9 4.6%

10 5.1%

43 21.9%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

SarahM

Trying to understand why so many people have this in the NQ or borderline Q list? It got a generally good reaction when released, now people seem to be wavering on it. Personally I think it's a safe Q especially looking at some others in SF1.

I think it could surprise people on the night
I can't wait for the music video. I think it will create more buzz around the song

Jupiter

Trying to understand why so many people have this in the NQ or borderline Q list? It got a generally good reaction when released, now people seem to be wavering on it. Personally I think it's a safe Q especially looking at some others in SF1.

Might be because by being in the first half of SF1, it's in a generally bad Spot (close to acts like Croatia and Lithuania). And other countries like Poland just got really lucky with voting buddies. I don't see it beating Croatia, Ukraine, Lithuania or Slovenia. Likely not Finland either. But it shouldn't be below Moldova, Iceland, Australia and likely Azerbaijan. So only one other country to beat... wirh great staging, I think Bambie will be fine (and I really hope so personally).

Shadowfuxcs

I love Ireland this year, just too bad that they didn't shoot a music video and now everyone is watching the live performance with the problematic sound mixing.
This is one of the better produced songs of the year but it didn't come across in that small studio.
Hopefully Bambie will qualify despite the tough semi, they deserve to be Ireland's best result since the 90's.

Cathan

There's only one reason and that's because it's Ireland, a country with 1 Q in 7 contests. Anyone who think's this will NQ clearly have a poor understanding of how Eurovision voting works.

I suspect if this entry was swapped with Cyprus and they were the ones sending this would we even be talking about qualification that much? And conversely if Ireland had sent "Liar" would we even be given a shot of qualification?

Cathan

Might be because by being in the first half of SF1, it's in a generally bad Spot (close to acts like Croatia and Lithuania). And other countries like Poland just got really lucky with voting buddies. I don't see it beating Croatia, Ukraine, Lithuania or Slovenia. Likely not Finland either. But it shouldn't be below Moldova, Iceland, Australia and likely Azerbaijan. So only one other country to beat... wirh great staging, I think Bambie will be fine (and I really hope so personally).
True but it's still got more televote potential than the likes of Serbia ( Who I think they will shine in the final if they get there a bit like Estonia last year despite them only finishing 10th in the SF), Poland & Cyprus so it should still have no issue qualifying. Ireland should also be beating Slovenia and could challenge Finland in the 2nd half (Finland are another good example just like my previous point about Cyprus, if No Rules wasnt sent from a country like Finland would we be as confident in it's Q chances)

It's worth noting Ireland themselves have Australia & the UK voting which should get them 20 points or so already to start off with, which in a worst case scenario still leaves them in a better spot than Cyprus, Portugal, Luxembourg etc who are borderline Q's/NQ's in the SF so at this rate even if I am being pessimistic I think Ireland should have no issues making it.

I love Ireland this year, just too bad that they didn't shoot a music video and now everyone is watching the live performance with the problematic sound mixing.
This is one of the better produced songs of the year but it didn't come across in that small studio.
Hopefully Bambie will qualify despite the tough semi, they deserve to be Ireland's best result since the 90's.

The indications from Bambie is the music video is being released today but if not it will be released by the end of the week!

ArmpitOfEurope

A small step forwards for Ireland, but still feels like a possible non qualifier. Will depend on the staging
For now its a :4: , a bit too theatrical for my taste and not memorable enough, despite all the effort to make it characteristic.

PlasticToad

Music video out and I love it. Bambie clearly has a solid artistic vision, and now they've been given some space to show it they're flourishing. So long as they have a decent budget I really hope they'll have a stunning stage show.

I still don't know if Doomsday Blue is a qualifier, but I can say for sure I'll be proud that I'm going to Malmö in Irish colours!

Loindici

Veteran
I trust in Bambie, they seem to know their brand and how to make it work even with a small budget. I'm certain they know what they're preparing for May - not sure if RTE's budget is big though.

Cathan

One thing worth noting is according to Bambie there is a revamp of this entry but we wont hear it until we get to Eurovision so that will leave us with a nice surprise come rehearsals!

I trust in Bambie, they seem to know their brand and how to make it work even with a small budget. I'm certain they know what they're preparing for May - not sure if RTE's budget is big though.
This is the sort of entry that doesn't need a big budget for staging, this entry just requires clever staging rather than big staging as all the later will do is distract from the song.

Loindici

Veteran
Can I just give this :12: now?

rasmuslights

Veteran
One thing worth noting is according to Bambie there is a revamp of this entry but we wont hear it until we get to Eurovision so that will leave us with a nice surprise come rehearsals!

This is the sort of entry that doesn't need a big budget for staging, this entry just requires clever staging rather than big staging as all the later will do is distract from the song.

Exactly, they just need to be smart with the lights and camera. You don't need anything else.

Cathan

Another big issue with Ireland most years with using the LLS as a selection method is it creates a terrible first impression. If this was an internal selection and this song was released as this music video then I guarantee you this would be WAY more popular in the fandom than it is now. Obviously this is unlikely to affect our result in Malmo but it would make the build up far more enjoyable!

Sammy

Veteran
I still can’t listen to parts of the song (the screamy ones) without getting the urge to skip. But the video is really great! I love the juxtaposition of the overly girly bubblegum world and the dark witchraft! Very well done! I‘m curious how they will stage it.

Musically - still not my cup and probabl never will be.

Top Bottom