6 3.6%

6 3.6%

6 3.6%

53 31.5%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Please keep discussion in this thread specific to Eden Golan and her song, Israel's (potential) participation in Eurovision 2024 and discussions or remarks from other countries and organisations about Israel's participation.

Any further discussion of a political or humanitarian nature not relating to specifically Israel in Eurovision 2024 needs to go into the politics sub-forum. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mainshow

Veteran
Why should the EBU be doing something regarding "mentioning the army as part of the National Final?"

As long as the broadcaster doesn't get suspended because of violating EBU's guidelines, they can do whatever they want with their NF's.

The EBU basically allowed ruZZia to let a military choir perform whilst tanks were on the Eurovision stage back in 2009 - shortly after having illegally annexed Georgian territories.

MopManMoss

Veteran
The EBU don't care as long as the money keeps coming in,very typically swiss. They have retained Moroccan oil as a sponsor which is an israeli company there is zero chance israel will be kicked out anyone thinking otherwise (nearly all of eurovision twitter) is very naive

Andromache

I won't visit Eurovoix anymore. Israel is not the oppressor here. It's the terror group hamas. I'm so tired of naive Europeans. It's easy to live in the west and talk about world peace. Ukraine and Israel have every right to defend themselves and they should defend themselves. Israel should absolutely stay in Eurovision and twitter can stay pressed.

EscGeek

Veteran
Israel has been at war with Palestine since 1948 but only now in 2024, the country is not welcome in the contest? This is ridiculous like the time when suddenly everybody had an issue with Belarus being a dictatorship.
Stop. Mixing. Politics. With. Our. Beloved. Contest. xgaah

Do we really need the participation fee to go up even further?

Mainshow

Veteran
They should have waited until the first episode to air...
I hate Eurofans to be naive as hell.
We can't make fundamental events around Europe and other participating countries go away so that they "don't interfere with our beloved contest".
The EBU will clearly not allow artists dressed in uniform to perform (e.g. Switzerland 2013) but we've had people dressed in uniform or actual soldiers hitting the stage before and Eurovoix still reported on these countries/National finals

(soldier/military references and footage in the postcard)

I'll not comment on how some hosts tried to convey a political agenda on millions of Eurovision viewers (tanks on the stage + a whole military choir in uniform in Moscow or a avantgarde dance group portraying the struggling and drowning of refugees in the Mediterranean Sea and asking the European audience "to take them in" in Stockholm) or Eurovision incidents from Icelandic, Armenian, Ukrainian, Portuguese artists on Eurovision camera or at the press centre and they continued reporting on Hatari, Iveta, Kalush Orchestra, Salvador.

They could have silently refrained from reporting on each and every tiny aspect of the Israeli participation this year (and just focus on the actual results of every heat) but now, without waiting for the first episode, they somehow look kinda pathetic.

Last edited:

PolarFoxxie.

Israel stays in Eurovision and if Euro fans don't like it. Even better.

You cannot anticipate 41 songs and stories in same time trying to cry on social media over Israel. You also cried over kaarja you know who you are and the earth didn't stop spinning and jurry is still there. Cry more cry babies.

PolarFoxxie.

They're just giving Israel even more publicity with that. Also who cares. Will they boycott Israel if they win. How can their readers know who actually won.. this is not north Korea. Also who cares about them. There are dozens of others Eurovision outlets.

jatojo

Israel stays in Eurovision and if Euro fans don't like it. Even better.

You cannot anticipate 41 songs and stories in same time trying to cry on social media over Israel. You also cried over kaarja you know who you are and the earth didn't stop spinning and jurry is still there. Cry more cry babies.
It seems you're mixing things up. If a nation adds state-organized political views to their Eurovision entries, it's a problem, no matter which nation we're dealing with.

njdevils94

Veteran
They should have waited until the first episode to air...
I hate Eurofans to be naive as hell.
We can't make fundamental events around Europe and other participating countries go away so that they "don't interfere with our beloved contest".
The EBU will clearly not allow artists dressed in uniform to perform (e.g. Switzerland 2013) but we've had people dressed in uniform or actual soldiers hitting the stage before and Eurovoix still reported on these countries/National finals

(soldier/military references and footage in the postcard)

I'll not comment on how some hosts tried to convey a political agenda on millions of Eurovision viewers (tanks on the stage + a whole military choir in uniform in Moscow or a avantgarde dance group portraying the struggling and drowning of refugees in the Mediterranean Sea and asking the European audience "to take them in" in Stockholm) or Eurovision incidents from Icelandic, Armenian, Ukrainian, Portuguese artists on Eurovision camera or at the press centre and they continued reporting on Hatari, Iveta, Kalush Orchestra, Salvador.

They could have silently refrained from reporting on each and every tiny aspect of the Israeli participation this year (and just focus on the actual results of every heat) but now, without waiting for the first episode, they somehow look kinda pathetic.
What's even funnier is Eurovoix just put an article out a few days ago about the Russian government/ministry of culture trying to bring back Intervision (a singing competition than involved ex-Soviet nations in from 1977-80 and brought back for a year unsuccessfully in 2008) and inviting all BRICS nations. Would that not be considered propaganda as well? :unsure:

Last edited:

pardoESC

The thing about their "army uniform" is funny to me. How do they imagine a singer selection program for Eurovision in wartime? What do they invent? Ignore the war? Israel has an army conscription obligation from the age of 18 and also operates a reserve service for people who have graduated from the army. So that 70 percent of the contestants this year will be in uniform. So ignore them too when they are in wartime?

MopManMoss

Veteran
The thing about their "army uniform" is funny to me. How do they imagine a singer selection program for Eurovision in wartime? What do they invent? Ignore the war? Israel has an army conscription obligation from the age of 18 and also operates a reserve service for people who have graduated from the army. So that 70 percent of the contestants this year will be in uniform. So ignore them too when they are in wartime?
Vidbir didn't have judges in army clothes and Ukraines situation Is a lot worse than yours

hijirio

Veteran
The EBU don't care as long as the money keeps coming in,very typically swiss. They have retained Moroccan oil as a sponsor which is an israeli company there is zero chance israel will be kicked out anyone thinking otherwise (nearly all of eurovision twitter) is very naive
my dumb ass thinking all along it's a moroccan company, wondering why morocco even sponsors a show they withdrew from 40 years ago

hijirio

Veteran
If a country is currently involved in an active conflict, they shouldn't be competing.

There are more important things in life than receiving a couple of douze points.

tempsnip2.png

Charly

my dumb ass thinking all along it's a moroccan company, wondering why morocco even sponsors a show they withdrew from 40 years ago

The only thing Moroccan about it is that they used Argan oil extracts which can only be produced by tree climbing goats in Morocco :lol:

which itself I guess its there key ingredient fir any of their products

Lance Esgard

Hey, I'm worse. I keep thinking Moroccan Oil is both Moroccan and an oil company (as in petroleum) then learning it is really just haircare products, before I eventually forget this and have to go through the cycle all over again.

hijirio

Veteran
Hey, I'm worse. I keep thinking Moroccan Oil is both Moroccan and an oil company (as in petroleum) then learning it is really just haircare products, before I eventually forget this and have to go through the cycle all over again.
SCREAMING SAAAAAAAAME!!!!!!!!!!
Im always like oh well I was today years old when I learnt morocco is an oil rich country,,,,,,,,,,

Charly

Maybe soon 😂

Top Bottom