So baby, it's not a maybe
Yeah, I'm too good to be true, but there's nothing in it for you
So if I show some skin, it doesn't mean I'm giving in
Not your baby

Je me casse, je me casse
If you don't get it (Je me casse)
Je me casse, je me casse
I'm not your baby

Boy, are you pouring that drink in my hand?
Thinking if I'm drunk then, I'll give you a chance
Boy, you keep buying and complaining so stop trying
Not gonna give it up and change my plans

Hell no, I'm not your honey
Hell no, I don't want your money
Got it wrong, I ain't into dummies
No-o-o-o

So baby, it's not a maybe
Not your baby

Je me casse, je me casse
If you don't get it (Je me casse)
Je me casse (Je-je-je me casse)
If you don't...

Ladies, if you feel like flaunting tonight, it’s alright, it's alright
Ladies (Ladies), listen to me!
Listen and go right ahead, show you're shining

If you don't get it, if you, if you dont' get it (Je me casse)
If you don't get it, if you, if you don't get it
Excuse my French

Baby, it's not a maybe
Not your baby

Je me casse
Je-je-je me casse
I'm not your baby​

Last edited by a moderator:

hijirio

Veteran
Well i probably also listened to different Bulgaria Lithuania and İceland songs too 🤣
I don’t like any song in the current top 8 in the odds. 🤡 🤡

crashworld

Veteran
Malta usually "bomb" in televotes right? "Chameleon" which is widely advertised and a song way better than Destiny's did poorly. So I'm not sure if this time the televotes will favour Malta.

I know Michela didn't exactly elevate the song during the "live" performance which perhaps didn't help with the televotes. So Destiny really need to bring her "A" game to attract the televotes coz I'm sure the jury love will be there for Malta.

Carlkva

The first time the chorus came in, it surprised me in a negative way and I didn't like it, but by the end of the three minutes I loved it, making it my #2 after Bulgaria, so I can confidently give :10: points. I would love it if Destiny were the first person to win JESC and ESC, she deserves it!

Iker

Veteran
It is currently my number two after Bulgaria. If everything is done right, Destiny could become the first winner of both ESC and JESC.
The song this year is not good enough to win the adult contest I think.

Iker

Veteran
Malta usually "bomb" in televotes right? "Chameleon" which is widely advertised and a song way better than Destiny's did poorly. So I'm not sure if this time the televotes will favour Malta.

I know Michela didn't exactly elevate the song during the "live" performance which perhaps didn't help with the televotes. So Destiny really need to bring her "A" game to attract the televotes coz I'm sure the jury love will be there for Malta.
Yeah Chameleon was better according to most I think but Michaela is not even in 10% the performer which Destiny is.

seagull

Can I ask all you guys a genuine question? I'm really interested.

Now I try very, very hard to detach my appreciation from any artist or whether I think a particular country has a great thing going, from the particular entry and just go with, do I like the song and the complete package on the stage. I realise this isn't probably the normal way of doing things, but I find it the fairest way to go about things, otherwise, it's not really a song contest, it's just a popularity contest and obviously, some countries are going to just win every time.

Now, my question is this, if Destiny did not have the reputation amongst fans that she does, or if it was any other singer performing this entry, would you enjoy it as much? Pick somebody, anybody who could credibly have performed an ESC entry from Malta. With one of these fan-adored singers, it can sometimes be a little tricky to cut past the "I love this because it's X person" and to the "I love/like/dislike/hate this because", if that makes any sense.

I'm genuinely having some trouble deciding what I think here. I imagine that I probably would have the same problem with Norway this year, had MGP gone a different way and I think maybe the whole "yeah, Samanta Tina finally made it!" might be obscuring my feelings on Latvia too. And the inverse happened to me in 2016 with '1944' because I was all, "Jamala's coming back to an NF, yeah!" with a song that turned out to be the exact opposite of 'Smile' in every conceivable way and made me sit there for 3 minutes in stunned silence and then become convinced it was going to win the Contest, as indeed it did (only time I've ever called a winner pre-Finals night).

I'd really love to hear people's take on this question.

Iker

Veteran
This song also sounds like something that Caro Emerald could have recorded except that it would be much better.

FilipFromSweden

Sorry I just hate the circus sound and that it feels like 2 unrelated songs made into 1

:2:

DanielLuis

I definitely agree that Destiny should be the first person to win both JESC and ESC...but not with this sis, sorry. Not that it's awful, but she deserves something better, for sure.

Loindici

Veteran
Now, my question is this, if Destiny did not have the reputation amongst fans that she does, or if it was any other singer performing this entry, would you enjoy it as much? Pick somebody, anybody who could credibly have performed an ESC entry from Malta. With one of these fan-adored singers, it can sometimes be a little tricky to cut past the "I love this because it's X person" and to the "I love/like/dislike/hate this because", if that makes any sense.

For me if I detach Destiny out of it, it's an obnoxious electro-swing song. Even if I attach Destiny to it, it will still be as annoying. I guess there's nothing salvaging my feelings about it, maybe just a bit because we got a good performer in our hands, but nothing else on the song.

On a side note, if you tell me this is a French entry, I would've believed in you.

Iker

Veteran
Can I ask all you guys a genuine question? I'm really interested.

Now I try very, very hard to detach my appreciation from any artist or whether I think a particular country has a great thing going, from the particular entry and just go with, do I like the song and the complete package on the stage. I realise this isn't probably the normal way of doing things, but I find it the fairest way to go about things, otherwise, it's not really a song contest, it's just a popularity contest and obviously, some countries are going to just win every time.

I'm genuinely having some trouble deciding what I think here. I imagine that I probably would have the same problem with Norway this year, had MGP gone a different way and I think maybe the whole "yeah, Samanta Tina finally made it!" might be obscuring my feelings on Latvia too. And the inverse happened to me in 2016 with '1944' because I was all, "Jamala's coming back to an NF, yeah!" with a song that turned out to be the exact opposite of 'Smile' in every conceivable way and made me sit there for 3 minutes in stunned silence and then become convinced it was going to win the Contest, as indeed it did (only time I've ever called a winner pre-Finals night).

Could it be that people really enjoy her vocals? As simple as that?

Top Bottom