1 0.7%

2 1.4%

2 1.4%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

EscCarina

I do prefer Luktelk and I do want to see someone else representing Lithuania. I mean having the Roop 3 times in the last 5 years is a bit much.

Objectively, I do like the song a lot. It's much more restrained compared to their previous entries, which I respect.

Once again Lithuania has 2 options and both of them would end up (probably) in my top 10.

Lithuanians here, do you think the Roop have this in the bag?
The Roop has a chance of its big name, the song is beautiful and lyrics are meaningful, but as someone mentioned, I can't see them in top 15 in Eurovision, unlike Silvestras with Luktelk, it could possibly be one of the best tracks in the competition this year, also its in lithuanian and streaming number one here on every app. I think people of my country won't make a mistake and we'll see him in Malmo.

aef

I‘m a big The Roop fan, together with KEiiNO and Maneskin they are among the greatest Eurovision treasures of the past five years for me. And I must say that I also like their new song a lot! It’s totally different though, more mature and no real fun song (though it’s called Simple Joy haha). I appreciate it very much for what it is and the message of the song is great.

I think it actually could be top 15 at Eurovision again but I guess I’d also go with Luktelk this year. I love Luktelk and it would be something new, not The Roop again.

Last edited:

rasmuslights

Veteran
I‘m a big The Roop fan, together with KEiiNO and Maneskin they are among the greatest Eurovision treasures of the past five years for me. And I must say that I also like their new song a lot! It’s totally different though, more mature and no real fun song (though it’s called Simple Joy haha). I appreciate it very much for what it is and the message of the song is great.

I think it actually could be too 15 at Eurovision again but I guess I’d also go with Luktelk this year. I love Luktelk and it would be something new, not The Roop again.

I agree with you completely.

• Like It
Reactions: aef

njdevils94

Veteran
Monika Marija

The weird changed title aside, Monika Marija's song is really pretty albeit understated in the studio cut. :)

Instrumentation is absolutely gorgeous. She said she recorded the whole thing while in Nashville and you can definitely hear that. Can't wait to see the live performance on Saturday because every one of her songs is 10x better when done live.

With all that said I agree with comments that the acoustic piano stripped back version (a la Petunija) is far more powerful and if she makes the final I would be switching to that in Klaipėda. Will it win? I don't know but it will go close I believe.

MAD20

I think it actually could be top 15 at Eurovision again but I guess I’d also go with Luktelk this year. I love Luktelk and it would be something new, not The Roop again.

Agree 100% with you. I love The Roop, but I think Luktelk would be a much better choice this year.

aef

do you think another gay oriented song is a wise choice this year? xqueenbitch
Why is it gay oriented? In my opinion the song doesn‘t rely on any gay Eurofan cliché. It’s very contemporary, with a nice beat and good staging.

kamc

Loved both The Roop’s previous efforts but I’m struggling with Simple Joy as it’s just a little too cheesy and naff for my liking.

Top Bottom