You've seen it all before
We ain't got no taste we're all a bore
But you should give us chance
Cause we're just victims of circumstance
We've had it pretty tough
But that's ok, we like it rough
We'll settle the score
We survived the reds and 2 world wars

Get up and dance to our Eastern European kinda funk!

Yes Sir we are legal we are, though we are not as legal as you
No Sir we're not equal no, though we are both from the EU
We build your homes and wash your dishes,
Keep you your hands all soft and clean
But one of these days you'll realize Eastern Europe is in your genes

Get up and dance to our Eastern European kinda funk![/center:2kph9e6y]

AlekS

Veteran
Re: LIETUVA - Lithuania 2010

LRT's budget has been reduced on 6 mil. $ approx.
So withdrawing from ESC is considered as an option currently.
The ESC NF coordinator said that their bosses haven't had discussions about that but "such idea has already appeared - this is the fact".

source: delfi.lt

aletem

I still look for a great song from this country. Last year turned to be a good entry, after watching/listening it on ESC. Though, I do hope for something better. Lithuania had a huge jump on my list, being one of the bottom ones to climb in the upper half. I don't want them to withdraw, I wanna hear a song from Lietuva that I will love. :mrgreen:

TF100

LRT have notified the EBU that they are withdrawing, to avoid having to pay sanctions. However they may still reapply, the problem is securing the finances. However until further notice, Lithuania is currently out for 2010

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

Well, at least there is still hope. People like me who grew up and live in bigger countries sometimes forget how difficult it must be for smaller countries to come up with the fees for the contest......90 000 euros doesn't sound like a whole lot of money to us......
So my fingers are crossed.

Milos-BC

I hope they will not leave too.

Lithuania certainly isn't one of my favorite countries (i only liked the 2001 and 2004 entries), but still every loss in the Eurovision family is a huge loss. There is hope, of course....

AlekS

Veteran

They wanted to withdraw in 2009 but their withdrawal was solved in the last moment. They stayed.
Next year ... I don't think so, unfortunately :|
I know there are enthusiasts in LRT who want to keep ESC next year but their financial situation has already sucked big time, after crisis there are no options left :(

except... the Head of LRT said that they are gonna keep searching for sponsors till January. So there's a little hope still.

TF100

Predictably, LRT found a sponsor so Lithuania are set to be present in Oslo after all.

Milos-BC

All i can say is that i am happy that Lithuania is in after all :D
Hoping for a good song this year

Hero

Aiste Pilvelyte please

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

esctoday.com

In a press conference held this morning, the Lithuanian broadcaster LRT explained its plans for the country's national selection for Eurovision 2010. The submissions deadline has been set on January 24th, and it was revealed that 2 or 3 "visible" names in the Lithuanian music industry are interested in taking part in the competition.
The 2010 Lithuanian selection is restricted to Lithuanian performers or permanent residents only. In the case of bands, some of their members should be of Lithuanian citizenship. This rule does not apply to songwriters.

All those interested in submitting songs can do so until the 24th of January. The Lithuanian national final will take place in February or March, although the exact date has not been disclosed yet. It is expected that the public will have a say on the final outcome. The final list of selected performers will be made public on February 1st or 2nd. During the press conference, it was announced that 2-3 popular names within the Lithuanian show business have already applied.

Lithuania was strongly feared to leave the Eurovision Song Contest owing to serious financial difficulties. Finally, it was possible for them to gather funding from the company Teo LT, a division of the TeliaSonera group and "the largest integrated telecommunication, IT and television services provider in Lithuania", as they describe themselves. According to Nerijus Ivanauskas, deputy director of the company, "it was decided to support LRT for two reasons: the international image of Lithuania and Teo LT digital development". The exact sum spent by Teo LT has not been disclosed, although it was previously reported that the needed amount to carry out the Eurovision preparations in Lithuania is 300,000 litas (around 90,000 euro).

AlekS

Veteran

The NF will be in February-March though the exact date will be revealed only in the beginning of February.
Citizens from abroad as "featured performers" are allowed.
There's no language rule )))

TF100

Sasha Son (Lithuania 2009), Donatas Montvydas (2nd in 2009 NF) and InCulto (many previous NFs, biggest success in 2006) have said they plan to enter this year.

AlekS

Veteran

Sasha Son prepared 2 songs (1 fast, 1 ballad): "Yes to life" and "Panele".
"Yes to life" will be recorded as a duo with another performer.
His manager said that Sasha's entry will differ from last year.

Aist? Pilvelyt? will participate as well.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

One day after the Lithuanian broadcaster released the rules for the country's 2010 preselection for the Eurovision Song Contest, the first candidate song is already online. The first hopefuls are Inculto with Eastern European funk.
Inculto, the band who came second to LT United in 2006, have just released a first, rough version of their Eurovision bid on Delfi.lt. The band make it clear that this is not the final version of the song but they are presenting it to the public anyway to receive feedback and assess reactions.

You can listen to Eastern European funk by clicking on the link below

http://esctoday.com/news/read/14774

VictoriaLT

I'm very happy that Sasha Song decided to try again to win the competition here, in Lithuania, and go to Oslo this year. As I've read in his interviews it seems that these two songs gonna be totally different than was "Love". Can't wait to hear them both. ^^
And I'm very thankful for all sponsors who deiced to help. They did a great job.;}

AlekS

Veteran

Širdeles (Dainu Daina 2009) and Saules Kliošas (Dainu Daina 2009, Eurovizija 2007) will participate as well.

Top Bottom