So baby, it's not a maybe
Yeah, I'm too good to be true, but there's nothing in it for you
So if I show some skin, it doesn't mean I'm giving in
Not your baby

Je me casse, je me casse
If you don't get it (Je me casse)
Je me casse, je me casse
I'm not your baby

Boy, are you pouring that drink in my hand?
Thinking if I'm drunk then, I'll give you a chance
Boy, you keep buying and complaining so stop trying
Not gonna give it up and change my plans

Hell no, I'm not your honey
Hell no, I don't want your money
Got it wrong, I ain't into dummies
No-o-o-o

So baby, it's not a maybe
Not your baby

Je me casse, je me casse
If you don't get it (Je me casse)
Je me casse (Je-je-je me casse)
If you don't...

Ladies, if you feel like flaunting tonight, it’s alright, it's alright
Ladies (Ladies), listen to me!
Listen and go right ahead, show you're shining

If you don't get it, if you, if you dont' get it (Je me casse)
If you don't get it, if you, if you don't get it
Excuse my French

Baby, it's not a maybe
Not your baby

Je me casse
Je-je-je me casse
I'm not your baby​

Last edited by a moderator:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
This is awesome. I love it. This screams UK televote support for sure, but then we're usually friendly to Malta anyway. It's an improvement on last year imo which really didn't allow her to show her true sassy potential - this does that in spades. :10:

cripesdude

Yes! Love it! Not sure if it’s my winner but destined for my top 5!

MAD20

It's good to see that an outstanding voice does not need a classic ballad to bring a good song. It's fun, catchy and a good uptempo, what else can we expect from Malta? It's a :10: for me, straight to my top 10.

kamc

Ughhh, probably the biggest disappointment of this year’s bunch.
Destiny is so much better than this basic song.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
After the Electro Velvet and Beyonce comparisons, it makes absolute sense that I'm not feeling this at all. My initial reaction was that of confused, almost stony silence before eventually starting to laugh about 20 seconds before it was over. This style suits her much better than what she was given last year (her voice on that was so nasal) but composition wise All Of My Love I feel was a lot nicer (I just didn't like it). Je Me Casse is all over the place and feels so disjointed. I don't mind some organised chaos (see The Moon Is Rising) but this for me is neither a pleasant or particularly impressive listen. I'm willing to give it some more tries though as I like how bubbly and confident Destiny is on this track.

A really super dooper ridiculously kind :5: points from me cause bless Malta. You can't ever hate on Malta. They're like the little puppy dog of Eurovision that you let get away with peeing on your nice new carpet cause aaaawwwwww snookums xheart

HayashiM

Veteran
My heart almost stopped at the French title, but that level of excitement wasn't meant to last.

Musically speaking, the song is quite to very good to my ears. I do like swing, the song's overall buildup, and the "Excuse my French" punchline is pure gold. We don't even need to discuss the greatness of Destiny's vocals.

As for the lyrics... I am not the target audience.

Overall a competent entry and a 95% qualifier. :7: points.

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
Malta was among my favorites last year, and Destiny is going straight into my top 10 this year as well. Electro swing is awesome, so there's plenty of bonus points for that, but the rest of the song is quality as well. I've given it an :8: for now, mostly based on what I've given other entries I like as much as this one, but I feel mean doing so, and I might change it to 10 eventually. :eek:

Teaisloveable

So so bad. If this was UK, bottom3. Wow... what a downgrade..

Why if it was the UK? Surely bottom 3 is bottom 3 haha. I know the UK hasn't been doing too well in Eurovision recently but that doesn't make it a new class of bottom 3 :lol:

As for the song, I really like it!!
Easily in my top 10, though I'm not quite sure exactly where it'll sit. It's fun and she seems so comfortable with it!

Loindici

Veteran
I'm really confused.

Here's the twist: this is the first time I'm really, genuinely, confused with a Eurovision entry. Just like that Yara Sofia GIF, I'm confused with it being such a CHOICE for a country like Malta.

Let's first assess the positives. I'm happy that it's fun, and sassy, and vibrant, fits what Destiny is as a person and a performer. It's also neat, tidy, and professionally produced -- especially since this is such a mashup of genres, like there's electro swing, trap, and gospel at the same time. There are moments that made it potential to make staging and televote work in favor for Malta since they have such a big problem with it. Malta will probably gain more televotes in 2021...

...or could do worse. I'm really confused on why they'd like an electro swing for Destiny on any terms. The entirety of my first listen is filled with confusion because of the genre, and also sudden unease in my stomach, and also a facepalm. Maybe it's the choice of the genre, but then... I like electro swing, so wouldn't this be something that I like? And now, I feel disappointment and heavy-breathing, and I want to puke. IN WHAT PART OF EARTH DO YOU WANT TO CHOOSE THIS (OR THIS GENRE) IN THE FIRST PLACE!?

Wait, I'm getting subjective. The point is, even though it might satisfy you guys for having that fun factor and being an absolute bop, I'm also afraid that the genre will turn off a lot of viewers, and I mean a LOT. I feel Destiny should've get other genres that can represent her better without having to make me, you know (maybe RnB is a better pick, perhaps).

I've never been so disappointed in an entry before (except for Belarus). Is :3: already too harsh? No, maybe a :2:. Please convince me that this song is great.

Last edited:

midnightsun

Veteran
A bit messy, a bit trying too hard. Otherwise it‘s an okayish song, so 7 points. Liked her entry last year much better.

CPV4931

Better than last year for me :-) Besides Azerbaijan the second of today´s entries I love, 10 points

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
With that song title I initially thought it's going to be a pretentious scream ballad which Malta is a sucker for (and Destiny has the pipes to pull off), but instead we (fortunately) got Destiny channeling her inner Lizzo in a production that feels very British, but also exploding into a Caro Emerald style song in the chorus. I like her energy and fierceness, but ultimately this is a messy song and nothing on the level of "All of My Love" which got my 12p last year.

Gonna give it a :8: for now, I feel like the live performance in May will be a grower.

Ezio

Veteran
Such a versatile Queen. I am in awe. A strong contender for the crown.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
The Maltese song is more or less a Competent Toy. It's a better song, and doesn't get piggy-backed by annoying gimmicks and tryhard jokes, has a genuinely likable performer. WHY COULDN'T THIS HAVE BEEN IN 2018 INSTEAD UGH.

crashworld

Veteran
Another female empowerment anthem (with Russia and Latvia in the mix).
But I am not sure about the song though. The verses and pre-chorus are good, but the chorus is just lacking.
I do appreciate Destiny/Malta giving 2 different songs within the same genre. The music video is very well-produced.
But this is the case of artist is much more than the song. Destiny is definitely going to perform the heck out of it, so I can see jury love. However, the song is just not good compared to "All Of My Love" and I don't even like the latter.

I am giving this a :5: just for Destiny and her vocals alone.

Loindici

Veteran
The Maltese song is more or less a Competent Toy. It's a better song, and doesn't get piggy-backed by annoying gimmicks and tryhard jokes, has a genuinely likable performer. WHY COULDN'T THIS HAVE BEEN IN 2018 INSTEAD UGH.

it doesn't have a chicken sound, what do you mean it's more competent? xcookie

Top Bottom