Contact us

LATVIJA - Latvia 2010 - Aisha - What for?

how do you rate the entry?

• Total voters

Milos-BC

Even though I was a huge fan of this entry, it's not going to make it. Simply because her live performance is extremely bad. It's a shame because the song is truly great.

ParadiseES

I think this could still qualify. The song is so amazing that I could stand her vocal fails. We'll see :)

techstein

Love Aisha !!!She is totally adorable :) Good luck tonight!

AlekS

Veteran
Milos-BC said:
Even though I was a huge fan of this entry, it's not going to make it. Simply because her live performance is extremely bad. It's a shame because the song is truly great.
I agree with every word.
+ the camera work was way beyond horrible. Some close-ups (including one in the re-run) turned me off.

Tristran

Ever since they abandoned the laundry act (at least it would have gotten some attention away from her weak vocals), I feared this would fail to qualify. The studio version of 'What For' will remain on my MP3 player for a long time to come (love it!), too bad they couldn't live up to that in the live performance. :(

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Yeah, i"m a big fan of the song but it just wasn't that great live. Better than i thought but still awkward. Sorry Latvia for having to sit out another year, hopefull you'll be back in the finals next year.

Bojan

PEOPLE SHE'S TOO HOT TO NOT BE IN THE DAMN FINAL :evil:
lol but really I love this song and sad to see it out of the big finale :/

evilperson

Her vocals killed the atmosphere this song would have set and thus killed the chances for qualification.

ParadiseES

You know this song is in my top-10, but the performance was probably the worst of the night. Qualifying was not possible for Aisha ;)

aletem

I liked the choreography a lot. It was way better than having rudimentary objects for washing curtains and clothes. I think she gave a good performance. Her vocals were sort of bad, which was the main reason she stood out. Otherwise, I thought she could qualify.
The irony is that last year and this year the Latvian entries were pretty cool and didn't make it through, while the crap from 2008 did. :shock:

Dessi

I totally LOVE this song and I love Aisha. :D
BUT yesterday her voice wasn't good.
Too bad cause I soooooo LOVE this song. :(

I agree with ALETEM! *pointing to his post just before mine*

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Here is what Aisha had to say about the outcome

I think only God knows why it turned out like this. This was still a very nice experience for me, and I'm very proud of myself and my girls. I was crying when I came off stage, I was so emotional. We were strong, and I will have other chances. Now I will go in to do my job and sing for everybody.

wittgenstein

Matt said:
Here is what Aisha had to say about the outcome

I think only God knows why it turned out like this. This was still a very nice experience for me, and I'm very proud of myself and my girls. I was crying when I came off stage, I was so emotional. We were strong, and I will have other chances. Now I will go in to do my job and sing for everybody.

she's so funny. :D

PashonFrut

No offense, I think this was lame and that's why it didn't qualify. :|

markovs

Heard this on You Tube and quite liked it. But last nights performance was absolutely dreadful. Totally out of tune, and screechy as well. It didn't qualify because it stunk the place out, as simple as that.

Decent song, rubbish singer.

Sorry Latvia but didn't deserve to get through

Top Bottom