1 0.7%

2 1.4%

2 1.4%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

ESC94

Today it was :lt: turn at the ESC kompakt songchecks 2024.

The verdict of the bloggers:

Benny - I jumped relatively late on the on the hype train, but "Luktelk" is a very modern song that is performed on a high class level by Silvester, both vocally and performance-wise. The lyrics are profound and you can hear the slight melancholy even if you don´t understand any Lithuanian. The song is a catchy tune as well. :10:

Berenike - Lithuania proves that modern is also possible in the national language. "Luktelk" is a phantastic electronic song. I like the melody, the driving beat and the harmonic sound effects - and the sound of the Lithuanian language. Even after countless listenings the song remains fascinating to me. :12:

Douze Points - You don´t understand a word for three minutes but still have a lot of joy with the song and performance. A very modern pop song with an exciting vibe and strong voice. Somehow I´m missing that last bit though. :10:

Flo - "Luktelk" would probably one contender for being a "dark horse" this year. What a sophisticated, cool and modern track. How nonchalant the performance of Silvestras Beltė comes across is very convincing. And to deliver such a memorable song in the national language deserves a successful coutcome in Malmö. :10:

Manu - Even though "Luktelk" stays basically on the same level vocally in the verse and chorus this electropop song isn´t boring for a single second. A driving beat that always puts in some little pauses and even bulits up for a short instrumental part offers the perfect ground for the calm, almost mystical chant by Silvester Belt. This could be a reasonable success after the ESC. :10:

Max - Who would´ve thought that Lithuania would deliver such a dark club banger?? I admit that I don´t celebrate "Luktelk" as much as the ESC fandom may do it now. However, I don´t know when Lithuania was this high in my ranking and where I didn´t skip its entry in my playlist. Thing´s are happening. :8:

Peter - I love 2024 and Silvester is a big reason why. This is a fantastic entry with a chance of winning. This is also suggested by the great acceptance of the Melfest Wknd video on ESC's YouTube channel. In addition to the exciting, sophisticated song structure, what stands out here is the haunting combination of a sophisticated, reflective text with the rhythm changes towards the driving beat in the last third of the song. :12:

Rick - Lithuania continues to prove that there are many hidden treasures in this country just waiting to get their chance on stage. With a convincing concept, they even prevailed against big names in the preliminary round: Silvester's casual style, the absolutely great beat of the song and the overall production are simply a perfect combination for the ESC. Additionally it´s sung in the local language. This is a song that truly reflects a nation's current music market. It totally gets me! :12:

musicfan

please don't worry about us. Monika Liu qualified from 3rd running order slot 2 years ago...
That was much better than this.

One of those I don't really get. Some people seem to like the groove or vibe of it, but there's neither a great hook or any real intensity to grip me.

Last edited:

Paco Roca

I like Silvester Belt. What little he does he does excellently. The bass sound is engaging, a small masterpiece. I predict a Top 10 in May xup

Grinch

What happened to Lithuania? When Luktelk was chosen, there was a huge hype around it. And then, nothing.

edyttak

Raiven was asked if she had to sing someone else's song, which one would it be, and she said Lithuania so i assume that's her personal favorite :)
Same with Belgium 🥰 Musti said he would like to collaborate with Silvester 🥳 it just shows how lovely Silvester is 😍 x

jatojo

I was being nice and gave this one a 5. It's an understated melody which I kind of appreciate. But I don't play it.

EscCarina

So, Silvester yesterday posted on his story some girl reacting to their staging and she said it gave her goosebumps and that they all look so cool. I'm getting excited on what we will see on 7th of May. Maybe TOP2 in semi is coming?

Ted Talks

I have to say that the more I’ve heard this, the more I’ve liked it. It’s one of just 2 songs that have grown on me this year - Italy being the other. There’s so few song I like this year that I will actively cheer this on now.

I like the vibe this has and Silvester seems really lovely and really sells it. I don’t doubt it’s qualifying, but I fear it might get a little lost in the final.

I hope not, but with more in your face entries it may get crowded out in the vote.

Top Bottom