І аm whаt І аm

І аm whаt І аm
І аm whаt І аm
Веndіng bасkwаrdѕ trуіng tо fіt іn
І’ll mаkе thеm undеrѕtаnd, уеаh
Таkе іt оr lеаvе іt
І аm whаt І аm…​

aef

I was pretty optimistic about this year but this weekend just turned this edition into a complete snoozefest.
2019-2021 was so good every year so I guess 2022 more or less "needs" to be a weaker year. I still have hope for the remaining internal selections though.

jeriswani

:1: This song is bland as shit, her singing is nothing special, the only thing I remembered about her is her funny name.
Her voice sounded good but the problem is in Eurovision 80% of people will sound good aswell it just won’t stand out. I hope emmas career doesn’t get ruined because of it. The song is just so weak.

I bims

Veteran
2019-2021 was so good every year so I guess 2022 more or less "needs" to be a weaker year. I still have hope for the remaining internal selections though.
Mhm i thought 2020 was really a garbage edition and 2022 is still stronger than that imo but still... really weak. Especially compared to 2021.

Mainshow

Veteran
I like the chorus of Out of Sight but the rest of the song is kind of eh.

I still fail to notice that there´s a chorus in this entry.
Perhaps I need to listen to this song more carefully but seriously, having watched the lyric video once and her performing twice, I´ve always been surprised that this song "ends all of a sudden".
The 3 minutes just pass without any highlights or incidents that this song progresses, imo.

I bims

Veteran
........ritmu was also pretty meh though? :lol:
But you don't fall asleep while listening to it. And Aidan is serving gay vibes. More gays on the stage while homophobes are watching the better.

Her voice sounded good but the problem is in Eurovision 80% of people will sound good aswell it just won’t stand out. I hope emmas career doesn’t get ruined because of it. The song is just so weak.
Yeah it's the bare minimum. And I think she has 0 charisma or anything about her. She's pretty... like a lot of other girls. Seen girls like her at every The Voice edition ever. Boring.

Mrm

Veteran
GOSH what is that lil girl doing on the stage dressed like that at 01:00 AM! xfaint

I hope she is aware she won't be able to take her to Turin stage.... :/

Beside that the song is average, nth special, vocals are good, will be :5: from me in the poll..

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
But you don't fall asleep while listening to it. And Aidan is serving gay vibes. More gays on the stage while homophobes are watching the better.
i mean i also preferred him to emma but it was a disappointing entry compared to other works from him, so I guess he gets another chance in another year with a better song?

i was personally rooting for one of the nicoles xcry

hpp0

Unfortunately, I don't like this at all. It's not a horrible song but it just very boring. The performance was visually great tho, if the performance is equally good in Italy, the juries might put it high enough to qualify but after that I don't see finishing over 20th place.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I think Out of Sight holds some charm and I'm kind of shocked to be honest to see the brutal reaction to it. About 75% of its scores here at the moment being 4 points or lower.. yikes.

I don't love it yet but it's one of the very few songs so far from this year I'd happily add to my playlist. It's really pleasant. Of course pleasant isn't enough most of the time. A song needs more and this is maybe Out of Sight's problem. It's nice to listen to and the piano even haunts a little, but there's not really a moment. I'd compare this song to comfort food or a warm hug from a loved one. It's something you need sometimes.

I was going to downgrade this to 7 as I'm not into the staging but I'll stick to my initial 8... cause y'all mean 🥺 Emma needs someone to root for her.

mauve

Veteran
I am surprised that there are indeed weaker songs than in the German selection. I am relieved. :sneaky: Seriously. A complete non-event, generic, boring, a sleeping pill. I wonder myself why I give generous :2: points.

martin

Is Emma and Jessika Muscat sisters?

Or is Muscat a very popular last name in Malta?

crashworld

Veteran
Emma got a good voice, but the song is just meh all over. After you listen to it, nothing stays. Giving the song a :4:.
I have watched Aiden's performance and listened to the song for the first time, it's OK. But at least his performance is more memorable and captures your attention. I guess Malta doesn't want to have a cowboy to represent them since they are in the same SF as Estonia.

By the way, can Malta change her song completely? I mean technically this is supposed to the song for Malta in ESC right. I don't think it would be fair to change the song. Unless they did state in the rules that the songs in the NF will not be the final song in ESC.

Top Bottom