too small, too borderline for Eurovision.

The O2 Arena will not host Eurovision, it is constantly booked and would be impossible to hire for the six weeks required for Eurovision.

The UK would likely host in Cardiff or Manchester, but I personally think that Liverpool would be an ideal host city were we to somehow stumble to victory.

Also since nobody seems to have mentioned it, Australia isn't allowed to host.

Australia? venue-wise, they can't. otherwise, they can. SBS will still co-organize, Australian presenters will still be used, only the venue won't be in Australia. it will be in one of the big 5 countries (Germany or the UK).

Mainshow

Veteran
It doesn't make sense to debate on UK's possibilities of hosting the event because the UK will never win again as long as BBC will be in charge. #justsaying

ESC94

It doesn't make sense to debate on UK's possibilities of hosting the event because the UK will never win again as long as BBC will be in charge. #justsaying

I agree. As long as they send uncharismatic nobodys with boring album tracks they won´t even come close to winning or even the first half of the scoreboard.

well, fingers still crossed. they probably have to send their big artists (such as Ed Sheeran, Adele, Sam Smith, and on and on) with their best new songs.

Top Bottom