Contact us

Israel ISRAEL 2022 - Michael Ben David - I.M.

How do you rate the entry?

16 8.2%

4 2.0%

15 7.7%

10 5.1%

17 8.7%

24 12.2%

16 8.2%

19 9.7%

17 8.7%

21 10.7%

37 18.9%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator

flag-800.png

Baby
Sometimes love can bring you down
But, honey
Keep your head up
Keep your head up
Keep your head up
Remember who you are

You can call me crazy
Or just call my name
You can say that I'm stunning
It's not a shame
'Cause I know I am
I know I am, hah
'Cause I know I am
I know I am
I like this attitude
I like the game
You can say that I'm brave
I'm never the same
'Cause I know I am (I know I am)
I know I am (I know I am)
'Cause I know I am (I know I am)
Hah, I know I am

Baby, come with me, follow me
Tell me if we can take it to the floor
(Oh-ooh, oh-ooh, oh-ooh, oh-ooh)
I'm the fire, the power
And if you're asking
I was gonna take it all (All, all)

You know I am
You know I am
'Cause I na-na-na know I am, am
And no one brings me down
I'm gonna take the crown
Give it to me now

I'm shameless and I'm spotless and I'm flawless
Always take it up 'cause I'm a winner, I don't want less
Going for the things I should and maybe I'm ferocious
Making you the one I want and I'm not even topless (Be cautious)
It's going down for real
Twenty twenty-two, let's seal the deal
(Middle East) Is the new sex appeal
Bam, bam, this is how it feel

Baby, come with me, follow me
Tell me if we can take it to the floor
(Oh-ooh, oh-ooh, oh-ooh, oh-ooh)
Ooh, I'm the fire, the power
And if you're asking
I was gonna take it all (All, all, all)

You know I am
You know I am
'Cause I na-na-na know I am, am
And no one brings me down
I'm gonna take the crown
Give it to me now

Baby
Sometimes life can bring you down
But I'll remember
To always keep my head up
'Cause no one brings me down
I'm gonna take the crown
Give it to me now​

Last edited by a moderator:

joao

Super Moderator
Staff member
He can move, he can sing, he has a lot of attitude and presence on stage but the song feels veryyy tacky and amateurish. It almost looks like an open mic session at some random club. I don’t think it’s polished enough.

“Don’t” was much better IMO and he would still be able to bring all of his energy and personality into it.

I’m giving it a :4:

Luneaux

An interesting choice from Israel!

xthink

From the first listen, honestly I’m not sure if I like this song or not.

I’ll have clearer opinion later, but now I can see that he has charisma and self-confidence to perform his song on stage. :D

94ayd

What a great choice, the runner-up is way more forgettable, IMO and Inbal couldn't perform her song at the needed level. :8: for now but I can't stop listening to it, kind of on the same level as SloMo, but this one is getting torn to shreds due to (internalised) homophobia while the other one is celebrated. Both are bops with very sleek performances.

tsegaye

The song is OK and it's interesting to see how this type of song and performer will do in Eurovision... But the beat is identical to Truffle Butter, just another key and speed. Brings it down a lot for me, and in my opinion it's too similar (again: identical) to pass, but I have a hard time seeing EBU doing anything about it.

Yazy

Just listened to the studio and saw the live performance.

Honestly, this entire entry made me cringe.

To me, this is a textbook definition of artificial, "by the numbers" and overall try-hard attempt.

I honestly even prefer Bulgarian daddy rock (even though they made me cringe just as much).

hijirio

Veteran
I don't want to name anyone but some of you are nothing but untalented haters.

I wonder if you would have the balls to say those disgusting comments to his face, probably not. You could only wish to have half his talent.
I wonder how you would look if you do your best and try to dance/sing like him.

I understand, you don't have to like this song just to be not labeled as 'homophobe', but some of you really suffer from sticking to boomer gender roles.

I can clearly tell who hates this song because it's not their type, and those who do so because of internalized homophobia.

Sammy

Veteran
I don't want to name anyone but some of you are nothing but untalented haters.

I wonder if you would have the balls to say those disgusting comments to his face, probably not. You could only wish to have half his talent.
I wonder how you would look if you do your best and try to dance/sing like him.

I understand, you don't have to like this song just to be not labeled as 'homophobe', but some of you really suffer from sticking to boomer gender roles.

I can clearly tell who hates this song because it's not their type, and those who do so because of internalized homophobia.
I'm in fact a bit reminded of the early discussions about Conchita back then: it's ok if you have a gay act that's dressed like a woman, but that BEEEEAAAARD.....
and now: this could be such a great entry for a dragqueen, but he's clearly a man, so feminine behavior is just CRIIIIIINGE.

and before quick-readers start it: this is NOT - I repeat - NOT a comparison of Conchita and Michael as an act, but a comparison of the reactions they get.

ESC94

I´m gonna make this short since I´m very tired and I think the atmosphere in this tread is starting to get toxic.

This my second :0: of the season, it´s absolutely not my cup of tea, neither the choreography nor his voice. (n)

Last edited:

Carian

I´m gonna make this short since I`m very tired and I think the atmosphere in this tread is starting to get toxic.

This my second :0: of the season, it´s absolutely not my cup of tea, neither the choreography nor his voice. (n)
I agree. The guy is incredibly handsome, he has actually a good voice, but the whole package... Just meh, next please. I also gave it zero, and I am a huge fan of Israel. Call me homophobe (though me too gay), but this is just cheap. xbike

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
okkk. Finally getting around to giving my opinion. He performs with such a sassy attitude and great charisma that I find his performance quite enjoyable to watch, but the song is just soo... meh. The ethno bit is hot and totally needed to break the rather monotonious flow of the song but thats just about it. I never watched drag race, but the song comparison does feel very fitting, and not in a good way. I remember him and his performance, but the song is totally washed away. I hope they revamp it and work on it because this song is not the tea at all and he should have something better tbh. I'm gonna be generous with a :6:

Fluke

It's like Imri meets Anri Jokhadze meets "Brüno".... it's like an American parody of what they think Eurovision is like (though there really isn't all that many entries like this) but most notably, it's somehow actually pretty good.... the song is a mess of parts, but for some reason i'm not bothered by it, it's just fun and really well done throughout, even if the melody is pretty weak, it's just enough to hold to song together, and i think it can do pretty well, at least top 20.

Galandar

This is really good. It has a guaranteed place in the final and might fight for the crown. The only disadvantage for me is some reference to some bigger hits from the past. But from another look, it stands out as a brand new song with its own personality. For sure this gonna be a big bop this year 🥳

Top Bottom