9 4.6%

11 5.6%

43 21.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Chrisiam

How well or not this will do in the semis will depend on their vocals and staging. Which is hard to judge here and now given how crap the entire show was. When you have a past winning entry sounding ropey I am willing to give Bambi Thug the benefit of the doubt here. However, I hope she will sound better getting closer to Eurovision fortnight and that she'll get a captivating staging. But knowing RTE they'll have her jumping out of a black wedding cake or recycling whatever prop they intended to use for the boyband if/when they won. I will give them a provisional 8 for now. I love the studio version but this needs to be far better for me and that in the end will determine if it goes up or down in my scoring.

MAD20

Just watched the NF performances and what the hell was that???????? Can't believe RTE put on such a shitty stage and show. Dreaming of the year that the Irish broadcaster finally gets to host an actual NF...

Shaney1995

People need to stop being harsh on vocals here. They had to perform in a 60 year old talk show studio with terrible acoustics and mic technology that wouldn't be used by any other broadcaster in Western eurooe. RTE cheaped out again as they are financial a mess (its a big scandal in ireland), but Bambie could do very, very well on a large stage with professional mixed backing vocals, good acoustics, a modern sound system and lots of mood setting visuals.

Remember brooke in 2022? She was horrific on the late late/eurosong and improved a lot on the esc stage but the song was generic.

Bambie can improve massively by May with the bigger stage and better technology.

This could a be the 2020s version of Lordi Hard Rock Hallelujah. Not saying it will do as well, but it could do surprisingly well by shock factor and the dark tone with lots of artistic value also. Plus the death metal element could grab nordic points

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Of course nothing is ever certain but we can't underestimate Bambie Thug's chances. This is Eurovision. The song competes in a semi final that won't have juries. How does the incredibly charismatic goth witch with their memorable demon dancers not make the final? It's a massively polarising entry but so are lots of songs that do well at the contest. For those that are into this kind of music, it's a very solid track. The stage tonight wasn't great and the sound mixing on every song was poor, but Bambie still shone.

For once Ireland has chosen a song that doesn't feel dead on arrival. It's honestly really exiting and I can't wait to see what happens. I can't stress enough the glow up this can receive on the actual Eurovision stage with better sound, staging and camera work. It could be visually mesmerising and Bambie will put all the work in to make things happen. Underestimate Doomsday Blue at your peril.

:8: points!

Cathan

The annual Ireland-Denmark battle is going to be very exciting this time. Which of the two will get most points at Eurovision? It could well become a battle between a witch and a mermaid!
You've already lost and lost BADLY :ROFLMAO:

You'll have to settle this battle with Latvia this year I'm afraid!

Funix

:1: point for the courage to send something different and nothing more :)

Edit: The songs were actually pretty okay this year for Ireland, but wow they are lacking when it comes to live performances...

nudiecrudi

"That's rich" was somehow out of the box compared to what Ireland is sending ultimately, and I liked it. It was fresh and joyful.
Doomsday blue isn't a bad song and Bambie tries to elevate the song adding some theatrical/musical elements.
But guys if RTE doesn't invest some money for the staging, I can't imagine it as a qualifier.

njdevils94

Veteran
I'm surprised Ailsha didn't have back vocals for tonight. The isolated vocals just don't sound the same compared to how her voice sounded in the studio version.

Kitakaze

I understand the agenda but I’m just extremely unconvinced that this was the best choice. There needs to be more of a balance between the unconventional and the accessible to be competitive and I just think some people are too eager to embrace the former for the sake of diversity. Even in a televote-only semi, I don’t think being polarising is necessarily a plus for Ireland this year when you consider we already have a more palatable and coherent song in Veronika in a small selection of songs, and with the ongoing trend indicating more entries deviating from the Eurovision norm.

Xico_16

Easiest :12: points of my life

I have to say though, I preferred Go Tobann's live performance over Doomsday Blue's (unpopular opinion as it seems) even though both were not that great, but overall Bambie Thug was my favourite choice, the studio version is just incredible

Thank you Ireland, you go straight to the top of my ranking and I expect you to stay there for a while at least xheart

anabanana2000

Was in the late late studio tonight and could not be happier. Bambie Thug was just incredible live xheart
I have no doubt they will ACE it on stage in Malmo.
Will have to watch back tomorrow & see how rte ballsed up the broadcast / sound / production.
Btw it’s awkward AF in that audience, not allowed to cheer & being hushed for parts, I get that it’s a live recording, but felt like a naughty school girl holding back the energy!

Sim

really Ireland??
What I miss the '90's of Ireland...

I'm sorry but I can't give this any points....

See you back in 2025 with a better song (well that doesn"t seem that difficult)

Top Bottom