Contact us

Morocco MOROCCO 2024 - not taking part

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
1200px-Flag_of_Morocco_%28large_stroke%29.svg.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Miss Antartica

:ma:In my opinion, is a return of Morocco possible? This year three singers had Moroccan origins, then Loreen is already the second time she wins

Looren

Veteran
As much as I want us to comeback the answer is : no, there is zero interest in the contest here

GRE

There is no way Morocco participating in Eurovision, as long as Israel participates,
because Morocco doesn't recognize Israel as a country.

PolarFoxxie.

Can someone tell me situation with LGBT in Morocco. I know very well situation. Just want that others are aware of it. I would be very surprised to see them in Eurovision not just this year but any other year because that would draw so many other questions. That one time they participated in 19ies was an exception.

Looren

Veteran
They are congratulating a country that participated in Eurovision once in 1980 on a historic achievement with their women's football team making the knock-out stage for the first time ever. :D

Well yeah okay that was pretty obvious but I think you got what I meant :lol:

MopManMoss

Veteran
Can someone tell me situation with LGBT in Morocco. I know very well situation. Just want that others are aware of it. I would be very surprised to see them in Eurovision not just this year but any other year because that would draw so many other questions. That one time they participated in 19ies was an exception.
What do you think the LGBT situation is of a 99% islamic country exactly?

rasmuslights

Veteran
People should stop thinking we don't participate only because of LGBTQ participants 🙄

The only reason is that the people's interest in ESC is at like 0%

I mean yeah but it's the same with Slovakia. OFC there's no interest when the contest hasn't been broadcast for more than 40 years.

I wouldn't say it's just about LGBT, but also the fact that Israel participates (even though relations are diplomatic now), how women dress and probably some dirty jokes sometimes made by hosts.

Looren

Veteran
I mean yeah but it's the same with Slovakia. OFC there's no interest when the contest hasn't been broadcast for more than 40 years.

I wouldn't say it's just about LGBT, but also the fact that Israel participates (even though relations are diplomatic now), how women dress and probably some dirty jokes sometimes made by hosts.

Hum, women's dressing probably doesn't have anything to do with it, we're not Qatar or Saudi Arabia

The fact Israel participates is maybe a bit of an issue, yeah okay relations are diplomatic but the general opinion of Moroccan's people is clearly not friendly to Israel

There's probably also the fact that the average voter probably wouldn't get or vote for a song in Arabic so maybe the broadcaster thinks participating would be pointless

Top Bottom