So baby, it's not a maybe
Yeah, I'm too good to be true, but there's nothing in it for you
So if I show some skin, it doesn't mean I'm giving in
Not your baby

Je me casse, je me casse
If you don't get it (Je me casse)
Je me casse, je me casse
I'm not your baby

Boy, are you pouring that drink in my hand?
Thinking if I'm drunk then, I'll give you a chance
Boy, you keep buying and complaining so stop trying
Not gonna give it up and change my plans

Hell no, I'm not your honey
Hell no, I don't want your money
Got it wrong, I ain't into dummies
No-o-o-o

Not your baby

Je me casse, je me casse
If you don't get it (Je me casse)
Je me casse (Je-je-je me casse)
If you don't...

Ladies, if you feel like flaunting tonight, it’s alright, it's alright
Ladies (Ladies), listen to me!
Listen and go right ahead, show you're shining

If you don't get it, if you, if you dont' get it (Je me casse)
If you don't get it, if you, if you don't get it
Excuse my French

Baby, it's not a maybe
Not your baby

Je me casse
Je-je-je me casse
I'm not your baby​

Last edited by a moderator:

tkris

Ok, so that situation with Cyprus is not that bad overall. But it always made me wonder why EBU seemingly never did anything to intervene when it comes to Azerbaijan & Armenia kinda always swapping last places in their respective juries voting. It is foul and nasty.
Cyprus giving Israel borderline Top 10 jury points seem quite strategic, in order to avoid an outcry.
In fact that was the strategy , they placed the country exactly such that it receives 0 points. They placed it first in semi 1. They placed 7 songs from semi 2 which was arguably much weaker than semi 1 above Israel in the final , 2 Country from semi 1 above them and 1 Automatic Q.

There was a lot of discussion on it on forums . It didn't lead to a different result and hence people let it go.

In a year like this , when 10 countries can possibly win if they start avoiding giving each jury points , then it will definitely change the result.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
All of the latest posts can be summed up this way:

"I am butthurt because I see juries voting on a multitude of different songs every year, with a varied and different outcome every time, yet I try to make conspiracy theories about it because I don't like those songs, they shouldn't vote for professional entries, I'd prefer they would vote for my coprophagia-style of songs instead. I'm on televoting's side because I like the voting to be boring and predictable every single year."

Preuss

So, you think it's pretty normal that some countries are in let's say top5 with the juries, no matter what they send?
No, I don't think it's natural that some countries would be top 5 "no matter what they send" but people acting shocked and surprised every year when Sweden does well is so hilarious lol, then they'll make conspiracy theories to fit their own personal agenda. Sweden's not been sending entries where you can use that "no matter what they send" narrative because it's known within the fandom that they send entries of a similar genre, etc. - so those entries can't be "no matter what they send" because it's universally agreed that they send entries of pop, etc

midnightsun

Veteran
The voting would be okay the way it is if some countries would televote less for their neighbour countries no matter which song and some juries would vote less for the betting odds favourites they probably bet their own money on.
So both parties, whether televote nor juries, aren’t flawless.
And I don’t see a way to change that right now. Maybe less power to juries since they are just five people with the same influence on the outcome as millions of televoters but we definitely need them.

I think this year could be a change since I believe juries will be more daring in their voting, not only looking at the bookies favs or trading points with other juries.

I wonder if Destiny can show her abilities on stage; that symphonic version didn’t convince me much to be honest. Her vocals weren’t especially good. The song‘s most prominent feature is that it is really well produced; you can hear the quality when you play the whole ESC playlist. It’s such a big difference between Je me casse and the other songs. We have quite a good quality sound system at home and Je me casse is definitely the most outstanding best sounding song of all (yes I mean it!) songs this year in that playlist if you just listen to the music. But I doubt it will live up to the expectations live because I believe (I may be wrong) it will just sound half as good at best.

tkris

The voting would be okay the way it is if some countries would televote less for their neighbour countries no matter which song and some juries would vote less for the betting odds favourites they probably bet their own money on.
So both parties, whether televote nor juries, aren’t flawless.
And I don’t see a way to change that right now. Maybe less power to juries since they are just five people with the same influence on the outcome as millions of televoters but we definitely need them.

I think this year could be a change since I believe juries will be more daring in their voting, not only looking at the bookies favs or trading points with other juries.

I wonder if Destiny can show her abilities on stage; that symphonic version didn’t convince me much to be honest. Her vocals weren’t especially good. The song‘s most prominent feature is that it is really well produced; you can hear the quality when you play the whole ESC playlist. It’s such a big difference between Je me casse and the other songs. We have quite a good quality sound system at home and Je me casse is definitely the most outstanding best sounding song of all (yes I mean it!) songs this year in that playlist if you just listen to the music. But I doubt it will live up to the expectations live because I believe (I may be wrong) it will just sound half as good at best.

The number of people involved in jury should be increased and they should be asked to objectively mark the songs on set criteria : Music quality , presentation , vocals, etc rather than just providing a subjective ranking

So if all judges on average have given a song 3/10 on vocals , its neighbours shouldn't be giving it a 9/10 on vocals without facing a disqualification of their vote. Right now there is no system of a check!

ag89

Well... This morning, on my way to work, in the middle of Bosnia, on a local radio station known only in my area... They played Maltese song! I was like...What? So...Something is cooking. The guy even introduced Destiny (although he renamed her to Destinis :LOL:), but the fact the song was on the radio in a country that doesn't even broadcast ESC is really something. Just to add, they didn't play any other ESC songs, they continuted with local music.

VikingTiger

Well... This morning, on my way to work, in the middle of Bosnia, on a local radio station known only in my area... They played Maltese song! I was like...What? So...Something is cooking. The guy even introduced Destiny (although he renamed her to Destinis :LOL:), but the fact the song was on the radio in a country that doesn't even broadcast ESC is really something. Just to add, they didn't play any other ESC songs, they continuted with local music.

AND, I just came from the gym here in Oslo. And what where they playing? Je me Casse! xshock ...something definitely IS cookin!!

GianlucaTomoe

Banned

AND, I just came from the gym here in Oslo. And what where they playing? Je me Casse! xshock ...something definitely IS cookin!!

Omggg I'm so hyped now after reading these posts!! I need this entry to win ESC so bad

tuorem

Yeah, I'm too good to be true

tenor.gif

But there's nothing in it for you
So if I show some skin

ShortForsakenComet-max-1mb.gif

Doesn't mean I'm giving in
Not your baby

200w.gif

Je me casse
If you don't get it

J5eR_S.gif

Yeah, I'm just passing by to say the Maltese did that.

I'm still in the process of getting to know all the entries better, but as time passes, Destiny seems to be keeping others at bay in my book. I admit she is very gifted and by that i don't mean her range, there is quality to her tone and interpretation that transcends high notes and whatnot. A true vocalist they have here.

It's no secret Malta is one of my least favourite countries ever, the first time they entered my top 10 was last year, and despite that, I'm glad the cancellation of the contest benefited to Destiny, because "Je Me Casse" really is ten times better than her 2020 entry imo. I can understand people who think it's just another factory-made import - which it probably is - but all I hear is the colourfulness and powerfulness of it. Destiny sells it super well, it fits her like a glove imo.

I am still getting strong Grease vibes here and there, I assume some melodic lines are pretty close to "You're The One That I Want", but I don't mind it. I really appreciate the "bounciness" of the composition and get chills everytime the bridge comes, it's my favourite part for sure. The message is really "been there, done that" by now, but the way it's worded works for me: it does not feel cringy or obscure like the lyrics of "Toy" for instance.

Top 1 with juries is a lock imo, and the fact it's a former JESC winner will help in some way too imo. Televoting-wise, it's a true question mark. I think the Maltese would deserve not to get ignored, as they've never been so interesting to me. If someone had told me I would root for a Maltese victory this year, I would just side-eye them and move on. But I do. Apart from Lithuania, that's certainly the victory I would be the happiest about.

"Je Me Casse" en route to my personal first place? xmusic Sounds likely.

ESC94

Well, I finally made a conclusion what I think about :mt: 2021.

I wasn´t that impressed with Destinys entry in 2020, so I expected absolutely nothing from her. But I have to admit I really like the song!! The melody is really catchy, I like the electronic swing influences in the song and she´s performing like she´s already singing for thirty or more years, like a queen!! xheat

This is the first song from :mt: in a veeery long time I really like. Since I still like other countries like :fr: and :ch: a bit more I can´t give the top mark, but it´s still a very strong :10: for me!! xclap

Iker

Veteran
Yeah, I'm too good to be true

tenor.gif

But there's nothing in it for you
So if I show some skin

ShortForsakenComet-max-1mb.gif

Doesn't mean I'm giving in
Not your baby

200w.gif

Je me casse
If you don't get it

J5eR_S.gif

Yeah, I'm just passing by to say the Maltese did that.

I'm still in the process of getting to know all the entries better, but as time passes, Destiny seems to be keeping others at bay in my book. I admit she is very gifted and by that i don't mean her range, there is quality to her tone and interpretation that transcends high notes and whatnot. A true vocalist they have here.

It's no secret Malta is one of my least favourite countries ever, the first time they entered my top 10 was last year, and despite that, I'm glad the cancellation of the contest benefited to Destiny, because "Je Me Casse" really is ten times better than her 2020 entry imo. I can understand people who think it's just another factory-made import - which it probably is - but all I hear is the colourfulness and powerfulness of it. Destiny sells it super well, it fits her like a glove imo.

I am still getting strong Grease vibes here and there, I assume some melodic lines are pretty close to "You're The One That I Want", but I don't mind it. I really appreciate the "bounciness" of the composition and get chills everytime the bridge comes, it's my favourite part for sure. The message is really "been there, done that" by now, but the way it's worded works for me: it does not feel cringy or obscure like the lyrics of "Toy" for instance.

Top 1 with juries is a lock imo, and the fact it's a former JESC winner will help in some way too imo. Televoting-wise, it's a true question mark. I think the Maltese would deserve not to get ignored, as they've never been so interesting to me. If someone had told me I would root for a Maltese victory this year, I would just side-eye them and move on. But I do. Apart from Lithuania, that's certainly the victory I would be the happiest about.

"Je Me Casse" en route to my personal first place? xmusic Sounds likely.
Top 1 with a juries is a lock sounds like a stretch to me. She may, she may not. She is not performing in a vacuum, there are other entries that have some high jury potential.

theditz83

Veteran
So any sign of a proper live performance, as in her performing live vocals over the actual track and not a symphonic, unplugged or piano version?? I want to hear her live vocal at the right tempo and with all the backing track present - is that too much to ask at this stage??

GermanBango

Soo I can`t help but feeling that this might actually not do as well as people think it will. Juries will LOVE it for sure (Probably the Jury winner in Semi 1 and Top 5 in the Final) but honestly I`m not too sure about the televoters. I mean it will probably still end up in the Top 5 somewhere but winning ...?
Thing is Malta is trying a little too hard this year imo. The ad bombardment on YT and social media is completely over the top and something tells me that a lot of the views on the official video are bots/bought as the view/like-ratio is abysmal (at like 0,08%) especially compared to the other entries with similar viewing numbers (eg. Azerbaijan with 2,9% or Lithuania with 2,3%). That`s not a cute look, honey.

theditz83

Veteran
My expectations are realistic for Malta. I don't think it will get the runaway public support, but a lot of countries will really react to the message, to Destiny's vocals and to the infectious melodies and performance (can't wait to see the stage show they bring!)

Top 10 is guaranteed, I'm hoping at least Top 5 but I do think there are probably some slightly "safer" songs that will probably unite televoters more (Switzerland for example).

For me, this is the only entry from the Eurovision 2021 season that instantly loved from the first listen, so I'm sure it has the potential for other casual viewers seeing it for the first time to react in the same way. ;)

Top Bottom