6 4.2%

5 3.5%

2 1.4%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Sabrewulf238

I feel like the only thing Luxembourg has going for it right now are the "Hey you're back" votes.

Maybe that will still be enough to get them over the line.

Though I guess how much you care about voting that way might depend on if you have any memory of Luxembourg competing in the contest before. (or you're a superfan who loves old Luxembourg entries) For a lot of people I guess Luxembourg will just feel like a new country participating.

HarryUK

Veteran
I'm watching the interval back with all the former winners and it's reinforced my desire to have Charlotte Perrelli back for Sweden!!!

ZoboCamel

I'm putting this in the Malta-bucket of "perfectly functional but entirely forgettable radio pop." I never quite got the praise for it when the studio versions came out, and the live performance (while fine) did nothing more to convince me.

It does at least get a slight leg up over Malta for the native language, the decently moody verses and the less-irritating chorus melody, but that's still only enough to stretch it to :4:, I think.

Yoozek

That's a tough one to sing right, while it's not making a grand impression at the same time. Pity, that song written by Elsie Bay was a better choice imho.

SpiritofKeiino

I don't think this is qualifying. I struggle to see where it would get enough support from, to qualify. I don't believe the 'welcome back' vote is getting them over the line.

BernadetteCydonia

I don't think this is qualifying. I struggle to see where it would get enough support from, to qualify. I don't believe the 'welcome back' vote is getting them over the line.
the diaspora from that country will urge others to vote themselves (if not kicked out) and Lux

shameless

I think its not that bad? Might be a borderline qualifier like Albinas Tik Tok (which WOULD have qualified under the current system).

Phoenix

The production is kinda dated, it sounds like a song that would come out the same year when Ain't It Funny by J.Lo was a hit. You'd think that would be a compliment, but... eh, it doesn't do much for me. Hmm, they better invest in sim cards.

moop

went into this one expecting dogshit. 3 minutes later its my favorite out of the songs released this year. pure quality.

Wynnter

Not a bad return from Luxembourg after 30 years, though the staging for this one really needs to pop in order for some decent qualification and success at the contest. The song itself is neatly written and produced I guess? It does kind of keep running still for me personally. And doesn't try anything interesting for its duration. Amongst the competition it may easily get forgotten by me at least. I do like the french language though.

:6: points.

mup

Welcome back :lu:! It's cool to share talented Dardust as composer of this comeback entry! Good luck in May from :it:! (y)

mauve

Veteran
Had to downgrade it to a :2:. This song just gives me absolutely nothing. Hope Luxembourg comes back stronger with own songs next year!

Iker

Veteran
The production is kinda dated, it sounds like a song that would come out the same year when Ain't It Funny by J.Lo was a hit. You'd think that would be a compliment, but... eh, it doesn't do much for me. Hmm, they better invest in sim cards.

They cannot hope for any ... diaspora help which won't help Luxembourg as not many Luxembourgians live abroad and they themselves only constitute a majority of inhabitants in some smaller towns in their country nowadays. A lot of ethnicities/countries have prominent diasporas in Luxembourg on the other hand. I do wonder how much of this will be visible in the very first televote results from Luxembourg.

empo21

Veteran
Downgrading to a :6:

Luxembourg quickly fell into "reaching for foreign songwriters to make bland pop numbers" trap in their first modern eurovision (im hearing all the songs are produced by Tali Eshkoli's company?) This year they might qualify (I'm sure the hosts will make a big deal about their return), but this isn't going to work long term.

Top Bottom