3 1.9%

12 7.5%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

MS.

no, as a safe top 5-10 result. I don't see Irama and Annalisa as safe contenders for a top 10 tbh. It would really depend on the staging and competition but I think they're more like Francesca Micheilin types of songs. I don't think they will be understood by the international public as much.
What are you talking about...
Annalisa is leading the poll on Eurovision world. She has a big potential

I'm not as sure for Irama but he would surely get very high points from jurys.

Mainshow

Veteran
To be fair, Eurovision world =/= general public/Eurovision winners.

We just have to look at "Hero" (:se:) winning OGAE back in 2008 and basically not advancing to the final (televoting) :D

I'm sorry Italy, I don't see any of these songs coming anywhere near top 10 in May, except for Ghali, and that one as well under huge question mark.

I was the 1st 1 to complain about Italy always sending men to the ESC, but these 2 female acts are extremly annoying vocally and it's difficult to remember even 1 line of what they sing.

In a year full od female bangers they transpire San Marino and Cyprus 2021 failure.

Now given what Finland did tonight, this Super Saturday turned into a disaster.

And given the course of NS thus far, I start to think this year Croatia and Serbia will be top 5, and I would have never assumed sth like this.

Good night Italy, good night sanity.

JChan

normally, the sanremo superfinal is full of songs i ADORE and i would be thrilled to see win. but i just don't see the appeal with geolier and i don't trust the italian public to pick anyone else.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Angelina or Annalisa and I do believe i'll have my first 12 of the year. xpray

b4ld3r

It's simply impossible to predict how well Geolier would do in ESC, as the competition has never really had a mainstream sounding (i.e. non-ethnic) rap song like that before. The only decently comparable example is Mahmood. Also Who See, but that was more than a decade ago?

Sabrewulf238

Not watching the final but from seeing the list of who is in the superfinal I'm pleasantly surprised to see Ghali there, I enjoyed his song a lot.

I think either Ghali, Annalissa or Angelina I'd be happy enough with. Preferably not Geolier or Irama, they were pretty low on my rankings personally.

How does "quando quando quando quando" not live rent-free in your minds, guys?

Annalisa might not have had the best song this year but the song is memorable and catchy and not "forgettable" at all, imo.

Try singing the chorus. Try humming the chorus melodic line. Can you?

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Also would be great to see the 10 year-ish Sanremo sausagefest come to an end.

Etanna

I really think that Irama would be a jury pleaser and Annalisa's song is catchy and memorable for international viewers as well... "quando quando quando quando..." it might not be a "Euphoria" or "Cha Cha Cha" but it could work internationally.

What are you talking about...
Annalisa is leading the poll on Eurovision world. She has a big potential

I'm not as sure for Irama but he would surely get very high points from jurys.
tbf i was thinking about the public more than the juries, but I just don't really see a mass appeal in the songs for people all over Europe (and the world) to vote for them. They are okay songs but not special enough. I just don't see them creating a hype...

• Like It
Reactions: MS.

Sabrewulf238

How does "quando quando quando quando" not live rent-free in your minds, guys?

Annalisa might not have had the best song this year but the song is memorable and catchy and not "forgettable" at all, imo.

It's not even in my top 10 but "Apnea ah ah" has been playing constantly in my head the last couple of days...

Mainshow

Veteran
Try singing the chorus. Try humming the chorus melodic line. Can you?

I can't hum the entire chorus of :no: or :sl: either apart from a few lines but they are still on top of my list and very memorable, imo.

The "quando" part and the second half of the chorus, though, very memorable (and I can hum it but I can't hit any notes xD)

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I have this awful feeling that Dons' Hollow is going to somehow remain as my favourite song selected tonight. Ghali or one of the two ladies would make for decent entrants (not super faves of mine or anything like that mind you).. but things will go wrong.

AliceEsc

I always prepare myself to the inevitable losses and still haven't a proper defense mechanism.
Ugh, Tuta gold out of the top 5 xangry How?

Top Bottom