4 2.3%

12 6.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Paco Roca

As always I'm in big trouble ranking our songs since 2011, but even this year I'll try.
1 Zitti e Buoni Maneskin
2 Due Vite Marco Mengoni
3 Soldi Mahmoud
4 Fai Rumore Diodato
5 L'essenziale Marco Mengoni
6 La noia Angelina
7 Brividi Mahmoud Blanco
8 Follie d'amore Raphael Gualazzi
9 Occidentalis Karma Francesco Gabbani
10 Non mi avete fatto niente Meta Moro
11 Amore e femmina Ninna Zilli
12 Grande Amore Il Volo
13 Nessun Grado di separazione Francesca Michelin
14 La mia città Emma
Such an incredible journey these 14 years
Difficult to make a ranking:

1. Zitti e Buoni - Måneskin

They brought back the victory in Italy and in the world the interest in Rock (which had fallen from the mainstream). Damiano's voice is a precious raw pearl.

2. Soldi - Mahmood:

It was a breath of fresh air not only in Italy but in Europe. He made the roar of the Urban sound explode on both stages. A pioneer in a sea of Pop in sweet and sour sauce.

3. Fai Rumore - Diodato:

Among the most impactful ballads of all time. It was a song that truly took listeners into a dream world of memories and feelings. It probably also owes much of its strength to Covid. A perfect song for the historical period.

4. Non mi avete fatto niente - Fabrizio Moro & Ermal Meta:

One of the most robbed songs at ESC. Not only was it a Folk of fine workmanship but it had a powerful social message.

5. Grande Amore - Il Volo:

They brought Pop Opera back into vogue both in Italy and at the ESC. A song of devastating power capable of messing up any hair. Another sensational Eurovisual theft.

6. La Noia - Angelina Mango:

At the moment, as a new entry, you place it here. Explosion of Latin sound without falling into Euro-Dance in watered-down Spanish sauce brought from various non-Mediterranean countries. Together with Fuego and SloMo it is the best of its kind. The only difference is the originality of Cumbia. Another breath of fresh air. Sophisticated lyrics and stage presence complete an excellent product. Italy has shown that it only sends women when they are highly competitive and not because it follows a New Age feminist doctrine. Will Angelina be the new Cinquetti? Only time will tell.

7. L'Essenziale - Marco Mengoni:

Ballad with great emotional power. The first Mengoni shocked Europe with an excellent vocality.

8. Due Vite - Marco Mengoni:

Excellent song, artistic maturity, right Top 5 but, compared to "L'Essenziale", it is a bit overrated.

9. Follie d'amore - Raphael Gualazzi:

Good song, the first step towards the Italian return, musical competence but a little overrated. I place him above others only because of the importance of his candidacy.

10. Occidentali's Karma - Francesco Gabbani:

Funny but also philosophical song. The dancing monkey was epic. Right Top 10 but the victory would have been a steal.

11. L'amore è femmina - Nina Zilli:

Before Angelina Mango, the modern Italian who did well at the ESC. Here too we were able to notice that when an Italian woman brought something good, she was rewarded.

12. Brividi - Mahmood & Blanco:

During the first night of Sanremo they were magical and could have been high in this ranking if only they had not steadily dropped from the second evening until the end of ESC 2022. The performance in Turin was painful and the sixth position screams a bit ' of theft. It can be said that Mahmood's presence, the excellent video and promotion guaranteed extra points. Right location? The ninth or tenth.

13. Nessun Grado di Separazione - Francesca Michelin:

Ironic. When Sanremo didn't bring its winner it never managed to go beyond expectations. Nice but average song.

14. La mia città - Emma:

Identical consideration by Michielin. Nice but average song and then she played badly live. The only Italian slip-up. She could have saved the jury but Italy and juries have never been friends haha.

Italy has brought different genres and a lot of quality over the years. A nice trip, yes.

b4ld3r

I think hosting one more time might be what solidifies a wider audience. If they manage to keep the quality up, then Italy will obviously win again within a decade.

mup

I think hosting one more time
I don't think this would be a wise idea. xthink To me, RAI deep down still doesn't care about hosting (again).
Still, I don't know how :it: will place with our singer being female.

aef

:it: initially got :7: points from me and still is a solid 7 song for me right now. Not more, not less. It's definitely not among my favourite :it: songs of the past years but somehow it manages to actually be the #1 song of my current ranking. So far, this year feels quite underwhelming songwise. But of course there is still quite a long way to go until we know all 37 songs. There will be some nice uptempo songs from :hr: :ee: :at: for example so that will make me happier. What's really missing so far in my opinion is a strong quality song. A song that is an actual contender for the victory because it's both jury and televoter friendly. :ua: leading the odds is a big joke, it's only due to the political situation and the potential of strong televoting, not due to the song. The song is really not doing anything to me tbg. :uk: might have a chance for a top 3 result due to Olly's star factor. But based on the short snippet, I feel like the song will be rather underwhelming. So :it: is the strongest contender in my opinion so far, though I'm not getting actual winner vibes.

njdevils94

Veteran
You really know how to anger Neapolitan supremacists further. :ROFLMAO:
No I wasn't trying to do that. :lol:

Naples is too basic of an answer and Basilicata the province Angelina is from didn't have a lot of choices so I had to go for one in neighboring Campania.

mup

Sanremo 2024 contestant, Sangiovanni, decided to take a break from his career due to mental health issues and "lack of energy". His new album "Privacy"'s release will be delayed, as well as his concert in the Forum of Assago originally scheduled for October 5th.
I feel bad for him, hope he gets better soon.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C3XrBP-tpxP/
Poor guy, many things went wrong for him. :( We ofter forget about the human aspect of these competitions. Seems like he's the reverse Tananai, with a bleak outlook.

njdevils94

Veteran
I didn't expect that. :oops:
Yeah, I thought Conti did a good job in his previous spell. Especially in 2017 when he co-hosted with Maria De Filippi. That was the first Sanremo I watched live and one of the more underrated editions in general.

mup

Yeah, I thought Conti did a good job in his previous spell. Especially in 2017 when he co-hosted with Maria De Filippi. That was the first Sanremo I watched live and one of the more underrated editions in general.
And he launched 3 future Sanremo winners (+ Irama) in his 2016 Sanremo Newcomers competition! (y)

SANREMO-VINCITORE-NUOVE-PROPOSTE-2016.jpg

nudiecrudi

Top Bottom