2 1.4%

2 1.4%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Ezio

Veteran
It's not great, but this could be Lithuania's year for the win. With their diaspora and in a tight multi-country race this could sneak the trophy like Azerjab...Baku did.. We have had worse winners, so why not. When the Chutto Tutto Cheese did so well, then this would do much better.

gigi_copp3

It's not great, but this could be Lithuania's year for the win. With their diaspora and in a tight multi-country race this could sneak the trophy like Azerjab...Baku did.. We have had worse winners, so why not. When the Chutto Tutto Cheese did so well, then this would do much better.
We can't compare in this way. Chuto Tuto got a better result than Sentimentai. And I would challenge everyone of you to say that Chuto Tuto is a better entry. (For me, it is, but I'm the only Sentimentai hater in this world).
2023 was a week year, a two horses race. 2011 was an open week year. 2024 is an open strong year.

Ezio

Veteran
I think 2024 is a genuinely weak year. It peaked in 2021 and since then the decline is steady. At least 2024 is pretty wide open for almost anyone which means diaspora advantage.

Betwixt Tales

I think 2024 is a genuinely weak year. It peaked in 2021 and since then the decline is steady. At least 2024 is pretty wide open for almost anyone which means diaspora advantage.
I feel the same. I hardly like any of the songs this year. There are max 5 songs that I like. So when people keep going on about this being a strong year, I can't help wondering what they are on about, because.... huh? What are they hearing that I don't?

Juliette

I don't know about 2024 being a weak year, (some songs are better than others), but there surely are more wtfo_O songs this year. I prefer Silvester to last year's Monika by a mile, though.:love::coffee:

shameless

I like this very much! xheart It is a fresh sounding and very slickly performed pop song. I can definitely see :lt: in the top-10 this year. Maybe top-5? :mrgreen:
I would love them to finally breaking into the top 5. The fact that LT United and The Loop are the countries best performing acts is quite depressing.

Last edited:

rasmuslights

Veteran

2021 wasn't a strong year imo. We had Belgium, France, Italy, Bulgaria, Russia, Ukraine and Switzerland + a few decent girl bops that's it like the originality level was really low not to mention really bad songs like Estonia, Moldova, Austria, Latvia, Macedonia, Poland, Slovenia, Norway. And a bunch of mid and unoriginal songs such as the UK, Spain, Georgia, Albania, San Marino, Azerbaijan...

Like what is so good about that year, I really don't get it.

Ezio

Veteran
2021 wasn't a strong year imo. We had Belgium, France, Italy, Bulgaria, Russia, Ukraine and Switzerland + a few decent girl bops that's it like the originality level was really low not to mention really bad songs like Estonia, Moldova, Austria, Latvia, Macedonia, Poland, Slovenia, Norway. And a bunch of mid and unoriginal songs such as the UK, Spain, Georgia, Albania, San Marino, Azerbaijan...

Like what is so good about that year, I really don't get it.
So you find more stronger songs post-2021? Wowowowow

rasmuslights

Veteran
So you find more stronger songs post-2021? Wowowowow

As said, I find around 8 songs from 2021 strong, all others are either very mid or bad.

Well, I just compared what each country sent in 2021 and what they're sending this year and the result was 8 vs. 19 (and others were tied), so it's clear which year is stronger to me.

Ezio

Veteran
I genuinely dread this year but I had a shift in taste so who am I to judge profane things? Even Cha Cha Cha is torture now for me.

randajad

Veteran
As said, I find around 8 songs from 2021 strong, all others are either very mid or bad.

Well, I just compared what each country sent in 2021 and what they're sending this year and the result was 8 vs. 19 (and others were tied), so it's clear which year is stronger to me.
2021 is one of those years that felt strong at the time but is slowly aging badly. In retrospect, I think that the stage and amazing Dutch production overall elevated most, if not all, entries.

The other year I felt strongly positive about at the time is 2012, but nowadays I don't think I have even six songs that I can say are at least decent.

rasmuslights

Veteran
2021 is one of those years that felt strong at the time but is slowly aging badly. In retrospect, I think that the stage and amazing Dutch production overall elevated most, if not all, entries.

The other year I felt strongly positive about at the time is 2012, but nowadays I don't think I have even six songs that I can say are at least decent.

Yeah, I get that as well... It was strong back then but looking back at it it wasn't that strong.

But I was 19 at the time so my taste has ofc changed.

gigi_copp3

ESC 2021 is overrated due to the many girl bop proposals, and we know eurofans love them. In fact, they all flopped. I think all the NQs of that year, the three flop Big 5 and Netherlands (around half the entries) are no more than a 2

han-g

Stay didn't really do that well with the televote though (when you factor in the lithuanian diaspora)? Sentimentai had a much better televote score.

Fluke

I'm really surprised to see this doing so well in the speculations now. I guess it's because the song feels fresh and does what it does strongly, it has an element of Hardbass which is big in many parts of Europe and hasn't really been done in the ESC before.

I just don't get the staging, the singer seems shy and reclusive and is overshadowed by the other things on stage. With the same staging, i don't know how it might do but with a better staging, it could be very competitive for a top 5 placement.

crashworld

Veteran
Now that all the songs are out, I realize I have been too harsh on the song initially.
I do actually love Troye Sivan (his debut album is lush) and his voice actually reminded me of Troye's.

Upgrading this song to a :6:, currently my no. 10 in this year's contest.

Schlagerman1

Someone here who knows if there is a music video for"Luktelk" coming or if EBU plan to use the winning performance from the NF when he is all happy and excited as their "official video"? Doesn't seem fair to show that to people who haven't seen the songs yet (which I plan to do very soon). It is the only entry that doesn't have "Official Video" stamped in their title yet, so that is why I am wondering.:unsure:

Top Bottom