9 4.6%

10 5.1%

43 21.9%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

SpiritofKeiino

I think it's because Next In Line haven't been that successful. (I read a comment on Reddit saying they hadn't been signed to any record label)

This is probably an attempt to promote the band. Which, I mean most artists probably take part in Eurovision to promote themselves to some extent but it feels extra cynical in this case. Their participation feels a bit like a last resort or something to me.
I agree. Louis Walsh has obviously failed to make a success of this boyband (one of many boyband failures on his resume) and this is a last resort. I felt sorry for Brendan Murray in 2017 as I felt he was thrown to the lions by Louis.

MopManMoss

Veteran
@MopManMoss I'm coming in peace xD

1. Next In Line - Love Like Us
2. Isabella Kearney - Let Me Be The Fire

3. Erica Cody - Love Me Like I Do
4. JyellowL - Judas

5. AILSHA - Go Tobann

6. Bambie Thug - Doomsday Blue
People are more than welcome to have differing opinions!

I more than appreciate that Bambie and Ailsha have entries that are just headache inducing noise for many but the point is they are very different and not safe which would be a step in the right direction for Ireland after decades of bland and safe.

My ranking is similar to yours anyway

1) Bambie Thug - Doomsday Blue
2) Ailsha - Go Tobann (would be first if the mixing wasn't terrible)
3) Isabella Kearney - Let Me Be The Fire
4) Erica Cody - Love Me Like I Do
5) JyellowL - Judas
6) Next In Line - Love Like Us

AndroZeus

At this point in the contest, Doomsday Blue is my favourite out of all songs that have been announced, followed by Sé Quién Soy and Go Tobann. I don't know what the fuck happened, but Ireland is suddenly the most promising country out of all of them???

Mimmon

Veteran
My top for Irish nf (aka my 2nd home country)

1.Ailsha – “Go Tobann”
2.Next in Line-"Love Like Us"
3.Isabella Kearney-"Let Me Be the Fire"
4.Bambie Thug-"Doomsday Blues"
5.JyellowL feat. Toshín"-"Judas"
6.Erica Cody – “Love Me Like I Do“

Overall daring national selection in music genres.... Will succeed and finally make in final, we have to wait and see

Mainshow

Veteran
After listening to a recap, I think that "Love Like Us" might even be my new number one.
I know it's basic and generic but unless the too noisy and chaotic fan favourites, it got a catchy melody and is listenable xD
Oh and that entry is slightly superior to last year's "We Are One", imo.

I wouldn't mind Ireland to go fully generic and vanilla for another year. It would probably mean a NQ but at least, I wouldn't have to skip their entry whilst listening to the official CD.

ESC94

After listening to a recap, I think that "Love Like Us" might even be my new number one.
I know it's basic and generic but unless the too noisy and chaotic fan favourites, it got a catchy melody and is listenable xD
Oh and that entry is slightly superior to last year's "We Are One", imo.

I wouldn't mind Ireland to go fully generic and vanilla for another year. It would probably mean a NQ but at least, I wouldn't have to skip their entry whilst listening to the official CD.

Sometimes your taste of music is a real mystery to me. :ROFLMAO:

Mainshow

Veteran
Sometimes your taste of music is a real mystery to me. :ROFLMAO:

I'm surprised I'm rooting for the generic vanilla radio song in this NF, too (but to be fair, this is Ireland's thread so it shouldn't be too surprising at all xD).

I like daring, bold and progressive entries very much but I just think that the two presented in this NF simply aren't it.

But to be fair, I don't really care about them anyway. I was able to listen to 3 songs in this NF without muting or skipping the end...

Next In Line is fun though and I believe that some fans are just fed up with Ire"lad[(s)" going for the radio pop song again.
If Ireland want to go fully power-bottom-metal-wannabe avant-garde, they have my blessing. Let's give it a try imo.

Last edited:

SpiritofKeiino

Looks like Erica is putting a lot of prep into her performance, going by clips posted on her social media. Plenty of dancers.

b4ld3r

I've really tried to like it but Go Tobann sounds so cheap. Thought it just was the radio broadcast that messed it up, but the actual mixing is pretty bad. Playing Doomsday Blue after it feels like your eardrums are getting massaged in comparison

Realest

Very balanced NF.

Ailsha - Go Tobann 3.2/10
Bambie Thug - Doomsday Blue 2.8/10
Isabella Kearney - Let me be the fire 2.7/10
Erica Cody - Love me like I do 2.5/10
Next in Line - Love like us 2.3/10
JyellowL - Judas 1.7/10

I bims

Veteran
"Go Tobann" and "Doomsday Blue" are giving Fulenn 😭
Not because they are similar songs but they are more alternative, liked by the bubble but I can see them flop hard.

Top Bottom