16 8.2%

17 8.8%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
IRELAND.png

ClassifiedCat

Re: IRELAND 2016

Whatever happens, I hope that we will have a better national final than the Late Late show!

ClassifiedCat

This was the last winner of The Voice

Nice singer, bit like Guy Sebastian in a sense but not really like any contestant this year.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

Linda Martin singing "Odious Little Man!"

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

ClassifiedCat

Let's have a Genealogy-like group about the Easter Rising.

Africa - Cait O'Riordan
Americas - Selena Gomez
Asia - Japanese singer I cannot remember atm
Europe - Bjork
Ireland - Mary Byrne
Oceania - Lorde

Since I'm near certain we won't qualify this year, I hope the currrent HoD is sacked and replaced by someone who actually knows how to stage a NF or pick a good act internally, like Queen Mairead Farrell xbow

My realistic picks would be:

Markus Feehily
Melanie McCabe
Ryan O' Shaughnessy
HomeTown
and of course the robbed goddess of Eurosong 2015: Erika Selin xheart

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

paddyirl

Agree no more Late Late Show.

I'd love Samantha Mumba and maybe an R&B entry to try something different but can't see that ever happening.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Signed it for you. :D I'm not necessarily sure that a MF style event would work due to the quality of songs probably being really poor, and when other countries have replicated it, they have flopped. Greece only usually have 4 or 5 songs in a NF, and have done for decades, and until the past couple of years they have got amazing results.

ClassifiedCat

Signed it for you. :D I'm not necessarily sure that a MF style event would work due to the quality of songs probably being really poor, and when other countries have replicated it, they have flopped. Greece only usually have 4 or 5 songs in a NF, and have done for decades, and until the past couple of years they have got amazing results.
With the exception of 2012, at least Greece have it in a studio and is the only focus of the evening, whereas the Late Late Show has cheesy, tacky games on it after all the songs have performed in a cramped studio. Thanks for signing, please share it if you want, we need this to get the attention of our HoD and Michael Kealy. Our winning streak is at stake!

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

With the exception of 2012, at least Greece have it in a studio and is the only focus of the evening, whereas the Late Late Show has cheesy, tacky games on it after all the songs have performed in a cramped studio. Thanks for signing, please share it if you want, we need this to get the attention of our HoD and Michael Kealy. Our winning streak is at stake!

Yes of course, I'm not saying the Late Late Show is fine as it is, because it's not I was just pointing a big selection is always what is needed. :D You've already got 29 signatures, but I will help and get a few friends to vote. :D

paddyirl

Signed the petition but dont hold much hope given how they've no creativity in RTE at all.

I also think one of the Eurosong finalists needs to be a song as Gaeilge just to have the option.

Sabrewulf238

DEATH TO THE LATE LATE SHOW EUROSONG FORMAT

Just want to be perfectly clear.

If they can afford a number of Voice of Ireland live shows (for a winner that nobody remembers like a day or two after it's over) they can afford one measly live show for a contest in which all of Europe is judging us.

bstream

Having a national selection in the corner of an already small studio in the dead of night and expecting anything close to the left hand side on the Grand Final is way beyond me.

paddyirl

Agree, surely they could just dedicate a studio in RTÉ to a live final. Use the Late Late studio but delete the Late Late element, have someone like Nicky Byrne or that Sinead Kennedy present and make it look like an actual national final and not some add on to a show that's core viewership is 50+.

Top Bottom