Contact us

JESC 2010 - Minsk

Sim

On Saturday 20th November 2010 the eighth edition of the Junior Eurovision Song Contest takes place in the brand new Minsk Arena. The official website JuniorEurovision.tv lets you have a sneak-peak of the venue of the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2010 located in Minsk, the capital of Belarus.
The Executive Supervisior of the Junior Eurovision Song Contest, Svante Stockselius, visited the Host City of this year's edition. "I was impressed by the size of Minsk Arena. I'm also glad that it was constructed considering a possible TV-broadcast, because in some countries we have faced some technical problems," Stockselius said in Minsk, capital of Belarus. Pictures of the brand new Minsk Arena can be found on JuniorEurovision.tv.

During an on-line conference, organised by the broadcaster, BTRC, he pointed out the serious approach and two victories at the Junior Eurovision Song Contest which helped Belarus to become the Host Country of the next contest. He added: "The Host Broadcaster here in Belarus should work in a close cooperation with the EBU - everything should be organised at a high professional level. I am sure that there are professionals in BTRC, who can do it in a proper way."

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
arena2-RESIZE-s925-s450-fit.jpg

AlekS

Veteran
- Russia has already started selecting (internally) talented kids for the 1st prliminary round.

- Armenia plans to announce the open selection in the end of May-beginning of June.

- Svante plans to add some innovations to JESC 2010 but it's too early to tell.

ps. I like the Arena :D

AlekS

Veteran
Ukraine is in. NTU has already started the pre-selection. They've already aired JESC NF ads asking to send entries to the First National channel.

AlekS

Veteran
Ukrainian deadline for sending songs - April 12th.
The jury selects 30 performers on April 23rd and April 24th.
The semi-final is set on April 25th. Best 12 go tot he final.
The final concert will be hosted in Artek, Crimea on June 12th. The winner will be decided by televoters and the jury.

Belarus' will have preselection, semi-final and the final.
The deadline for sending songs is set on March 30th.
In April the jury will select semi-finalists.
The semi-final in June will be broadcasted on the TV probably.
The jury again will select 10 finalists for the final in September. The winner will be decided by televoters and the jury.

AlekS

Veteran
Ukraine has already chosen all finalists.

1. Roman Bendars'kyi
2. "Dyadya Slava + Inna Richie"
3. Viktoriya Litvinchuk
4. Tetyana Markovs'ka
5. Alisia Kalashnikova
6. Li
7. Valentyna Danylyuk
8. Daniela Yakobchuk
9. Anna Pryimak
10. Yuliya Gurs'ka
11. Christina Tkachuk
12. Dmytro Borodin (he co-hosted JESC 2009 with adult hosts)
13. Mykyta Ishchenko
14. Yuriy Kravchenko

A lot of familiar names. Nice to see Li again (Nguen Li, if I'm not mistaken).

imho it's time for Viktoriya Litvinchuk finally. I've seen her live when she was in my city, imo she has awesome vocals. It's a nice chance to hear something folky from her.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Cyprus national broadcaster announced today they will not enter the 2010 Junior Eurovision Song Contest. The entire show which will be hosted in Minsk, Belarus, is about to end up in a dead end. Sweden is also out of the contest, Moldova decided not to become a newcomer in the contest.

source: oikotimes.com

94ayd

To see if it develops but no... Plus, it's something connected to the ESC. At least Ukraine sends great stuff but always underrated as it's not enough childish. Which song do you like from the ones that have won? There are some OK but 2007 & 2008 are sooo bad.

AlekS

Veteran
Georgia 2008. Imo, it was THE most childish entry. It was just about having fun. Just like Verka on ESC. Ukraine 2008 was also the most childish (I disagree with you ... I really liked that little boy among dancers, awwww, muahaha) though it wasn't so ... weird, that's why it finished 2nd (the way how she improved her vocals comparing to the NF was fantastic btw o__0 ). I noticed that until 2009 all really young performers used to finish very high ... young kiddies who tried to look like adults didn't get high places. Georgia 2008 is totally opposite from Georgia 2009 for instance :lol: Russia 2009 was more childish than Russia 2008 (he looked like his parents forced him to sing an adult song).
Though when a kid tries to sing/look like an adult - it looks unnatural to me. Kids grow up very fast so it's weird when you see 15yo girl who looks like an adult and 8-10yo that looks really young. And you have to compare them.... hmmm, so it's like comparing an adult to a kid, go figure.

I liked JESC 2008 :) in terms of songs more than JESC 2009. Though I liked JESC 2007 less as well.

I liked Belgium in 2009. Ralf wasn't so bad too, imo he was also childish/fun... almost "teenage" star for kiddies :lol:
I liked our 2009 entry too but I understand that the majority didn't understand Ukrainian and they didn't know that he's physically disabled (that's why he had to sit). We knew him and we understood the lyrics that's why we chose him. Physically disabled kid cheering up adults ( :shock: ) looked... impressive. But we had no chances, let's be honest )))

JESC comapring to ESC is like another planet, it's something different. I don't want it to end.

94ayd

The best ever song in JESC - Ukraine 2007. Now that was Verka (some style there). ;) Pretty shocking place. Again too complex for such a contest... In ESC it would've done better. What I'm so shocked about is the terrible place of Bulgaria in 2008. The song was great as a melody and she sung pretty well for her age. Surely, the costumes could have been improved but it's not ESC, so yeah, you can't expect a whole bunch. IMO, this was too serous and professional again. Glad we don't take part anymore. Less countries do, actually. It's only the ex-Soviet ones plus Spain, Serbia & Macedonia now (might be wrong but it isn't much different).

AlekS

Veteran
^ LOL. She is from my city :cool: :lol:
I've seen her many times here.

Imo her vocals sucked comparing to our 2008 entry and of course she looked older in that costume cuz she was singing about school and she was supposed to be a serious teacher :lol:

Imo, we will choose a childish song in 2010 as well.
Btw, Svante confirmed 2 months ago that they have enough countries in order to start the contest.

ps. It's awesome though that among ex-Soviet countries The Netherlands won and Belgium finished 4th. Haters' stereotypes didn't work here.
The most obvious reason why these countries refuse and they don't hide it - financial reason. They cut expenses on ESC so I'm not even talking about JESC which is miles less prestigious.

Milos-BC

^^ Agree with every word :D

I liked how everyone ignored the fact that "a western country" won even despite so many "eastern european (funk :p ) mafia members" :lol:

Sim

I hope JESC can excist.
But ok ESC costs a lot of money, so JESC also, and I know many broadcaster can't afford this.

I think this is a nice format, but not always good excuted:)

AlekS

Veteran
Russian representatives
Elizaveta Drozd and Alexander Lazin - Boy and Girl
[youtube:33w95lsv]_Qe9Gr3xrIY[/youtube:33w95lsv]

according to Esckaz Armenian NF is set on August 12-15.
20 semi-finalists will compete in the semi on August 10, 10 go to the final.

aletem

How many (and which) countries take part this year in JESC? :)

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
So far the following countries have confirmed their participation

Armenia
Belarus
Belgium
Georgia
Malta
Netherlands
Romania
Russia
Ukraine

Sweden and Cyprus will not return.

Sim

9 countries :shock:
if this would be the end number, I think the EBU must think about new methods to attract countries.

Why Spain ever left?

They were the most succesfull country in JESC :shock:

Top Bottom