Contact us

JESC 2021

AlekS

Veteran
:fr: France was really good. 2nd consecutive victory?

My top 3: :am: :az: :ua: (was barely in the top 6 before the rehearsals)
Near the top 3: :fr::ge::mk::al:
No definite winners xpopcorn

Last edited:

I bims

Veteran
I cannot get historical figures on Instagram following but last year, it was glaring. Valentina published her song very late, France did not have a strong history on JESC but suddenly she won by a huge margin. What I found was that Valentina had this huge Instagram following on "Valentina Official", 300,000, that no other candidate had. If those people voted twice, which they were allowed to do, it accounts for 600,000 out of France's 700,000 televotes and she did post on Instagram asking her followers to vote "for France".
You are really overestimating the actual engangement social media accounts have o_O While you can have 300k followers that doesn't mean anything. Out of all these followers not even 10% give a like on her posts. Do you think suddenly they will follow a call to action, go on a different site and vote for her twice? That's not how social media works. Those big fancy numbers don't mean much. If she was lucky maybe actually 10% of those 300k voted for her ONCE. But that's already overestimating it.

Re Comrade Arpin
This whole thing just completely lacks any context. Do you have a link to that video or post? I want to hear her say it. And honestly... even if she said it...she's a child. She didn't support a currently ongoing genocide or discrimination against a minority, so it's really not that big of a deal.

Realest

Voted :de::ge::pl:

I bims

Veteran
That was tough... Voted for these:
:am::ru::fr:

But also considered these two
:mk::de:

Edit: Not the germans actually voting for Germany... guys pls

hpp0

I would vote for :pt: anyway but in the recap :fr: & :al: stood out the most for me so I gave the rest of the votes to them.

In general, the recap isn't a very good one (it has weak moments for most countries) but France and especially N. Macedonia seem to be in really good positions. Spain probably too but the clip they included wasn't very impressive.

Realest

That was tough... Voted for these:
:am::ru::fr:

But also considered these two
:mk::de:

Edit: Not the germans actually voting for Germany... guys pls

Pauline doesnt deserve the last Place she will probably get, so I had to..

Dr J

You are really overestimating the actual engangement social media accounts have o_O While you can have 300k followers that doesn't mean anything. Out of all these followers not even 10% give a like on her posts. Do you think suddenly they will follow a call to action, go on a different site and vote for her twice? That's not how social media works. Those big fancy numbers don't mean much. If she was lucky maybe actually 10% of those 300k voted for her ONCE. But that's already overestimating it.

This whole thing just completely lacks any context. Do you have a link to that video or post? I want to hear her say it. And honestly... even if she said it...she's a child. She didn't support a currently ongoing genocide or discrimination against a minority, so it's really not that big of a deal.

Re Valentina: All I know is that it happened. Valentina's huge instagram following translated into a huge majority. Whether it was literally the instagram followers who pushed her over the top or whether the followers total is just an sample of a lot of real fans who were not following, but actually voted, does not matter. Instagram in 2020 was a reliable indicator of support.

Registered users can see photos without following on instagram. These kids take following rather seriously. Following means you really really like someone. If they ask you to help them by making a few phone calls and you can get access to one or more phones, why wouldn't you do it for a superstar friend?

Re Comrade Arpin: You asked for a link. I actually put this link in an earlier post but here it is again. You won't hear her say it but you will see the caption she wrote. I'm sorry, "she's just a child" and "she's supporting an historic mass murderer, not a current one" look like excuses to me and not very strong ones. Every voter, young and old, must follow their conscience about what Arpin supports. Great respect for Armenia but no way I'll vote for Arpin.

I see now that the link shows the photo very well but not the caption. The caption is "new crush". To see that you have to go to "Malena"'s channel on youtube and then go to Community. It is the third photo on that page.

Last edited:

AlekS

Veteran
The jury show:

:de: Germany - her best rehearsal so far, imho. Maybe she can avoid the last place.
:ge: Georgia - he was visibly nervous, but the vocals were on point. He could relax until the culmination and give his best.
:pl: Poland - awesome performance. Applauds from press center during the culmination.
:mt: Malta - she was very emotional, a little bit nervous. He is VERY confident, unlike her.
:it: Italy - her best rehearsal o_O Very energetic, she delivered vocally xbow
:bg: Bulgaria - very static visually, but the vocals were perfect.
:ru: Russia - doctor did a good job, because she sounds great (almost). No screw ups this time.
:ie: Ireland - this is probably the last place tonight.
:am: Armenia - the most excellent rehearsal of hers. The first winner vibes.
:kz: Kazakhstan - they also delivered their best vocals. But the whole thing looks like a mess. Beknur is very charismatic in the end tho xlove
:al: Albania - great staging, but she sounds monotone((. Choreo is a mess tonight.
:ua: Ukraine - some additional effects: wind machine, the light on her hand. I liked her vocals from the yesterday's rehearsal slightly more, but I'm too demanding for our entries.
:fr: France - super charismatic as always xheart, it compensates vocal screw ups.
:az: Azerbaijan - very confident, she prolongates every note correctly this time. The new dress. The most stable vocals of the night.
:nl: The Netherlands - the press center is bored :oops: But she performed okay.
:es: Spain - his nervousness affected his vocals((. I was cheering for him.
:rs: Serbia - I'm bored by the song, but they look very cute.
:mk: North Macedonia - They sing within limited vocal range through the whole song, so the juries will probably not like that. But I like the song & visuals(y) Their best team work so far.
:pt: Portugal - weird choice of the closing song, but I think it works. He definitely stands out.
Very diverse contest this year and I LOVE it.

The press predominantly thinks that the winner is :fr: France. :am: is 2nd.

Last edited:
Top Bottom