6 2.8%

4 1.8%

6 2.8%

82 37.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Please keep discussion in this thread specific to Eden Golan and her song, Israel's (potential) participation in Eurovision 2024 and discussions or remarks from other countries and organisations about Israel's participation.

Any further discussion of a political or humanitarian nature not relating to specifically Israel in Eurovision 2024 needs to go into the politics sub-forum. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

grazy2266

Hmmm this will obviously do well in televote. But hmmmmm this will obviously do very high in jurry. Very strong emotional ballad with very strong voice. Hmmmm this means only once. Let me show you Tel Aviv. Nice, it's funny how the tables have turned.
I can tell you now, if Israel did do well enough to win the contest it wouldn't be held in Israel next year, that's just a given fact and would give the EBU a massive headache.

LivingOrganism

Luckily for me I was off the forum for some time and then unluckily for me I decided to check out the reactions to the 2nd semifinal here. Let me just tell you people, it's sad how bitter and short-sighted some of you are. You can like the song or you can dislike the song, there's nothing wrong in either, but let's be honest here. Do you seriously think there's some sort of Jewish rally all around the world to make Eden win? Do you think casual eurovision viewers will go out of their way and pay to vote for Eden just because she's Jewish and they want to "support Israel", or maybe it's just another case of people complaining about a song, just because a lot of other people like it and they don't. I for once do like Eden's song despite the fact that I don't care about the war in Israel and it's not even close to being a factor for me. It's just a very good song in my opinion. Eden has great vocals and the on-stage performance works really well. I don't care if people "boo" her or anything like that, because I can't bring myself to treat people like that seriously.
So in short there's three packs of people - those who like Hurricane, those who don't like Hurricane (which is absolutely fine) and those who think they'll be cool and funny if they hate on Eden because "Israel uh...". If you're one of the latter, well I don't really care about your opinion anyway, but maybe at least consider being an actually reasonable human being and keep your stuff to yourself. Also, remember that Eden is not the personification of Israel. You can not support Israel in the war or just disapprove of their actions in general, but actively hating on an artist just because she's from Israel is simply stupid and cruel. I wonder how people would react if Eden performed the exact same song but represented any other country.
P.S. If you want to reply with some generic bs don't bother, I don't care and I'm probably going to be off the forum for a few days anyway.

njdevils94

Veteran
We're annoyed because it's double-standards. One rule for Russia, one rule for Israel.
Russia and Israel are completely different situations. Don't now how many times I've stated that this season.

Israel/Palestine is a 2000 year old conflict which in large part was started by the British but I'm not trying to get too political so I'll leave it at that.

Ianp16

Luckily for me I was off the forum for some time and then unluckily for me I decided to check out the reactions to the 2nd semifinal here. Let me just tell you people, it's sad how bitter and short-sighted some of you are. You can like the song or you can dislike the song, there's nothing wrong in either, but let's be honest here. Do you seriously think there's some sort of Jewish rally all around the world to make Eden win? Do you think casual eurovision viewers will go out of their way and pay to vote for Eden just because she's Jewish and they want to "support Israel", or maybe it's just another case of people complaining about a song, just because a lot of other people like it and they don't. I for once do like Eden's song despite the fact that I don't care about the war in Israel and it's not even close to being a factor for me. It's just a very good song in my opinion. Eden has great vocals and the on-stage performance works really well. I don't care if people "boo" her or anything like that, because I can't bring myself to treat people like that seriously.
So in short there's three packs of people - those who like Hurricane, those who don't like Hurricane (which is absolutely fine) and those who think they'll be cool and funny if they hate on Eden because "Israel uh...". If you're one of the latter, well I don't really care about your opinion anyway, but maybe at least consider being an actually reasonable human being and keep your stuff to yourself. Also, remember that Eden is not the personification of Israel. You can not support Israel in the war or just disapprove of their actions in general, but actively hating on an artist just because she's from Israel is simply stupid and cruel. I wonder how people would react if Eden performed the exact same song but represented any other country.
P.S. If you want to reply with some generic bs don't bother, I don't care and I'm probably going to be off the forum for a few days anyway.
After seeing the Ukraine result in 2022, and the Azerbaijan televote manipulation back in the early 2010s, I will believe ANYTHING.

If the Italian results show that 39% of the televote was for Isreal, we’re in for an absolute shit show on Saturday

crashworld

Veteran
Firstly congrats to Israel and Eden! I'm so happy they qualify.

Secondly, are we a little ahead of ourselves? The winning share could be staggering in this semi (though I'm really shocked) but we all know it's only against 15 other songs. In the actually contest, there'll be another 10 more songs to fight for the share.

Plus I'm sure the juries now will be activated to ensure Israel is heavily marked down.

I'm not convinced Israel will win the contest even if the projectory of the televoting results would be massive.

And I think you all better thank RAI for leaking the results, so you know how to tactical vote on the finals.

Lastly, it's going to get tougher now for Eden and the delegation. I still wish her and the delegation all the best and safety first.

Anthony Tesla

A lot of those protests didn't work because a lot of them are performative.

Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of very legit people protesting for the rights of Palestinians, and that's a fair cause...

...however, a lot, A LOT pretty much just do it because it's cool to do so, and they have to be SEEN protesting.

A real boycott would involve not watching or attending the contest, but that doesn't involve looking cool, or others watching you look cool, and that's just not possible for a certain strain of narcisist personalities.

gingerale

Now that the awful hate campaign didn't work (for the haters) of course some people are coming up with the "manipulated mass voting campaign orchestrated by Israel" conspiracy theory. Those people should look into themselves what really lies beneath their hate.

crashworld

Veteran
Now that the awful hate campaign didn't work (for the haters) of course some people are coming up with the "manipulated mass voting campaign orchestrated by Israel" conspiracy theory. Those people should look into themselves what really lies beneath their hate.

I mean what is new though? The conflict has truly brought out the true colours of alot of people and normalized the usual anti-Israel/antisemitic tropes.

And that's just based on one SINGLE voting country where we can't even verify the voting figures to be true. I'm not disputing the results, I'm talking more on the percentages.

PolarFoxxie.

I can tell you now, if Israel did do well enough to win the contest it wouldn't be held in Israel next year, that's just a given fact and would give the EBU a massive headache.
Israel is the most secured place on earth. But you realise it happened before in the past. Kalush from Ukraine won and UK was more than happy to host it. Don't worry about that.

Sammy

Veteran
Probably some juries will vote Israel massively down. Don‘t forget some TV-channels were very vocal for a ban of Israel. Those might also have chosen jurors who will voice their political protest in their voting.

crashworld

Veteran
Probably some juries will vote Israel massively down. Don‘t forget some TV-channels were very vocal for a ban of Israel. Those might also have chosen jurors who will voice their political protest in their voting.

This is extremely likely to be honest. And if it did eventually happen, let's get ready to watch the same people who denounced giving the equal power to the juries to eat their words. The hypocrisy has always been stunning to witness.

PolarFoxxie.

Do we have names of jurrors yet? Ebu should actually do something about it but they won't. But this producer's choice thing has already determined the results. Now I am not sure if Israel can win.. I will be happy with anyone winning except Croatia. Imagine few people behind closed doors deciding the winner and putting first favourite with 40% at the end. That is not fair. I don't like this bs. At all.

Sammy

Veteran
This is extremely likely to be honest. And if it did eventually happen, let's get ready to watch the same people who denounced giving the equal power to the juries to eat their words. The hypocrisy has always been stunning to witness.
yes, we might see a Sergej Lazerev situation here. At least the „why is Israel treated dfferently than Russia“-argument will then be even more ridiculous :mrgreen:

crashworld

Veteran
Do we have names of jurrors yet? Ebu should actually do something about it but they won't. But this producer's choice thing has already determined the results. Now I am not sure if Israel can win.. I will be happy with anyone winning except Croatia. Imagine few people behind closed doors deciding the winner and putting first favourite with 40% at the end. That is not fair. I don't like this bs. At all.

I believe the names will only be released after the grand final when the detailed results are out. Anyway, we shall see how it goes. Particularly don't care who wins as long as everyone at the show remains safe even the whole competition ends.

Top Bottom