1 0.7%

2 1.4%

2 1.4%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Neely

I was more in tune with the jury's top two tonight but nothing here to represent Lithuania in Malmö.

Only about nine songs left to be revealed so may yet be Monika or the The Roop as I'm not entirely caught up in the 'Luktelk' hype which just seems like a darker more competent version of 'Domanine Overdose' to my cloth ears.

CaraMia

Wow, I love "Impossible" by Shower. The guy really needs to get it off his chest. Also, it seems a very hard song to sing with a lot of things to say but the articulation of the words and the breathing are very well executed. It would be a great entry in a year that seems to be building up to have a lot of dance/electropop songs.

CPV4931

AlcOtraz

Il Senso are back with another popopera tune. Voices are great, but song.. nah not for me, not this time

Juliette

Il Senso are back with another popopera tune. Voices are great, but song.. nah not for me, not this time

I can't deny the fact I love classical crossover tunes ('popopera', if you like), but this something... even people of a certain age won't appreciate?:sleep:

njdevils94

Veteran
Danielė - Cold Shower

One of the better ballads in the selection thus far. Unfortunately it seems unlikely to make the final as she had next to no staging during the filming of the performance.

Lithuania. how dare you snub Anžela like that IOTAP
It was the best of the semifinals so far but the results for me were less than ideal. Anžela and Meidė should've made it to the final in my opinion. Was there anyone else you liked from Semi 3?

EscGeek

Veteran
It was the best of the semifinals so far but the results for me were less than ideal. Anžela and Meidė should've made it to the final in my opinion. Was there anyone else you liked from Semi 3?
Not really... which makes the end results even more baffling. The qualifiers from the first two heats made sense to me.

AlcOtraz

So here comes The Roop with their entry "Simple Joy". Quality done, but I doubt they'll be that big favorites like they used to be in their previous wins

njdevils94

Veteran
So here comes The Roop with their entry "Simple Joy". Quality done, but I doubt they'll be that big favorites like they used to be in their previous wins

Definitely different from their previous two entires but compared to Yes, I Do, On Fire and Discoteque the hook isn't nearly as strong. That's the first thing I noticed hearing it in full.

I like the quirky lyrics even if they are hit and miss and easy breezy feeling to it while listening. If the staging isn't up to snuff I'm not convinced it will win but wouldn't rule them completely out. Apparently Queen of Rose had a very good performance for their song at the Semi 5 taping.

AlcOtraz

Definitely different from their previous two entires but compared to Yes, I Do, On Fire and Discoteque the hook isn't nearly as strong. That's the first thing I noticed hearing it in full.

I like the quirky lyrics even if they are hit and miss and easy breezy feeling to it while listening. If the staging isn't up to snuff I'm not convinced it will win but wouldn't rule them completely out. Apparently Queen of Rose had a very good performance for their song at the Semi 5 taping.
Indeed, it reminds me of that year they entered with "Yes, I do". Again a song with a message, quite similar one. It not always goes well with an audience, some will get it, some won't even bother. With "On Fire" or "Discoteque" it was much more simple and straightforward. Now it will be more complicated I guess. Of course the main difference to 2018 when they didn't win is that The Roop is much bigger name nowadays compared to relatively unknown group to the masses back then, only by popularity they will get lot of audience votes and that should be enough to make it to Top3 in final and then have a big chance to win it in grand final where only TV viewers will decide. Nor Silvester, nor any other contestant has that big fans group. It's getting interesting anyways to have such discussion alone :)

njdevils94

Veteran
Semifinal 4 pictures

1. Agnė Buškevičiūtė - Puppeteer

1687057-24671-756x425.jpg

2. Il Senso - Time

1687071-987934-756x425.jpg

3. Kasparas - Fool

1687084-666452-756x425.jpg

4. Monika Marija - Starting Tomorrow

1687091-680023-756x425.jpg

mauve

Veteran
I am swimming against the stream: I never found Roop interesting. "Simply Joy" though is the best attempt in my eyes. :)

• Undo my Sad
Reactions: aef

Lietuvis

Simple Joy isn't bad by all means, but lower potential than their previous attempts. I just can't imagine it making to top15 in the Eurovision. Perhaps the staging could still make this better, but as someone mentioned the hook in this song isn't as impactful as "On Fire" was.

rasmuslights

Veteran
I do prefer Luktelk and I do want to see someone else representing Lithuania. I mean having the Roop 3 times in the last 5 years is a bit much.

Objectively, I do like the song a lot. It's much more restrained compared to their previous entries, which I respect.

Once again Lithuania has 2 options and both of them would end up (probably) in my top 10.

Lithuanians here, do you think the Roop have this in the bag?

Top Bottom