E ti vorrei amare, ma sbaglio sempre
E mi vengono i brividi, brividi, brividi​

Last edited by a moderator:

Mrm

Veteran

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
@RainyWoods and @Morocco2021

If you haven't experienced Iva's last night's miracle, you simply have immediatelly! xcry

This is EXTRAORDINARY! xbow

Sensational. Why is she being so criminally underscored? Each night she delivers these earth-shatteringly good performances to standing ovations and she's currently sitting in 17th. Lots of good performances there, sure, but I find Iva to be in a different league.

ag89

Just a small reminder for Italy: male duos have a successful history in Eurovision. Ireland won with a male duo in 1994, Estonia won in 2011, Latvia came 5th with a duo in 2005 and Italy also came 5th in 2018 coming 3rd with a televote few points behind Cyprus... So, choose wisely tonight. :)
Anyway, there are at least 6 songs from Sanremo that can easily end up in top 5 at ESC. A zero point host nation will not happen this year.

nudiecrudi

Here an article what Gino Paoli thinks about Mahmood and Blanco cover of his Il cielo in una stanza.
I wasn't wrong at all guys. The duo was very professional last night.
They have taken things seriously, don't think the same thing about Irama, possibly drunk and very messy

nudiecrudi

Just a small reminder for Italy: male duos have a successful history in Eurovision. Ireland won with a male duo in 1994, Estonia won in 2011, Latvia came 5th with a duo in 2005 and Italy also came 5th in 2018 coming 3rd with a televote few points behind Cyprus... So, choose wisely tonight. :)
Anyway, there are at least 6 songs from Sanremo that can easily end up in top 5 at ESC. A zero point host nation will not happen this year.
1987 Italy 3rd place with Raf and Umberto Tozzi
Evergreen Gente di mare.

Jopi

Oki time for my ranking. Amazing Sanremo again this year!

My absolute favorite is Irama(:love:xheat), that song is so stunning and close to my heart now, his vocals are amazing??? (i actually am shocked how good he can sing?) He has been hiding those vocals for years :unsure: I hope he still has some chances for podium, he deserves it.

1. Irama – Ovunque Sarai 10/10
2. Sangiovanni – Farfalle 10/10
3. Achille Lauro – Domenica 10/10
4. Mahmood x Blanco – Brividi 10/10
5. Matteo Romano – Virale 10/10
6. Dargen D'Amico – Dove Si Balla 10/10
7. Ana Mena – Duecentomila ore 10/10
8. Aka 7even – Perfetta Cosi 9/10
9. La Rapresentante Di Lista – Ciao Ciao 8/10
10. Elisa – O Forse Sei Tu 8/10

11. Michele Bravi – Inverno Dei Fiori 8/10
12. Fabrizio Moro – Sei Tu 7/10
13. Tananani – Sesso Occasionale 7/10
14. Le Vibrazioni – Tantissimo 7/10
15. Emma – Ogni Volta E Cosi 7/10
16. Noemi – Ti Amo Non Lo So Dire 7/10
17. Massimo Ranieri – Lettera Di La Dal Mare 7/10
18. Gianni Morandi – Apri Tutte Le Porte 7/10
19. Highsnob x Hu – Abbi Cura Di Te 6/10
20. Rkomi – Insuperabile 6/10

21. Ditonellapiaga & Retttore – Chimica 5/10
22. Giusy Ferreri – Miele 5/10
23. Giovanni Truppi – Tuo Padre, Mia Madre, Lucia 4/10
24. Iva Zanicchi – Voglio Amarti 4/10
25. Yuman – Ora E Qui 4/10

Oki time for my ranking. Amazing Sanremo again this year!

My absolute favorite is Irama(:love:xheat), that song is so stunning and close to my heart now, his vocals are amazing??? (i actually am shocked how good he can sing?) He has been hiding those vocals for years :unsure: I hope he still has some chances for podium, he deserves it.

1. Irama – Ovunque Sarai 10/10
2. Sangiovanni – Farfalle 10/10
3. Achille Lauro – Domenica 10/10
4. Mahmood x Blanco – Brividi 10/10
5. Matteo Romano – Virale 10/10
6. Dargen D'Amico – Dove Si Balla 10/10
7. Ana Mena – Duecentomila ore 10/10
8. Aka 7even – Perfetta Cosi 9/10
9. La Rapresentante Di Lista – Ciao Ciao 8/10
10. Elisa – O Forse Sei Tu 8/10

11. Michele Bravi – Inverno Dei Fiori 8/10
12. Fabrizio Moro – Sei Tu 7/10
13. Tananani – Sesso Occasionale 7/10
14. Le Vibrazioni – Tantissimo 7/10
15. Emma – Ogni Volta E Cosi 7/10
16. Noemi – Ti Amo Non Lo So Dire 7/10
17. Massimo Ranieri – Lettera Di La Dal Mare 7/10
18. Gianni Morandi – Apri Tutte Le Porte 7/10
19. Highsnob x Hu – Abbi Cura Di Te 6/10
20. Rkomi – Insuperabile 6/10

21. Ditonellapiaga & Retttore – Chimica 5/10
22. Giusy Ferreri – Miele 5/10
23. Giovanni Truppi – Tuo Padre, Mia Madre, Lucia 4/10
24. Iva Zanicchi – Voglio Amarti 4/10
25. Yuman – Ora E Qui 4/10
I admit that Irama's singing style this year, the vocal power of the song itself make me imagine that he has achieved an "international style". His song would not suffer in the slightest from the English translation on the contrary, it would become stronger. This year it is possible that he could take back the victory the Måneskin took from him last year.

Beyond repeating that this year there is a very high general quality and that several pieces could be good for the ESC, I pause to reflect on Matteo Romano. For me he is a singer with a lot of quality. I don't know but I see it as a contender who could do very well in other European festivals (especially Scandinavian / Baltic ones). Of course, this is pure fantasy but in its musical composition and in the way it moves on stage I saw a resemblance to a part of Northern European music (which unlike what many believe, I don't snub at all and admire a lot).

Jopi

I don't think he would need to translate one bit of Ovunque Sarai in English, the lyrics is stunning in Italian. But yes, his voice and vocal power during this song is amazing, I wish I can see him in esc stage (well I've been wishing that since 2019 :LOL: )

For me, the songs with most esc potential are (in order):

Ovunque Sarai
Brividi
Farfalle
Virale
Ciao Ciao

Chaos in Mahmood's love life. Although the rapper appears to be engaged to a girl, he has never denied a relationship with a man (some names have been made and you can read them on the articles). A state of amorous unhappiness and the reserve of the singer drove the Italian gossip crazy. Is it possible that "Brividi" is a slightly autobiographical song where the artist wants to shyly glimpse his feelings? Could it be a shy coming out? That the sense of the song about the fear of being inadequate, especially when it comes to love, hides something deeper? xthink

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
"Brividi" is actually pretty nice, I would like to see it in May. How on earth is Gianni Morandi doing so well? I thought it would be a nostalgia act at best but people (other than my father lol) are actually strongly voting for it?

sucof

tonight the festival ends, the dream ends, a "holy" and enchanting week where politics, the economy and the virus have temporarily gone on vacation, where you live on gossip, music, Fantasanremo and social media. Tomorrow morning we will all wake up a little sad, thanks Sanremo!
ps Thanks for the "champion of italy" trophy! This forum gives a lot of satisfaction, surely it gives you more rewards than in real life ehehehe

FK2Z6IOX0AAHVGD

Last edited:

hzalfa

I couldn't follow Sanremo yesterday, but my question is: it seems like M&B are still the favorites. Is there a chance at all that someone else wins, if so who is still in the run?
The way I see it, Elisa is the only one with a slight chance of beating them. If she manages to enter the top 3, which is not even a certainty at this point, then the press and demoscopic jury might support her over Mahmood&Blanco, but a win like this would require for the televote not to be completely monopolized by them AND the 2 juries to rally behind her with a big percentage of votes. If Elisa is not in the top 3then the juries will support Mahmood & Blanco over literally anyone else.

"Brividi" is actually pretty nice, I would like to see it in May. How on earth is Gianni Morandi doing so well? I thought it would be a nostalgia act at best but people (other than my father lol) are actually strongly voting for it?
He is a very likable and funny person who is very active on social media and has a big following even among young people on these platforms

Top Bottom