5 3.8%

6 4.5%

15 11.4%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Arrataquerrll

It is a nice song i give It a 7... However there is something really terrible about non English speaking countries sending to Esc songs in English:
I've carried sadness with me/ I hid It well since sixteen... A tiny bit WTF.
And then the chorus: just stay with me/my heart is bleeding/i need your healing... So easy to make It rhyme in English by using words which end in -ing.

NemesisNick

I watched Pabandom iš naujo! 2023 Final live, online from the UK, yesterday evening (Saturday 18 February 2023). Here is a video containing my opinions on all ten finalist songs in order of performance (based on Pabandom iš naujo! 2023 Final performances), and my ranking from tenth to first in My Eurovision Scoreboard. Towards the end, I've gone into greater detail about the winning song "Stay" - Monika Linkytė.
Nemesis Nick Talks Eurovision: Pabandom iš naujo! 2023 Final Review

Iker

Veteran
It is a nice song i give It a 7... However there is something really terrible about non English speaking countries sending to Esc songs in English:
I've carried sadness with me/ I hid It well since sixteen... A tiny bit WTF.
And then the chorus: just stay with me/my heart is bleeding/i need your healing... So easy to make It rhyme in English by using words which end in -ing.

What's wrong with the lyrics? Many people carry sadness within them. Or should we shy away from flat-out stating it directly in the song?

Last edited:

aef

So far I don’t have much to say about this, :4: points for now. There would have been more interesting choices…

MAD20

Not a bad song at all, but as always, I guess there were better choices. Anyway, :6: points for now

njdevils94

Veteran
Lyrics

Čiūto tūto
Čiūto tūto

I've carried sadness with me
I hid it well since sixteen
And all the crying, all the fighting
It kept putting out the fire
That burned so bright within me

As I look back to all those years
To broken dreams disguising fear
Being someone that I'm really not

Just stay with me
My heart is bleeding
I need your healing
Wait for me
Well, it ain't easy
To love someone like me

My heart is beating, my heart is beating
My heart is beating, finally, my heart is beating

I took it all on myself
I asked for nobody's help
Had to taste it and embrace it
All the bitterness of failure
To find myself within me

Just stay with me
My heart is bleeding
I need your healing
Wait for me
Well, it ain't easy
To love someone like me

My heart is beating, finally
Just ѕtаy

Čiūto tūto
Čiūto tūto
Čiūto tūto
Čiūto tūto
Čiūto tūto
Čiūto tūto

AlekS

Veteran
:5: points. The song is not bad, not something outstanding either. I like "her" 2015 ESC entry a lil' bit more, but I would prefer her 2023 vocals any time.

We also have the most diverse neighbours and the least in common with them.

Why do think the Habsburg monarchy broke up? Because the nations within couldn't stand each other and the rule from Vienna. Most of our neighbours hate us, except for Slovenes.

Besides German television, there is no shared entertainment market with any of them. Not even Swiss TV is watched her.

Besides that, 3 neighbours aren't participating in ESC.

And Germany has one more neighbour.

I beg to differ as a Bosnian residing now in Croatia.

Austria helped us a lot during the war, Croats in Zagreb and people in Sarajevo are proud of their Habsburg cultural identity because this is what makes them different from the Balkans, and many young people from CRO and BH came to study to Austria for free thanks to some old decree of the Empress Maria Theresa that Austrian government never set aside.

The truth is Croats dislike Hungary from those old times, and their nationalists still make claims on Croatian territory as they do with Ukraine even today.

The reason why people from CRO and BH do not vote for Austrian entries at the ESC has nothing to do with our differences regarding history or something like that. Rather, we have different concepts about what fun and amusement is all about. We may have preconceptions that Austrian sense for leisure time and music as well is too "cold" or "sterile".

We think the same about the Swiss as well.

From the neighbouring countries, we find Italy (not even Slovenia) to be the most similar in that regard to our menthality. Croatia regularly gives a 12 to Italy, either jury or televote. Inspite of Italy occupying large parts of Dalmatia and Istria after Habsburg Monarchy fell apart.

There, I hope I dissuaded you from the idea that we might hold grudge against you for something 2 centuries old. 🤣

Last edited:

martin

I like all songs from Baltikum very much this year. A very nice songs from Lithuania and i liked this a lot on first listening

Ezio

Veteran
I beg to differ as a Bosnian residing now in Croatia.

Austria helped us a lot during the war, Croats in Zagreb and people in Sarajevo are proud of their Habsburg cultural identity because this is what makes them different from the Balkans, and many young people from CRO and BH came to study to Austria for free thanks to some old decree of the Empress Maria Theresa that Austrian government never set aside.

The truth is Croats dislike Hungary from those old times, and their nationalists still make claims on Croatian territory as they do with Ukraine even today.

The reason why people from CRO and BH do not vote for Austrian entries at the ESC has nothing to do with our differences regarding history or something like that. Rather, we have different concepts about what fun and amusement is all about. We may have preconceptions that Austrian sense for leisure time and music as well is too "cold" or "sterile".

We think the same about the Swiss as well.

From the neighbouring countries, we find Italy (not even Slovenia) to be the most similar in that regard to our menthality. Croatia regularly gives a 12 to Italy, either jury or televote. Inspite of Italy occupying large parts of Dalmatia and Istria after Habsburg Monarchy fell apart.

There, I hope I dissuaded you from the idea that we might hold grudge against you for something 2 centuries old. 🤣

No one was talking about Croatia and Bosnia & Hercegovina.

Here is our list of neighbours for your further consideration:

Czechia
Germany
Hungary
Italy
Liechtenstein
Slovakia
Slovenia
Switzerland

Cold and sterile regards from Austria

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
10. Best entry so far. Catchy as hell and a great live performance. And I appear to be back...

Iker

Veteran
Btw. I have slightly warmed up to "Stay" after my initial disappointment of this song getting selected over at least a couple others.

7/12 from me in the poll

Luneaux

I don't know what to think of this, if you would ask, if I liked this - I do... But there's something which makes this a bit forgettable, there's no wow -element for me... A mediocre, listenable entry, as well... But I don't know... It definitely needs more than one listen to grab me fully, if it does, in the end... :unsure:

Last edited:

njdevils94

Veteran
Anonymous Jury results from the final. Monika Linkytė won the jury by 9 points. Juror #5 really tanked Beatrich.

1452527-818577-756x425.jpg

Top Bottom