3 1.9%

12 7.5%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

ZoboCamel

Assuming she accepts the Eurovision ticket... eh. Not really my cup of tea. Song has slightly more identity than Malta/Luxembourg but otherwise I'm putting it in the same bin of "basic radio pop that doesn't really stir any emotions in me." :4: for now; hopefully it grows on me a bit.

That said, I guess I can at least appreciate Italy sending something different from their usual "ballad man" for oncexshrug

Geolier didn't win and that's enough for my poor soul tonight. Angelina is a 6 for me only, but it will work. I don't see her in top 10 in Malmö, it transpires Portugal 2023 results right away. Portugal's entry was also the Bubble's love, but it got lost in general audience's short attention span.

Since Måneskin Sanremo didn't succeed in producing 1 original or at least overwhelming song, and it shows a serious decline. The format also is torturing to follow so this was the last time I watched it.

Good night to all of you tortured souls here. 🤣

Loindici

Veteran
By the way, I'm not following Sanremo and I was just here for the win.

Listening to La Noia, gosh, it's such a supercar of a song. There are traditional elements here and there, vocal-demanding belts, fast rapping (if you guys call them rapping), fast part changes, dramatic/musical-like accentuations, an acapella section... you got every single skill weapon in just three minutes. However, this makes the song SO difficult to perform.

Seregil Korit

So happy with this result.
My third favourite for Sanremo overall but my second favourite in Eurovision so far (assuming she agrees to go, of course)!

Decayingbooks

I'll give it a :7: when the poll is up.
I like the instrumental a lot, but I don't find the song catchy, imho Annalisa would have been a better choice amongst the girls.
One thing about "La Noia" that I also like is that it has a lot of potential for a great staging, sadly we're talking about Italy Rai they don't care about staging their songs, but I would love if Angelina hired someone to elevate her performance, the song is begging for some dancers arround her.

jatojo

they hosted the last 5 editions, I think, and this was their final one so they said goodbye a bit more dramatically
Makes sense to some degree. But I didn't see it as drama, rather the opposite: no music and just them walking around saying thank you to all kinds of people, and then at the end they said thank you to the building the show had been hosted in.

jatojo

sadly we're talking about Italy Rai they don't care about staging their songs, but I would love if Angelina hired someone to elevate her performance, the song is begging for some dancers arround her.
I think it works fine without all the "oh we need some dancers" crap. The lighting and the camera cuts often produce enough energy, especially when there is already 'crowded' around the singer (=the orchestra).

But I do think the staging can (and of course will be) upgraded in Malmö.

Rasmus0714

It's simply impossible to predict how well Geolier would do in ESC, as the competition has never really had a mainstream sounding (i.e. non-ethnic) rap song like that before. The only decently comparable example is Mahmood. Also Who See, but that was more than a decade ago?
Well Mahmood can sing while he cannot rap/sing without vocoder, but it's kinda pointless to talk about it now:ROFLMAO:

esc87fan

I'll be waking up to the news of Angelina's decision since the winner's press conference will be held at 6am my time. I'm still positive she'll accept, if she does she'll be the first solo female to represent Italy since Francesca Michielin in 2016, and Dardust will have 2 entries competing (he is also the co-writer of the Luxembourg entry)

Top Bottom