Contact us

I'm still sad/mad that x didn't qualify...

midnightsun

Veteran
Yeah, Qami. My favourite Armenian entry to date. Forgot to mention this, it‘s a real good piece of music. What a pity people aren‘t interested in the classic ballads and good voices (See Inje).

CaraMia

:me: 2013. That's the first one that comes to my mind immediately when you ask "I'm still sad/mad it didn't qualify". It wasn't even one of my favourites, but damn! It was 2013, it was dubstep, they made everything they could to make a memorable performance (and they did!) and they were fourth in televote. Everything was on point! I seriously shouted at the tv screen when I saw they didn't qualify and when I rewatch the performance on YouTube I still feel affected by the non-qualification. #JusticeforIgranka

mauve

Veteran
:ie: 2009. Powerful woman rock. Will never understand. Completely underrated.

P.S. In this sense also Belarus and Macedonia that year. Great Songs ...

Ichbinjari

2014:
:pt: Suzy was so much fun!
:il:. Israël was in my opinion in the top 10 of their semifinal

2015:
:nl: It wasn't that bad, right?
:md: My guilty pleasure until today
:is: Still mad about this one! Mei did so good!

2016:
:is: Loved it
:no: Loved it.

2017:
:mk: It was okay, not great but it was top 10 material
:ee: Also a crime that did didn't made the cut

2018:
:ch: :gr: and :by: loved all these, but the semi was though.

Sammy

Veteran
Paolo Meneguzzi, Melanie René and the Lovebugs. Btw the fact that all three are swiss acts is pure coinidence.

mauve

Veteran
Paolo Meneguzzi, Melanie René and the Lovebugs. Btw the fact that all three are swiss acts is pure coinidence.

Hell, yes. Lovebugs. Love that song, but the live performance could have been better.The singer could have been more convincing.

Sammy

Veteran
:nl: 2007 a masterpiece! how could she not qualify when turkey or georgia did that year...

VikingTiger

There as been many disqualifications that I havent agreed upon, or that came as a suprise to be at the night. But looking back I must admit not many of the non-quialifier songs still makes an impression on me. And in some cases I really enjoyed the song - but I can totally understand why it didnt qualify after the live performance.

The songs I still listen to and love:

:sl: 2005 - Stop
:cy: 2007 - Comme si, Comme ca
:al: 2007 - Hear My Plea
:nl: 2010 - Sha-la-lie
:pt: 2012 - Vida Minha
:il: 2013 - Rak Bishvilo
:sm: 2013 - Crisalide
:ie: 2017 - Dying to Try

...but, the undebatable winner is without doubt: :bg: 2012 - Love Unlimited, Sofi Marinova!

Sammy

Veteran
There as been many disqualifications that I havent agreed upon, or that came as a suprise to be at the night. But looking back I must admit not many of the non-quialifier songs still makes an impression on me. And in some cases I really enjoyed the song - but I can totally understand why it didnt qualify after the live performance.

The songs I still listen to and love:

:sl: 2005 - Stop
:cy: 2007 - Comme si, Comme ca
:al: 2007 - Hear My Plea
:nl: 2010 - Sha-la-lie
:pt: 2012 - Vida Minha
:il: 2013 - Rak Bishvilo
:sm: 2013 - Crisalide
:ie: 2017 - Dying to Try

...but, the undebatable winner is without doubt: :bg: 2012 - Love Unlimited, Sofi Marinova!

With the exception of :nl: 2010 I completely agree.

Ichbinjari

... I just cant help it... but hearing Sieneke just puts a big smile on my face - every time!! :p

Me, as a dutch person, think you're completely insane haha. Sieneke is in my opinion one of the worst entries since 1956. Maybe you'll hate it too if you know the translation of the lyrics haha

VikingTiger

Me, as a dutch person, think you're completely insane haha. Sieneke is in my opinion one of the worst entries since 1956. Maybe you'll hate it too if you know the translation of the lyrics haha

hehe... well - in that case maybe I'd better keep on being ignorant as to what the lyrics really mean...
Well - I can think of several dutch entries that I find much worse than your 2010 entry.

mauve

Veteran
Also:

Highway - The Real Thing (Montenegro)
Fomins & Kleins - Dziesma par laimi (Latvia)
Voltaj - De La Capat/ All Over Again (Romania)
Anti Social Media - The Way You Are (Denmark)

Sammy

Veteran
Also:

Highway - The Real Thing (Montenegro)
Fomins & Kleins - Dziesma par laimi (Latvia)
Voltaj - De La Capat/ All Over Again (Romania)
Anti Social Media - The Way You Are (Denmark)

Well, they DID qualify or am I mistaken?

IdaVelvet

Iceland "Hear Them Coming" 2016 or 2015

There are more but I don't want to start recalling because it will make me mad sad again

Top Bottom