9 4.6%

11 5.6%

43 21.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

SpiritofKeiino

I don't particularly like any of the songs but at least there's a bit of variety. Pop, rap, metal/industrial entries. Definitely a step up from the blandness of past NFs. Maybe RTE have taken past constructive criticism on board this year and modernised the process

FabiESC

01 Next in Line - Love Like Us 8/10
02 Erica-Cody – Love Me Like I Do 3/10
03 JyellowL - Judas 3/10
04 Isabella Kearney - Let Me Be The Fire 2/10
05 Bambie Thug – Doomsday Blue 1/10
06 Ailsha – Go Tobann 0/10

What is this? Sorry, this is absolutely the badest NF i hear this year and the past years. Next in Line has by far the best song, i really like this, but it is nothing for ESC, i see again no chances for Ireland to get through to the final. I feel sorry for Ireland.

MopManMoss

Veteran
01 Next in Line - Love Like Us 8/10
02 Erica-Cody – Love Me Like I Do 3/10
03 JyellowL - Judas 3/10
04 Isabella Kearney - Let Me Be The Fire 2/10
05 Bambie Thug – Doomsday Blue 1/10
06 Ailsha – Go Tobann 0/10

What is this? Sorry, this is absolutely the badest NF i hear this year and the past years. Next in Line has by far the best song, i really like this, but it is nothing for ESC, i see again no chances for Ireland to get through to the final. I feel sorry for Ireland.
Louis why are you pretending to be German on a eurovision forum

Koori

If I'm about to predict Irish NF results, I have to choose the most bland, generic and boring songs ( sorry peeps )
So I guess the winners could be:

Isabella Kearney - Let Me Be The Fire
Next In Line - Love Like Us
Erica-Cody - Love Me Like This

Kitakaze

I hate to say it but I just don’t see how some of these messy songs will work at Eurovision let alone at the Late Late Show. I’m all for more diversity and doing away with bland inoffensive pop but none of them are competitive. I think the best bet is either Erica-Cody or Next In Line but it’s hard to see anything but NQ with whichever option.

Wynnter

"Go Tobann" keeps living rent free in my head. But I do think it could benefit greatly from better production.

"Doomsday Blue" also keeps intriquing me. It is (imo) less crazy and hectic than "Go Tobann" so that may give it a higher position if any battle is actually had between these two.

Don't really care for the rest of the songs. xscared

All of this will come down to the live performances, which I'm quite scared about to say the least. :lol:

Ianp16

I've been listening to Eirevision poscast all week. I love the passion that the guys have for ESC and you can tell they're still kinda in the place that UK was 5 years ago (although the UK is yet to REALLY demonstrate that things have changed, in terms of actual results).

It's VERY telling that Next In Line don't have their song on Spotify yet. Get the song on music platforms as soon as the act is announced for the national selection. Louis Walsh is now a dinosaur and it's painful that he will likely succeed as the selection show is watched by dinosaurs.

rasmuslights

Veteran
Ireland did improve their selection.

But still it's far from what Ireland needs to be doing (they are ofc not the only country not doing it right (lux., nor., mol., den. to name a few).

And the excuse that we can't turn things around in one year is not believable at all, when you have artists like CMAT wanting to do it.

Sabrewulf238

Maybe I'm jumping the gun a little but....

01. Bambie Thug - Doomsday Blue
02. Ailsha - Go Tobann
03. Isabella Kearney - Let Me Be The Fire
04. JYellowL - Judas
05. Erica Cody - Love Me Like I Do
06. Next In Line - ?

My ranking didn't change I just have a name to add to the last song now.

01. Bambie Thug - Doomsday Blue
02. Ailsha - Go Tobann
03. Isabella Kearney - Let Me Be The Fire
04. JYellowL - Judas
05. Erica Cody - Love Me Like I Do
06. Next In Line - Love Like Us

b4ld3r

Why is Louis Walsh doing this again? Why does he think the chances for these boys to qualify are better than they were for Brendan (or Nicky for that matter)? Why does he love humiliating children?

Paco Roca

Applause for Ireland 👏 I'm really surprised positively. My ranking is this:

1. Go Tobann = perfect Irish Hardcore Rock. The harshness of the sound mixes meticulously with the traditional Irish sound. An impactful song comes out but with sweet and dreamlike implications that make you imagine the fabulous land of Ireland.

2. Doomsday Blues = those who rate this song unfavorably either don't understand music or rely too much on their own taste. Crazy distortions and a devastating gothic and occult atmosphere. If this song reached the ESC stage in Malmö I would be very happy. It would shock the whole public!

3. Let Me Be The Fire = I like it. It's musical, sweet and very expressive of the English-speaking musical world.

4. Love Me Like Do = beautiful song and with those small and clever 80s retro touches that don't hurt.

I see the first 4 songs at ESC doing very well. Now comes the worst:

5. Love Like Us = typical Coca Cola commercial song and very "Irish flop of recent years".

6. Judas = please someone break my eardrums! Listening to this song is a test of endurance... It could be used to train crazy guerrillas. I mean, you take some young guys, bring them into a room, close the door, throw away the key and turn on "Judas". Once they get out of there, crazy, they will be ready to fight to the death in the name of any faith.

Sabrewulf238

Why is Louis Walsh doing this again? Why does he think the chances for these boys to qualify are better than they were for Brendan (or Nicky for that matter)? Why does he love humiliating children?

I think it's because Next In Line haven't been that successful. (I read a comment on Reddit saying they hadn't been signed to any record label)

This is probably an attempt to promote the band. Which, I mean most artists probably take part in Eurovision to promote themselves to some extent but it feels extra cynical in this case. Their participation feels a bit like a last resort or something to me.

Top Bottom